DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is like that count me out. Cold I can do, but cold and raining I can't. Don't have any of my rain gear up here. Its all back home. Plus road conditions will be a big part if I go or not as well.

Don't know what weather service you are using but weather channel says light freezing rain with a high of 36 and a low of 29.

Hmmm I dont look so crazy now.

a267744a5d48ecf5f5f2f6b5e6a9dd93.jpg

Most of us do not have your outerwear to play in cold wet weather

Nope, just look like a pansy that can't handle a little weather.

I live in TX for a reason, we arent supoosed to get cold weather

I've seen more snow & ice since I moved to Texas than in my entire life.

Well then send it back where you came from lol. Our weather the last 3-5 years has been so out of character.

Just keep me posted cookie! For the most part I am still in. Its the road conditions and rain that I'm a little worried about.

Just keep me posted cookie! For the most part I am still in. Its the road conditions and rain that I'm a little worried about.

As much as I hate to say, it doesn't look very good. If it's just cold I will be okay, if were dealing with sleet and rain that's another story. Let's see how it looks tomorrow evening and make a call then.

OK time to start thinking about the road trip before us coming in March to Lake Charles. Who is all going to be onboard?

images

Without a doubt!

OK time to start thinking about the road trip before us coming in March to Lake Charles. Who is all going to be onboard?

images

I am definitely in! Looking forward to it gents!

4 months until Lake Charles, not too far away!!

Well then send it back where you came from lol. Our weather the last 3-5 years has been so out of character.

We didn't have this crap where I came from either. I moved out here & had to buy a winter jacket.

What's up fellas. niteowl clued me into this thread. Looking forward to playing with the group sometime. I'll usually play in any weather, but this freezing, windy, cold stuff sucks.

BTW, I recently moved to the DFW area from Lake Charles. Is that trip booked up or is there room for more?

What's up fellas. niteowl clued me into this thread. Looking forward to playing with the group sometime. I'll usually play in any weather, but this freezing, windy, cold stuff sucks.

BTW, I recently moved to the DFW area from Lake Charles. Is that trip booked up or is there room for more?

Signups havent started yet but I figure there will be at least 10 of us heading down there. You should join us it will be a blast!

Signups havent started yet but I figure there will be at least 10 of us heading down there. You should join us it will be a blast!

Just sent you a PM asking more about it. But, yeh I'd love to go. Going to put in for the time off on Monday.

Welcome to the thread shakey. I see you live in Weatherford. I do too. Whenever you want to get around in, let me know.

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread shakey. I see you live in Weatherford. I do to. Whenever you want to get around in, let me know.

Sounds good. I've played a lot of the courses around here since I got here in August, but it would be nice to play with someone with local knowledge.

Places I've played...

- Canyon West: Love the elevation changes. Definitley did not get the in Lake Charles.
- Sugartree: Tight little shot makers course that has eaten my lunch with the blind tee shots both times I played there.
- The course that used to be Crown Valley: Forgot what they changed the name to. For $20 cart included its not a bad deal. No amenities, but the greens are in great shape.
- Split Rail: Met one of the owners when I was in interviewing. Its a nice course that keeps getting better everytime I play it.
- Squaw Creek: It was OK, but I'm not a fan of soft, slow greens
- Cleburne Golf Links: Really enjoyed myself there & if you have all day to play the $8 replay can't be beat
- Squaw Valley in Glenrose: I think we played the Commanche Links, but no positive. Played it as part of a scramble. It was maintained well & had some nice holes.
- Benbrook Par 3: I wasn't expecting much, & got less than I was expecting. The lady who owns it was nice, but the heathens "golfing" were horrible.
- Cross Timbers in Azle: I really enjoyed myself on this course. Nothing fancy, but a lot of diverse holes.

I'll probably be looking to play next Sat. or Sun. It depends on when we get back from Colorado.

Sounds good. I've played a lot of the courses around here since I got here in August, but it would be nice to play with someone with local knowledge.

Places I've played...

- Canyon West: Love the elevation changes. Definitley did not get the in Lake Charles.
- Sugartree: Tight little shot makers course that has eaten my lunch with the blind tee shots both times I played there.
- The course that used to be Crown Valley: Forgot what they changed the name to. For $20 cart included its not a bad deal. No amenities, but the greens are in great shape.
- Split Rail: Met one of the owners when I was in interviewing. Its a nice course that keeps getting better everytime I play it.
- Squaw Creek: It was OK, but I'm not a fan of soft, slow greens
- Cleburne Golf Links: Really enjoyed myself there & if you have all day to play the $8 replay can't be beat
- Squaw Valley in Glenrose: I think we played the Commanche Links, but no positive. Played it as part of a scramble. It was maintained well & had some nice holes.
- Benbrook Par 3: I wasn't expecting much, & got less than I was expecting. The lady who owns it was nice, but the heathens "golfing" were horrible.
- Cross Timbers in Azle: I really enjoyed myself on this course. Nothing fancy, but a lot of diverse holes.

I'll probably be looking to play next Sat. or Sun. It depends on when we get back from Colorado.

Looking forward to meeting you. I will be out of town that weekend, but will be looking to play the weekend after thanksgiving.

Welcome to the area. A bunch of great guys around here.

As much as I hate to say, it doesn't look very good. If it's just cold I will be okay, if were dealing with sleet and rain that's another story. Let's see how it looks tomorrow evening and make a call then.

I just checked the weather. Looks like there will be sleet starting at 7am. Not getting out of bed for that. I will be the first to say it, I'm not going to play tomorrow. It pains me to say that, but I'm not getting up for that. I will be sleeping in and having a nice breakfast with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back