What would it take for you to buy a new Driver?

how would you know this hittng off a mat into a net?

A launch monitor will tell you how far you are hitting a driver and so much more. Today's launch monitors are extremely accurate as well.

Now that this thread has been up a while and alot of the peple here say it would be difficult for them to give up their existing drivers for various reasons, let me ask a some questions to the group.

Once you decide to make a change to any item in the bag, (driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter or even ball) how do you go about deciding what is the right option for you?

I assume many of us do not have the pleasure of having golf companies send you their newest offerings to take out on the course and play for a couple of rounds so you can get the feel of them and see what works best for your game. Of course several companies and websites like THP do testing and report their findings in various places (web, magazines etc ) and we take that info and make decisions. Another option for most of us is to go to a store and swing a club into a net, or maybe on a range and from that we decide to buy or not to buy.

Brother, where I’m from we call that a THREADJACK:LOL:

…better off starting a new thread, a lot of the people who posted in this one might pass it up and miss your question…starting new threads is KOOL

Just trying to help…

...anyway, since I'm here...

I demo, try guys clubs i'm playing with, take from the shop, demo days, go to shops and hit on the launch monitor, and buy stuff that I think that I'd like and try it to see if it makes the starting lineup...even though I try alot of stuff, hardly anything breaks through to the starting lineup, but I have fun doing it...

This is all very interesting, especially having went tnrough a serious journey, which consisted of lessons and alot of experimenting to find a driver that had the perfect distance and accuracy. I am only 5'4" and being so short in height as you can see shaft length was a issue, that is where I started to only scratch the surface when it comes to shaft length, flex, swing weight, distance and accuracy. Well after a long intensive search I can truly say I am in the minority, my current driver is FT-i with steel shaft cut down to 42", which ultimately gave the best feel ever. So with that said if I could find a traditional style driver that would give me that same feel, and get 10-20 more yards out of it, I would buy it.

A launch monitor will tell you how far you are hitting a driver and so much more. Today's launch monitors are extremely accurate as well.

What he said.:thumb:

Once you decide to make a change to any item in the bag, (driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter or even ball) how do you go about deciding what is the right option for you?

I try the vast majority of new clubs that come out (excellent club pro) it would take a significant improvement in accuracy,dispersion,feel and distance to make me change from the clubs that i currently use.

I try the vast majority of new clubs that come out (excellent club pro) it would take a significant improvement in accuracy,dispersion,feel and distance to make me change from the clubs that i currently use.

Keep in mind that with the exception of Driver and wedges, your equipment is all BRAND new. I think WR is asking how you came to that decision.

Keep in mind that with the exception of Driver and wedges, your equipment is all BRAND new. I think WR is asking how you came to that decision.

Not brand new,newish maybe (got them slightly ahead of there official launch)

I demo'd them for hours,spent a while on Pings fitting stand,made 100% sure that they suited me and i wouldnt have to change to suit them.

Not brand new,newish maybe (got them slightly ahead of there official launch)

I demo'd them for hours,spent a while on Pings fitting stand,made 100% sure that they suited me and i wouldnt have to change to suit them.

Where did you "demo them for hours? On a course?

Brother, where I’m from we call that a THREADJACK:LOL:

…better off starting a new thread, a lot of the people who posted in this one might pass it up and miss your question…starting new threads is KOOL

Just trying to help…

...anyway, since I'm here...

I demo, try guys clubs i'm playing with, take from the shop, demo days, go to shops and hit on the launch monitor, and buy stuff that I think that I'd like and try it to see if it makes the starting lineup...even though I try alot of stuff, hardly anything breaks through to the starting lineup, but I have fun doing it...

Appreciate the tip on "threadjacking" but I thought my question fit with this thread, just took it a bit further and alot of people , including you have answered already.

So if I am reading your answer, you buy alot of stuff but it is never good enough to "crack the lineup" so then why but the stuff?

Appreciate the tip on "threadjacking" but I thought my question fit with this thread, just took it a bit further and alot of people , including you have answered already.

WR,
If it was bad, we would have moved it. No worries, I thought it fit this thread as well.

WR,
If it was bad, we would have moved it. No worries, I thought it fit this thread as well.

JB
You should know me by now.. I was never worried. I left it here cause I also thought it fit. :D

Back