Golf Channel New Ads and Studio

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Anyone else getting inundated with the GC's ads for new season and hype over their new set for 2K10? This better be good.

Wait till the press releases start to come out Monday.

I have been tired of the GC CATV show for a while now. I lost it for a while with cable package I had, did not miss it. Then the other day Cox put it back on with no package price increase. I do like some of golf instruction videos they have on their website.

I am tired of all the Tiger Woods coverage. Hey guys stop trying to make people forget what he did, it is not going to work.:bananadance::bananadance:

Ironic how people say that about some but not about others. I find that if people do not like them, now they have fuel to the fire. If they did like him, they might like him a little less.

What was GC's deal on covering all the Majors Tiger won today? I was watching them all, but curious as to why they just covered those.

This past week must've been Tiger week. They replayed all three of his US Am titles more than once. Pretty much replayed all of his Masters, US Open, and PGA Championship victories... it was getting a little rich.

I'm just glad there is a live tourney next week!

What was GC's deal on covering all the Majors Tiger won today? I was watching them all, but curious as to why they just covered those.

This past week must've been Tiger week. They replayed all three of his US Am titles more than once. Pretty much replayed all of his Masters, US Open, and PGA Championship victories... it was getting a little rich.

Also the Tavistock Cup that he played in.

It was weird. Was it a Tiger week that they decided not to promote? And if so, why not change the programming in light of the current situation?

Or was it playing to the interest in the current situation?

Either way, weird.

I haven't been watching much TV though. What's this about a new studio?

According to PR, it was not "Tiger Week", but something was definitely up. No other reason to showcase the 3 part series with Tiger and AK sponsored by Nike. Tee it up with Tiger. I believe that this was about playing to the current interests.

Mark your calendars....only two days left until we get to see what golf really looks like now....2K10. Has it changed that much in a couple of days? :act-up:

With all the Tiger airings I wonder if they suspect something is brewing in his camp. An earlier than expected return perhaps?

In the past, the only time I've watched the Golf Channel was for Thursday/Friday coverage of a given tournament, a couple of "Top Ten" episodes and the occasional "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf" oldie. Other than that, I have no use for it. Before all of the Tiger nonsense started, GC was WAY too self-promotional (to the point of insecurity) and having a "Golf Channel" spot seemingly every thirty seconds or so gets tedious real fast.

But AFTER the Tiger nonsense happened, I now have absolutely no use for Golf Channel at all. Their penchant for Yellow Journalism and gossip-based "reporting" has done nothing to improve their stature and in my opinion they have lowered themselves beyond the level of such innuendo rags as the National Enquirer and that eliminated whatever faint respect I had for them.

So whatever new sets they've dreamed up or whatever over-hyped catchphrases they've come up with to promote themselves means nothing to me because I won't be watching. And based upon casual observation, I suspect I'm hardly the only person who feels this way.

-JP

So whatever new sets they've dreamed up or whatever over-hyped catchphrases they've come up with to promote themselves means nothing to me because I won't be watching. And based upon casual observation, I suspect I'm hardly the only person who feels this way.
-JP
Im the same on this, I really only watch it for tournament coverage and Big Break. Ill tune in every once in a while for the pre show before a major as well. There are only so many times you can see a infomercial.

Im the same on this, I really only watch it for tournament coverage and Big Break. Ill tune in every once in a while for the pre show before a major as well. There are only so many times you can see a infomercial.

I'm with you there!

I can only watch Big Break though if I record it on DVR. That way, I can just buzz past all of the "This Week On Golf Channel" crap as well as the "Updates" on the Siberian Tour and just get into the show. Watching anything on Golf Channel "cold" is just flat-out annoying.

-JP

According to PR, it was not "Tiger Week", but something was definitely up. No other reason to showcase the 3 part series with Tiger and AK sponsored by Nike. Tee it up with Tiger. I believe that this was about playing to the current interests.

I read something about it being Tiger's birthday a few days ago. Maybe it had something to do with that.

I am tired of all the Tiger Woods coverage. Hey guys stop trying to make people forget what he did, it is not going to work.:bananadance::bananadance:

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Top 10 Tiger Romps :alien2: :alien2:

Hey guys stop trying to make people forget what he did, it is not going to work.:bananadance::bananadance:

OK, why then is it important to "remember" what he did?

Or better still, why not explain exactly why and how "what he did" directly affected your life and how your life has been changed as a result?

-JP

I just think there is more to golf then Tiger Woods. He has accomplished a lot. I just think it is sad that Tiger Woods is married, has two kids and he cheated on his wife fourteen times. I am glad to see the golf channel support him so much, but I wish they showed something else. I think Tiger needs to be put on the back burner for awhile.

My life has changed because it shows all you tiger fans that you are fans of a man of bad principals. Congratulations.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a fan of Tiger's golf game, not his principles. The same holds true for team sports. I'm a fan of the Steelers because I like the way they play football and what each and every player does in their private lives is of no concern or consequence to me; all I'm interested in is how they perform as a team on Sundays.

Tiger's "principles" had nothing to do with his winning 14 majors any more than Pete Rose's gambling had anything to do with his batting record. What someone does in their private life is their business and what they do in that private world is of no importance to me in terms of how they perform in their job. As it happens, whatever misadventures Tiger may have had in his personal life has obviously not affected his ability to do his job very well and that's good enough for me.

-JP

Lets keep this one about the golf channel guys and their new studio.

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Top 10 Tiger Romps :alien2: :alien2:

I wonder which of the mistresses got left off the list???

Back