How Did You Find Us?

i was invited to check it out from a member of another golf forum... seems like there is much more of a relaxed atmosphere in here and ppl actually can joke around without getting banned or deleted

Yeah, we are in a special place here. I am hoping it stays that way as it grows. JB is fair in his lordship over this forum and he actually participates in discussion. I have never seen a forum owner who is so involved (now watch me get a warning for talking OT :laughing: ).

I think I owe Smalls for putting me onto this wonderful site.
Thanks, man :bananadance:

That would be a story unto itself--how JB assembled his team and got this place off the ground. I know the bare outlines, but don't know how he found you.

I met JB at another golf forum and I was headed down to Tampa to visit a friend anyway so JB and I decided to meet up for a round of golf. We exchanged information so we could get in touch with each other and the next day my phone rang and that is when JB told me about what he wanted to do. He had the domain name and had the site started but was having some trouble. I put together a few graphics for him and put him in touch with Hacker to help out with the technical aspect. From there it was a "think tank" of JB, Harry, Hacker and myself bouncing around ideas and getting everything set up and then Forecaddie was brought in to help with some moderation duties.

Someone should write a history of the site for the home page. It sounds like an interesting story.

Kevin

Someone should write a history of the site for the home page. It sounds like an interesting story.

Kevin

That is a good idea. I will work on that.

i found the site googling for reviews on the TM Burner 09 irons. by far the most comprehensive golf site I've found!

It was Golf Chick's fault.

I beleive I was doing some randome googling actually looking for golf sites and stumbled onto THP. Glad I did. It has been wonderful to watch it grow has been very exciting.

For me it was looking for detailed golf ball reviews. There were very few out there that had what I wanted to see (compression, swing speed, etc.). I then very quickly latched onto the driver and hybrid shoot-outs. Great stuff.

The forum was a complete bonus!

Hi. I came to THP whilst trying to get reviews of MX300s because i am thinking of changing irons this season. The THP review was without the best I had read and by far the most insightfull, so much so that I will go ahead and get them once I'm sure of the choice of shaft.

Boredom and google.

Every time I googled an Iron review, I ended up here.

For me it was random googling trying to find a review on some clubs and it took me here. Now i'm hooked and couldn't be happier!!!

same here

I came when i was searching in google for a review of the new niblicks and really enjoyed the site and club reviews

It's just got a down home feel

It's just got a down home feel

I was on another golf forum and somehow I received an invite to try this one. Glad I did as this is the most informative, educational, and fun site on the web. Not to mention how user friendly it is to communicate and learn from golfers all over the world. It's a great way to review clubs, meet folks, and learn something new. Great job JB and founders! You got a winner here :eek:)

one of the things i specialize in at work is SEO/SEM. one of my customers is the local golfusa and when i was demo-ing golf related keywords with him on google this site kept popping up. i made a mental note, checked it out, read a killer review on the x-22's and have been hooked ever since.

Back