Niblick Unboxing & Thread

Still love the 42, but the 56 just blew my mind.

Hearing so many great things about the 56 really makes me wonder wheter I am still going for the 49! Perhaps both, and my wife and I can take turns carrying each one. Sounds like the plan.

That's good news Shorty, but I've put myself on a spending freeze until after the new year, lol. I can't buy anything for another 4 day's. My 42 set me up for this, I'll just blame it on him.

"I'm 5'6" and crush my drives 235" ... Now that cracks me up, I'm right there with ya!

The 56 is the outstanding out of the the sand. I had some issues at first getting the seing down correctly but I think I was just making it more complicated than it should have been. This one works nicely around the greens and just about anywhere else.

I am very impressed with the Niblicks and the CG15 wedges...Cleveland really has their stuff on the ball (pun intended)

Niblick is the ticket

Niblick is the ticket

I have the 42 but I am sure thinking hard about the 56 :eek:)... I have been asked out to play with three single digit players on a little outing tomorrow. Last week one of them who had seen some pretty nifty little approaches by a lowly 12 handicapper has become interested. He asked if he could hit this strange new weapon a couple of times. I like the look on their faces when this puppy checks up on those little knock down shots. The 42 Niblick has been fun after the learning curve. From what I have heard about the 56, it could be a winner too!

I think you should def give the 56 a try. It really checks up nicely.

I have both, get the 56*. Around the green it is the best club I have found.

walked in and swung it like I normally would and it just floated out. High and soft.
Curious...I just picked up a 56*, but haven't taken it out to the course. What is your "normal" swing technique here?

(Just trying to wrap my mind around a greenside sand shot with a non-conventional looking sand club.)

what the heck are those things!?

what the heck are those things!?

Hahaha...that's what I'm talking about...

...I must be missing something, but how does a 56* niblick check up better than a 56* wedge? Ease of hitting in spite of the limited use nature of the club I can understand...but to comment on a 56* anything checking up seems redundant...

Reactions: JB
Lower CG weighting helps many players and promotes higher ball flight and short and partial swings. Because of that the spin is outstanding still with the Zip Grooves and the softer landing makes it appear to stop dead and produce crazy back spin.

And I will say again, you are wrong about the limited nature of the club. Just because a club face cannot be opened conventionally does not mean a club is limited. Perhaps trying a club before condemning it would help.

I agree with everybody else here. I find this to be the most versatile club I have ever played. I never thought as a low handicapper that I would want to play some type of club like this but it does everything my 56 did before this and a whole lot easier. Especially out of trouble spots.

You got me

You got me

Darn it, I am going to order one of these now to go with my 42. You don't have to make me a believer. I just wish it was in my bag today for my match with the big boys. Oh well, I need some bonding time with it anyway before putting it under fire.

I'm considering getting a Niblick but I'm not sure which loft I should look at (49 or 56). I have a 56 SW that could be replaced but I'd also like to fill the gap between my 45 PW and my 53 GW at some point. Should I get the 49 Niblick or get the 56 Niblick and look at a 50 wedge instead for filling the PW-GW gap? My gut says to grab the 49 Niblick that would fill the gap and become my main chipper since I already have a SW. Anyone have some thoughts?

I'm considering getting a Niblick but I'm not sure which loft I should look at (49 or 56). I have a 56 SW that could be replaced but I'd also like to fill the gap between my 45 PW and my 53 GW at some point. Should I get the 49 Niblick or get the 56 Niblick and look at a 50 wedge instead for filling the PW-GW gap? My gut says to grab the 49 Niblick that would fill the gap and become my main chipper since I already have a SW. Anyone have some thoughts?

Being that the Niblick is shorter in length, I think the 49* on full swings comes closer to replacing a 52* than that of a 50. The 56* is my favorite of the Niblicks, because I find it is the most versatile for my game.

Just ordered the weapon :eek:)

Just ordered the weapon :eek:)

For all of you who have not tried the Celevand Niblick I feel sorry for ya. It took me some practice and trust but the 42 degree has really saved some strokes after we became buddies. I figured after the reviews on the 56, I had to try one. I sent in the order today. I spent several hours last year working on my short game and it paid off. I love my 58 degree UFI Cobra wedge but it works best for me off tight firm lies where I can spin it good. You would think most folks don't like them tie hard lies but I love em.... You can nip it in the bud and that dawg will bark :eek:) You don't get much of the tie firm lies this time of year in Georgia, rain, mud, etc. Ok so Cleveland 56 Niblick coming up for another review soon :eek:)

You will love the 56! I am stronly considering the 49 to go with my 42 and 56. Anyone playing the 49 on a regular basis?

Waiting for this one too

Waiting for this one too

You will love the 56! I am stronly considering the 49 to go with my 42 and 56. Anyone playing the 49 on a regular basis?

I have a 46* PW and currently have a 50/56/60 wedge progression.

I have a new 56 SW on order, so I really am thinking that the 49 Niblick simply is a no-brainer for replacing my 5 year old 50 (that I only use for full shots in between PW and SW distances).

I just paged through this topic and very little love for the 49, so I will be very interested in any replies to your question Keith.

That is why I asked tmoney. I know the 56 was the most anticipated Niblick and has received the most attention. It certainly works great and I love mine. It is the 49 that has me puzzled. I guess I need to just go try it out and see if its for me.

I have a new 56 SW on order, so I really am thinking that the 49 Niblick simply is a no-brainer for replacing my 5 year old 50 (that I only use for full shots in between PW and SW distances).

I just paged through this topic and very little love for the 49, so I will be very interested in any replies to your question Keith.

That is why I asked tmoney. I know the 56 was the most anticipated Niblick and has received the most attention. It certainly works great and I love mine. It is the 49 that has me puzzled. I guess I need to just go try it out and see if its for me.

The 49° is the one I am thinking about too. If I like it the plan would be to replace my 50° PW.

I was in the PGA SS yesterday and noticed something interesting in the pre-owned club section. Several people had recently traded in their 42* Niblicks. I counted three in the section which cause me to wonder if other were ahving problems with the 42 or perhaps they just traded them in for the 56 when it came out a little while ago. I just found that interesting. They had some great deals on the use 42's...$89 with an additional 20% off.

I love my 42* and I am getting used to the 56* I am not certain I would have a reason to use the 49*. I think alot of people here use them in the same fashion (42 & 56) or just one by itself.

Back