Resolutions - Make Them Or Break Them?

Resolutions - Make Them Or Break Them?

• Yes, I made one and plan to keep it.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Yes, I made one and already broke it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I made one and know I'll break it.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nope, didn't make one.

Votes: 28 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diane

Reaction score
I'm not very good about New Year's resolutions. I tend to break them by January 2 each year - or sooner. It's like going on a diet - I want to eat more and with a resolution - I want to do whatever I swore to not do even more. So do you make them and do you break them?

I'm not talking golf here, but rather resolutions for the rest of your life.

I made three resolutions. One for golf, one for work, and one for me personally. I intend on making good on all three.

I don't make them.

I made one which I intend on keeping.

I had quit smoking in early 2009 (or was it late 2008?) anyway about a mo ago I started having one every now and then. My resolution this year is to never put another smoking poison stick in my mouth ever again!

Re:Resolutions - Make Them Or Break Them?

I'm not a fan of the resolutions. I just make small temporary goals and large lifelong goals because that's what my resolutions used to be. I have the willpower to stick to these "resolutions" better than in the past.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have every confidence you will succeed Mytime.

I never make them, probably because I know I will break them.

That is a great one mytime!

I have goals that I want to achieve but I haven't been succuessful with any of them yet so let's see if 2010 is any different.

I don't make them. I don't need a day to make me want to change something.

I usually make them at 1130 New Years Eve after I have had a few drinks. This years were to drink more Malt Liquor and to Breakdance more. I dont think they will stick.

I usually make them at 1130 New Years Eve after I have had a few drinks. This years were to drink more Malt Liquor and to Breakdance more. I dont think they will stick.

lmao!!

This is the first time I've wanted somebody else to break their own resolutions.:D

Well I tried to vote 3 times and every time I received that pesky "Ooops this link seems to be broken", error message, which is becoming a common everyday occurrence. THP is the only site I that I have this issue with.

So with that, I have two resolutions. First and foremost is to work on getting, and staying healthier for the next year....and beyond. Second is to keep hanging out at THP. Error messages don't scare me.:banana:

Didn't make one. My wife and I have two "resolutions" that we always try and keep - lose some weight and exercise more.

I want to see the video! :dance:

Usually I make resolutions I know I can keep, like resolving not to become a terrorist.

For behavioral changes, Lent works better for me. It's a mind game. If I tell myself I'm changing something forever, it won't stick. But if I change something for seven weeks, I can get through it--and then when the seven weeks are up, I can keep it going.

That said, I did make one resolution this year, and I hope to keep it.

Last year it was to stop making new year's resolutions.I stuck with it.

I haven't really made any resolutions, yet, but for the most part, they're the same every year! This year I need to be more strict with at least one of them!!

I dont make new year's resolutions. If people want to change their life for the better, they shouldnt need a special day to do so.

Don't make them, never have. I just don't place that much significance on starting a "new year". The way I see it, you are starting a new year every day, just starting it from a different place on the calendar.

Back