Google Chrome browser....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! The link is broken!

Okay, got the beta version that supports extensions up and running and added adblocker and zoom extensions.

Doesn't seem that much faster though.

I have tried them all including chrome but I prefer Opera and use it most of the time.

Okay, got the beta version that supports extensions up and running and added adblocker and zoom extensions.

Doesn't seem that much faster though.

It seems faster to me, Im using it now here at work. Maybe the adblocker slows it down.

My wife uses Chrome, but I stick with IE because my company's applications work better on IE. Since I have an iPhone, Apple keeps bugging me to download Safari but I have heard too many bad things about it to be interested. My wife likes Chrome and I may download it at some point just to try out.

I wont switch to it full time till they add more functionality to it. Theres just too much missing that I enjoy in Firefox.

I noticed last night while using Chrome that it doesn't allow for WYSIWYG functionality in compossing posts.

At first I thought the "Editor Mode" was switched to BBCode (or whatever), but then I saw there was no
"Switch Mode" button -->
switchmode.gif
in the righthand corner.

However, Chrome allows you to drag the lower righthand corner of the composition field to make it larger, and Firefox does not.

I've been using Firefox lately.

Firefox is where it's at. I'm using the work computer that only has IE. The wifi for my personal computer hasn't been the best and I wanted to keep up with the banter and contestant selections. So much for that idea.

Firefox is where it's at. I'm using the work computer that only has IE. The wifi for my personal computer hasn't been the best and I wanted to keep up with the banter and contestant selections. So much for that idea.

Google Chrome is the real shiznit

Google Chrome is the real shiznit

I thought it was too for a long time, CCR, but I had some issues that I didn't have when I tried out Firefox (I used it a long time ago, but haven't used it much in the past couple of years).

I thought it was too for a long time, CCR, but I had some issues that I didn't have when I tried out Firefox (I used it a long time ago, but haven't used it much in the past couple of years).

I like the fact that Chrome is stripped down. FF is good too. Anything is better than IE.

Merged some posts from an unrelated thread into this one.

I like the fact that Chrome is stripped down. FF is good too. Anything is better than IE.

I agree with that! I still use chrome for some things, but most of my browsing is done with Firefox anymore. IE is used rarely.

well i have been using chrome exclusively for quite awhile. I understand alot of people say FF has more features but I have zero issues with chrome. to be honest...Im not even sure what FF offers over chrome. I use my web browser to browse the web. enlighten me on what I may be missing...

Same. Chrome is so plain and clean. and remembers everythin. The incognito window is cool too

Firefox is like a huge off-road truck. If you know what you are doing- it can get you anywhere and has PLENTY of features... BUT 99% of people that own one never use it that way.
Chrome is more like a civic. It doesn't have a ton of features, but it is much smaller, more efficient, and is more than adequate for 90% of the people in this world.

well i have been using chrome exclusively for quite awhile. I understand alot of people say FF has more features but I have zero issues with chrome. to be honest...Im not even sure what FF offers over chrome. I use my web browser to browse the web. enlighten me on what I may be missing...

I cant watch PGA Tour live on google chrome. For that, i need to use ie.
really? I have watched it on chrome...

Same. Chrome is so plain and clean. and remembers everythin. The incognito window is cool too
icognito window rules. for when you need to be...um...icognito

Anyone have google voice yet? So far it is awesome.

My friend out in LA is using it and he's loving it. I might give it a spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back