Another peeve…Why are you standing on my line when I’m teeing off!?!?!

This kind of thing doesn't bother me at all. A group I play with will harass you on the tee so I talk during my swing to show them it doesn't matter.I do have have some buddies who blame every bad shot on something other than theirself and they tend to p*** me off more than the hecklers.

This kind of thing doesn't bother me at all. A group I play with will harass you on the tee so I talk during my swing to show them it doesn't matter.I do have have some buddies who blame every bad shot on something other than theirself and they tend to p*** me off more than the hecklers.

Well Jeff, if you hadn't been moving around on the other side of the fairway looking for the other guy in your carts ball, it wouldn't have distracted me when I was in the woods messing up a hero shot when I should have just pitched it back to the fairway. Oh, and the fact that I couldn't actually see you? I could feel that you were moving around! :D

That goes for MO too! hehehe

Well Jeff, if you hadn't been moving around on the other side of the fairway looking for the other guy in your carts ball, it wouldn't have distracted me when I was in the woods messing up a hero shot when I should have just pitched it back to the fairway. Oh, and the fact that I couldn't actually see you? I could feel that you were moving around! :D

That goes for MO too! hehehe

that wasn't me......and you don't fit into the ones that p*** me off.But the ladies tees..c'mon

If you ever get a chance to play with Smalls or Mo take it...it will be an enjoyable round

I don't mind people standing around as long as they are not moving. What drives me crazy is when the ranger zips by with a cart down the cart path as if I'm not even there! Makes me want to change my target if you know what I mean.

I don't mind people standing around as long as they are not moving. What drives me crazy is when the ranger zips by with a cart down the cart path as if I'm not even there! Makes me want to change my target if you know what I mean.

The ranger would be safer if I did change my target :banghead:

My buddy and I will "spot" eachothers balls from behind the tee box. Every so often (or more often than not) a ball will ignore our pleas and head to the desert scrub. If you dont see where it entered, kiss it goodbye! As long as he's not moving or heckling, I promise not to hit him... :deadhorse:

If there is a conversation happening between players that started before your swing did then that should just be considered back ground noise and you should be able to swing. I think more golfers should try and play with noise and movement happening around them. You will be surprised how easy it is to block it out and not use it as a crutch to blame others for your errors. I guy that I used to play a lot of rounds with years ago used to say that it is better when people are talking and moving around because that means they are not watching you swing and therefore the pressure is off and you can just swing away without a care but your own.

I can`t agree with this.It`s just bad etiquette to be chatting within hearing range of a fellow playing partner while he is playing his shot,whether the conversation started before his swing or not.They should have the good grace to watch you play your shot in silence and then carry on their chat afterwards.Please let golf continue to be a courteous game.

I can`t agree with this.It`s just bad etiquette to be chatting within hearing range of a fellow playing partner while he is playing his shot,whether the conversation started before his swing or not.They should have the good grace to watch you play your shot in silence and then carry on their chat afterwards.Please let golf continue to be a courteous game.

I think all he meant was people are too quick to put the blame on anyone but themselves.

Sometimes people accidentally talk while other people are swinging. It happens. Even people who might swear they have never done it, have done it. I don't think most golfers talk while other people are hitting all the time, just in a head up my butt moment, sorry, kind of way.

Last edited:
Re: Another peeve…Why are you standing on my line when I’m teeing off!?!?!

Re: Another peeve…Why are you standing on my line when I’m teeing off!?!?!

I played with a buddy who was so quick on the draw that you would look up and he had already hit. Good thing people talking didn't bother him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all he meant was people are too quick to put the blame on anyone but themselves.

Sometimes people accidentally talk while other people are swinging. It happens. Even people who might swear they have never done it, have done it. I don't think most golfers talk while other people are hitting all the time, just in a head up my butt moment, sorry, kind of way.

Some people can get pretty anal about this and "etiquette and courtesy" are always mentioned whether the breach was innocent or not.Gives some an excuse for poor play.So be courteous and see what else they blame.It's usually something or someone cause it surely can't be that they aren't as good as they think.

This year in Vegas you couldn't have your cell phones either. They used the wand when entering and made you check them out the gate.

Some people can get pretty anal about this and "etiquette and courtesy" are always mentioned whether the breach was innocent or not.Gives some an excuse for poor play.So be courteous and see what else they blame.It's usually something or someone cause it surely can't be that they aren't as good as they think.

Right you are on that Jeff.

As long as they aren't crowding me, talking loudly or moving around I am ok. It has taken some time though becuase it used to bother the heck out of me

They can talk away and it won't bother me a bit, but some people are bothered by it so the best thing is to keep quiet and don't move around a bunch. I had a guy get pissed the other day playing pool. He did a great job running the table and lost his nerve on the eight ball, missed a straight open shot. Blamed it on the noise and people moving around, lol. We were in a busy, crowded bar! He was really mad when I ran my balls out plus the eight, hehe.

I guess it helps if you have someone else to blame things on sometimes.

And mow the lawn, shovel the driveway and do the dishes.

Did I miss anything?
You can send them over to my house for the driveway detail.

That's their story for sure..at least it is when they reach their teens :banghead:

I've been telling mine that all along, so it won't come as a surprise.

Back