Any GigaGolf Fans?

My experience with Giga Golf was fairly positive. They have enthusiastic and helpful customer service, and I think it's great that you can get custom-ordered clubs inexpensively. I think it's a bit silly that they try to make some of their clubs look so much like major OEM models - Giga Golf could get by just fine without such tactics, IMO. But that is a discussion for another thread.

The only other downside is that I think the clubs may have a durability issue. I've played about twice as many rounds with my my Adams A7OS irons as I did with my PowerMax G922 irons, and I'm just now starting to see the same amount of wear on the club faces. Also, the ferrules on the GX922's never did stay put (they slide up and down the shaft at will it seems).

The weight inserts for the TRX irons were somewhat difficult to remove and re-insert, so much so that I think a piece of the plastic mounts broke off the one time I changed the weights around. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I may well have forced a couple too many turns of the screw.

Those issues aside, I think the performance was more than satisfactory. The TRX driver was more slicey for me than my current Diablo Octane, despite a shorter shaft, but I was able to mitigate that almost completely by changing the weights. The GX922 short irons were pretty good for me...I'm not 100% convinced that the A7OS irons I have now are that much better (other than being more durable). The A7OS hybirds are my favorite clubs ever, but I did not use any Giga Golf hybrids, so I cannot compare.

Has anybody experience with the following two iron sets from GigaGolf?
- Verve irons
- TRX v.11 irons
How do they compare to the PowerMax GX922 Irons?

As I learned, the PowerMax Gx922 are the most popular irons at GigaGolf but from 2009 while the Verve and TRX are from a newer generation. Does anybody know which clubs the two sets resemble (like the Gx922 resemble the Callaway X-20/22) if they do at all?

- Verve irons
- TRX v.11 irons
How do they compare to the PowerMax GX922 Irons?

As I learned, the PowerMax Gx922 are the most popular irons at GigaGolf but from 2009 while the Verve and TRX are from a newer generation. Does anybody know which clubs the two sets resemble (like the Gx922 resemble the Callaway X-20/22) if they do at all?

Here is my take after looking at their pics online and on Facebook (check out their facebook page as they post club pics that are not on their website):
Verve - Ping G15
TRX v11 irons - Taylormade Burner 1.0
MPX - looks to me like the Cobra Amps
Z4 Ozzy - Callaway X24 (??)
Reva Hybrid set - I think this is more of their proprietary design.
C9 Ti - Ping Rapture
P3 - Ping G5 or G10

I have the TRX v11 Sand wedge. While I don't game it I actually take practice swings with it every night. Has good weight for a SW
Also have the Reva 4 hybrid. For a while it was my go to club for punch-outs, Par 5 2nd shots and longer par 3's. I took it out of the bag because my new set of Mizuno irons came with a 4hybrid that goes the same distance.

One thing I noticed that Giga does is they tend to use more traditional club lengths vs the inflated lengths of today. For the amateur golfer I think this is a good thing. For instance I have trouble hitting todays 43"+ 3 woods so I am thinking about ordering their c9 3w which is 43" and then having them shorten it to 42.25"

After some communication with gigagolf I am ready to order the following clubs:

Verve 17 Ti Driver 10.5

Verve 17 Fairway Wood 3
Verve Hybrid 3
Verve Hybrid 4
Verve Hybrid 5
PowerMax GX922 Irons - 5 thru PW
S2 Satin Shell (Black Matte is out of stock) - Gap Wedge 52
S2 Black Matte - Sand Wedge 56
S2 Black Matte - Lob Wedge 60

Putter Center Cut Classic SP9

However, I am still not hundred percent sure with my shaft selection for the irons.

True Temper - Feather Flight (R-Flex)
or
UST - HDX 80 Graphite (R-Flex)
or
UST - HDX 80 Graphite (S-Flex)
???

As recommendet I chose:
Driver + fairway wood ===> Grafalloy - Prolaunch Blue 65 (R-Flex)
Hybrids ===> UST - HDX 80 Graphite (R-Flex)
Wedges​ ===> True Temper - Feather Flight (R-Flex)

Currently I have a couple of single clubs with different shafts but cannot clearly decide which shaft I like better.

Can you give some recommandations specific for the shafts offered by gigagolf?
With which choice can I go more/less wrong?

Sorry to drub up an old thread. I'm wondering what your experiences are with the clubs you ordered?

Long time Gigagolf users?

Long time Gigagolf users?

Hello Everyone,

So I've been into golf for about a year now. When I started, my first set was a hand me down Jack Nichlaus boxed set. With some serious driving range time and a series of lessons I picked up the game rather quickly. Within a matter of 3 months, I was itching for a set of my own. There was something about having a brand new set that just called to me... so after a ton of online research I wanted the TM Burners but couldn't afford them brand new. I eventually ran into gigagolf and purchased their TRX v11 irons. With their 30 day play guarantee I felt I had nothing to lose. After I made the switch, my game started improving. I went from the 120's, to low 100's, and now I'm in the 90's with my best round ever being a 91. I'll still score in the low 100's on those days I just can't get it together.

Anyway, I'm getting that itch again for new equipment (am I crazy or what!?) lol!! For those who play gigagolf clubs or played gigagolf clubs I have a few questions:
1) If you still use them, why'd you stay?
2) If you've moved onward, what convinced you to do so?

Anyway, my game and swing have definitely changed in the short time I've been playing. At first I was all about striking the ball hard to get the max distance. Now my focus is all about tempo and flush strikes. I don't know if my irons are for me anymore...

Thoughts?

I have considered dropping by their showroom, as it's not far from my office. I thought about picking up some cheap blades to experiment with, though I am more than happy with my gamers.

I bought a set of the MPX irons. They were a little heavy for my liking and I went and got a set of AMPs as a replacement. They are decent irons

I bought a set of the MPX irons. They were a little heavy for my liking and I went and got a set of AMPs as a replacement. They are decent irons

How long did you use the MPX's until you decided on the AMP's?

7 months around 50 rounds and countless range session.

I still have a giga golf 3 wood.. I'm not a fan of it at all. The shaft feels like a rubber band.

My wife loves her GigaGolf driver and fairway woods. Mostly the driver. TRX Ti.

I still have a giga golf 3 wood.. I'm not a fan of it at all. The shaft feels like a rubber band.

What type of shaft did you get with it? I got the GXz driver with a Grafalloy Blue ProLaunch (free upgrade) shaft and I actually like my driver. I'm averaging about 250yrds off the tee with a nice and easy swing. But after 6 months of owning their Trx v11 irons I'm on the fence. If they're supposed to be somewhat comparable to the TM Burner 1.0's... that's 4yr old tech. I'm wondering what I'm missing on.

- Verve irons
- TRX v.11 irons

I have a set of TRX v.11 irons I bought from the certified pre-owned section of Gigagolf's site. I can say it's the best thing I ever did for my game. I also have a 62 degree wedge that hits great for me. (hit a 110yd attack shot into the cup my 1st round of the season with this wedge) I just ordered another 52 degree wedge and a 3 Hybrid from them. If they ever make a driving iron like the Mizuno MP H4 I'll be getting that too. So to sum it up... I like them.

Power slot trx irons

Power slot trx irons

Wow. I recently purchased a set of giga golfs trx power slot irons 5-sw, 3 and 4 hybrids with +1" long +2* lie with true temper x100's and these are the easiest clubs I've ever used. Insane distances, and accuracy were crazy straight or slight fade( I'm right handed and ball goes to slight left) even when I hit it off the toe loss very little distance and still relatively straight

My wife is still using her driver, 3 wood and 7 wood from giga golf.I think they are the trx. The driver is a fairway finder for her.

I dont think it was at all.

Anyways they are really great clubs, I'm very impressed with them especially with the shafts and lamkin grips.

These are my wife's giga golf woods. She'll have had them for five years this Christmas. Only one she doesn't use is the five wood. She is using a Nickent 3DX for that club.

jacclubs.jpg

Sorry I was having a bad when I responded, i shouldn't have jumped to that, anyways glad to hear she likes them as well, so far I'm still impressed with them.

If you are looking at buying their clubs I would strongly urge you to spend 5 minutes to read the entire review.

Unlike most people who have left reviews I actually went to a professional club fitter that has a Trackman radar system. The Trackman is a $20,000 dual radar system that is used by almost all PGA tour pros. It tracks every possible aspect of your swing from the plane, angle of attack, ball speed, spin, club head speed, ect... Here are the actual results which you can view at the link below.

All shots were done with a 7 iron. I tested the Mizuno JPX, Ping le1, Nike Vapor, Callaway XR, and Cobra Fly Z. If you would just like a summary you can proceed to the 2 points below.

https://trackmanfilesus.blob.core.w...erling Suhr 2015-07-25 Multi Group Report.pdf

1.) Ball Speed - On average the Gigajunk had a 9% low ball speed. Why is this so important you might ask...keep reading.

2.) Carry Distance - On average with the name brand clubs I had an average carry of 167 yards with the 7 irons. With the Gigajunk irons I had an average carry of ONLY 146 yards! That is a 21 yards less carry with a 7 iron! Ask yourself this...would you rather take a 7 iron into the green or a 5 iron? I think you get the point.

The next point is for all of those who think they will just try the clubs and then send them back under the "30 Day Play Guarantee". I got the "return merchandise" email from Gigagolf on July 31st of 2015. I then sent the clubs back which they confirmed they received them via email and via audio recording, of which I have both.

After a month had passed I emailed them to say I did not get the refund. They said they would send it out right away. I never received it so I emailed them 2 months later. They have continued to say they would send it but never have. It has now been 7 months and still no refund.

I have tried 2 sets of their clubs on the Trackman and both sets of clubs performed just as poorly. ALL of their clubs are terrible and I would highly recommend avoiding them. For only $100 more you can get a name brand set that will blow them away.

For Gigagolf....you can send the refund or I can continue to post these reviews on every possible location I can find. I could really care less about the money but I do care about companies ripping off consumers. While $300 doesn't really mean anything to me, I don't want to see you screw someone who can't afford to lose it on an inferior product.

That's a bummer about the refund.

I've only purchased one club (6 iron) from Giga called the Reva. It's an all hybrid set and at the time I needed something to bridge my 5h with my 7i.

This club worked surprisingly well. I had it built with their proprietary True Temper feather flight steel shaft. Very fun club to hit and saved me a lot of times as I was able to get back over trees into the fw.

Only reason I quit bagging it was because I bought the 588 Atitudes and it had a 6i that gapped well with my Hybrids.

But for the $25 or so it was a very well built club that performed good.

Interesting...

Interesting...

If you are looking at buying their clubs I would strongly urge you to spend 5 minutes to read the entire review.

Unlike most people who have left reviews I actually went to a professional club fitter that has a Trackman radar system. The Trackman is a $20,000 dual radar system that is used by almost all PGA tour pros. It tracks every possible aspect of your swing from the plane, angle of attack, ball speed, spin, club head speed, ect... Here are the actual results which you can view at the link below.

All shots were done with a 7 iron. I tested the Mizuno JPX, Ping le1, Nike Vapor, Callaway XR, and Cobra Fly Z. If you would just like a summary you can proceed to the 2 points below.

https://trackmanfilesus.blob.core.w...erling Suhr 2015-07-25 Multi Group Report.pdf

1.) Ball Speed - On average the Gigajunk had a 9% low ball speed. Why is this so important you might ask...keep reading.

2.) Carry Distance - On average with the name brand clubs I had an average carry of 167 yards with the 7 irons. With the Gigajunk irons I had an average carry of ONLY 146 yards! That is a 21 yards less carry with a 7 iron! Ask yourself this...would you rather take a 7 iron into the green or a 5 iron? I think you get the point.

The next point is for all of those who think they will just try the clubs and then send them back under the "30 Day Play Guarantee". I got the "return merchandise" email from Gigagolf on July 31st of 2015. I then sent the clubs back which they confirmed they received them via email and via audio recording, of which I have both.

After a month had passed I emailed them to say I did not get the refund. They said they would send it out right away. I never received it so I emailed them 2 months later. They have continued to say they would send it but never have. It has now been 7 months and still no refund.

I have tried 2 sets of their clubs on the Trackman and both sets of clubs performed just as poorly. ALL of their clubs are terrible and I would highly recommend avoiding them. For only $100 more you can get a name brand set that will blow them away.

For Gigagolf....you can send the refund or I can continue to post these reviews on every possible location I can find. I could really care less about the money but I do care about companies ripping off consumers. While $300 doesn't really mean anything to me, I don't want to see you screw someone who can't afford to lose it on an inferior product.

These are interesting results, but the data does not represent a defect in the club. Your swing attack angle is a full 1.5 degrees more negative with the Giga club. That is the only reason why you are seeing less distance with that club. It’s also the reason why your ball is spinning at over 9000 rpms while the others are spinning far less.

My gut tells me that either the shaft you used with the Giga club is the incorrect flex, or the shaft length and lie angles are not suited for your swing. I’ve purchased Giga clubs and have found no discernible difference in distance with clubs that have the same degree loft angles.

Back