Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Geoff Hurst, what are you doing????????

England arent gonna get throught the group stages.....

Unbelievable, France scrape through and they've got a ticket into the last 16!!!! I hate the French!!!!!

Pot 4 are the 8 unseeded European teams.

Group A: Croatia
Group B: Netherlands
Group C: Greece
Group D: England
Group E: France
Group F: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Group G: Portugal
Group H: Russia

Brazil vs Croatia will be the opening match in the 2014 World Cup. Spain vs Netherlands as the first game for both teams, rematch of the 2010 Final!!!

USA will be the underdog is every single match they play. Their order is Ghana, then Germany, then Portugal. They have to get a win against Ghana and some sort of result against Portugal to have a chance of making it out of their group. So pessimistic right now.

Group G = DEATH, DEATH EVERYWHERE.

Besides Spain, I think Netherlands will be alright.

Germany. Ghana, US and Portugal.

Waste of a tournament.

US Schedule:
The full schedule for the USA - USAvGHA, June 16, 6pm, Natal - USAvPOR, June 22, 3 pm, Manaus - USAvGER, June 26, 12 noon, Recife

The G in group G stands for GONE. Tough draw for the US. Feel bad for Costa Rica too. They have been right on the cusp of making it. Finally make it and get drawn with Italy, England, and Uruguay.

There's always 2018. I don't think US has the skill at the back to deal with Ronaldo, Die Mannschaft's first squad are playing incredible football right now at the club level, and Ghana might be one of the toughest sides in Africa. Yowch.

Then again, the faster you get out of Brazil, the less likely you are to be decapitated by street gangs. So there's that.

My immediate thought as well. Team that eliminated us in '10 + holy crap, Germany = pain

The weakness for the US team is the back 4. With Portugal, their strength is attacking with Ronaldo, couldn't be a worst matchup.

Imagine if FIFA did the NCAA basketball tournament selection. Duke/Kentucky first round matchup!

Can the US just bow out and let Wales take their place? Just so we can see Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey on a global stage

The weakness for the US team is the back 4. With Portugal, their strength is attacking with Ronaldo, couldn't be a worst matchup.

Didn't see Portugal until I had already made that post - I thought my heart had sunk as low as possible, then I saw that and it dropped straight through the basement...

We're so toast.

In other news, Brazil & Argentina couldn't have gotten easier draws if they picked out the groups themselves.

Imagine if FIFA did the NCAA basketball tournament selection. Duke/Kentucky first round matchup!

Can the US just bow out and let Wales take their place? Just so we can see Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey on a global stage

Get out of here with that garbage. ;-)

Am I the only one that kind of likes our draw?

Sure, Ghana has our number. But we have to beat them soon right? We have more talent than them. A better coach now. It's our time to avenge that game.

Portugal is a one man team. And that man is as hot as ever at the moment. But he always struggles in World Cups for whatever reason. Keep him silent and we have a good chance.

Germany. Klinsmann? He knows EVERY player on that team. He knows their tactics, their style of play, and they intend to exploit us. He will make us frustrate them and wear them down.

Guys, isn't this classic USA? When the odds are not in our favor, don't we always rise to the occasion? We got this guys. We can get out of this group.

In other news, Brazil & Argentina couldn't have gotten easier draws if they picked out the groups themselves.

No surprise. Sepp Blatter loves him some Messi

Ouch.. long way up from that group

Am I the only one that kind of likes our draw?

Sure, Ghana has our number. But we have to beat them soon right? We have more talent than them. A better coach now. It's our time to avenge that game.

Portugal is a one man team. And that man is as hot as ever at the moment. But he always struggles in World Cups for whatever reason. Keep him silent and we have a good chance.

Germany. Klinsmann? He knows EVERY player on that team. He knows their tactics, their style of play, and they intend to exploit us. He will make us frustrate them and wear them down.

Guys, isn't this classic USA? When the odds are not in our favor, don't we always rise to the occasion? We got this guys. We can get out of this group.

Last time the US was grouped with Germany, France '98 happened.

Time for a bit of fun then and decide who advances.
GROUP A
I see Brazil topping that one with Croatia finishing runners up.

GROUP B
Spain, Holland in that order.

GROUP C
hmmm, Columbia then I'm between Greece and Ivory Coast. Greece.

GROUP D
Italy to win, then........... I'm gonna go for England to scrape it, although that really could go any way with Uruguay. England draw their opener with Italy, then scrape a 1-0 against Uruguay, 2-0 against Costa Rica.

GROUP E
take your pick!!!!! Still smarting about France ending up there when 4 weeks ago didn't even look like they would be there! Now they are gonna win the group and take Ecuador with them!!!

GROUP F
Argentina then Nigeria.

GROUP G
Germany then Portugal. Sorry guys, but you got around 8 months to prepare for 3 straight loses.

GROUP H
Belgium to top, Russia in runners up.

Last time the US was grouped with Germany, France '98 happened.

And the '98 squad was crap. This squad? We have a shot.

Back