I keep mine downstairs in the media room. Drives the wife crazy.

During the season I store my clubs in the garage, in the off season the clubs are in my office. I never leave the clubs in my truck. The only extremes my clubs suffer are the extremes I put them through. :)

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. I take my clubs to work in hopes of getting to the driving range over lunch, however, in the desert heat, the car can get well above 120-130*F.

Any others with thoughts on this? Perhaps headcovers deteriorating? Maybe I'll get a few more yards with my superheated balls though!

I heard that extreme heat could ruin the glue underneath the grips. Don't remember where I heard that nor if it was a reliable source... :foot-in-mouth:

One thing that could possibly be hurt by extremely cold temps is graphite shafts. But they won't be hurt unless you were to take them directly from a freezing cold car & start hitting balls on a range.

Another is golfballs. Temp extremes can damage the rubber core and they just wont have the same performance that they should.

I keep mine stored right next to my work shop bench. That way I have them right there to clean up and put another coat of Liquid Glass on before the next round.

Sometimes they'll sit in the garage, and in the high desert I'm not too worried about humidity. However, since I use mine almost daily, they pretty much stay in the trunk. Plus, if they're in the trunk of my getaway car, my wife would have to find something else to smash in my back window... :D

Easy Tiger!!! :D

In the spare room upstairs in my house where my bowilng balls are those clubs dont see the inside of a garage or a basement.

Mine are in the front foyer behind the coat rack right now. During the playing months they stay in my truck. They come out in the winter to make room for my hunting gear.

:laughing: haa haa Now I'm all confused, he has one or the other haa haa haa, wait!! Maybe just the TaylorMade Burner, where the R9 came from :confused2: I have no idea :D Sounds better to put R9 Burner haa haa haa

Just take a photo of his bag and post it. We'll help you identify everything . . . and let you know how much he spent on himself.

Do they look like one of these:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Where do you store your bags when not in use? Are they ok in really cold/hot weather? We have 2 bags each and we each have a cart and they're overtaking our back room (along with my 4 pairs of shoes and other golf stuff) but we don't really have room in the garage to put these. At our local golf store, I've seen metal stands where you can keep your bags, shoes, etc in them and keeps them organized and everything.

My clubs live in my trunk year round. The only time I take them out is when I need the room to carry something else. My car lives in the garage now, although for several years it was parked on the street, and that didn't seem to do any harm to the clubs.

I keep mine in the spare bedroom of my house. Its not good to allow your golf equipment to be exposed to lots of moisture and temperature extremes.

This seems to be a popular myth, but it is a myth. Here in Colorado the temps can go from the mid 100's in the summer, to well below zero in the winter (-17 so far this year). In 35 years I have never had a problem, not with the adhesive for the grips, nor for the epoxy for the clubhead. The grips do not deteriorate, the balls are not harmed. I don't know where this notion comes from, but it's not based in fact. :confused2:

I agree with you 4P. I have kept the set I am using in my truck box or in the back seat or in the trunk of my car for the last 10 years. Never had a problem at all. My spare sets are in my garage where they are exposed to the elements without effect. Last two years I have lived in the low humidity desert, but before that I lived in Arkansas which had really high humidity.

X18s? Does that sound about right?? They have an X on them but I don't remember exactly what model number they are...

Just take a photo of his bag and post it. We'll help you identify everything . . . and let you know how much he spent on himself.

I keep everything in my bedroom. I like waking up in the morning and seeing my clubs at the foot of my bed. Luckily however I live alone and my gf rarely stays over at my place. When at her place however since I always travel with clubs just in case they sit right inside of her front door. I just buy her a dozen pink balls from time to time and that keeps her happy.

My only complaint about my house is that I live on a hill and the house is above the garage. So I have to hoof my clubs up and down some rather steep steps to get them in and out of my house. Good practice though for walking the course.

While I wouldn't mind keeping them in my garage since as like you I live in southern california. When does it ever really get extremely cold or hot?

I keep everything in my bedroom. I like waking up in the morning and seeing my clubs at the foot of my bed. Luckily however I live alone and my gf rarely stays over at my place. When at her place however since I always travel with clubs just in case they sit right inside of her front door. I just buy her a dozen pink balls from time to time and that keeps her happy.

My only complaint about my house is that I live on a hill and the house is above the garage. So I have to hoof my clubs up and down some rather steep steps to get them in and out of my house. Good practice though for walking the course.

While I wouldn't mind keeping them in my garage since as like you I live in southern california. When does it ever really get extremely cold or hot?

Well I live in the mountains, so it gets a little chilly at nights :)

You dont live in the Rockies!!!

hahahah I live at the beach so it gets chilly here too :)

I do know what you mean though.. I wont leave my clubs in the garage because there are spiders in there haha.

Back