Movie Theatre Ticket Prices

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
With all the new movies that are out and plenty that I'd like to see in the theatres, how much do you pay for tickets?

For us, I still get away with the student price :clapp: My college ID that is :) But the student prices (which are valid after 4pm, after the matinees) are $9. Matinee prices which is like opening to 4pm is $8.50 and then general admission (after 4pm) is $14. How are the prices where you live?

I'm classified as an adult. The prices everywhere are $8.50. Every Tuesday a free popcorn and drink is included with that.

Regular prices are about $9 but my co. offers discounted tickets for $5 but the only exception is you have to wait to see a new release after it's been out for 2 weeks

I haven't been to a movie theater in probably 5 years. I know they were getting outrageous then.

I always find it funny how they talk about how such and such set the record for revenue in a week, or is the top grossing movie of all time! Of course, with what they charge nowadays. I want to know how many people went and how that stacks up to the all time bests.

I'm classified as an adult. The prices everywhere are $8.50. Every Tuesday a free popcorn and drink is included with that.

That's a great deal, free drink and popcorn!!

The BF likes to get the nachos with extra cheese, so that's an extra penny!!

I haven't been to a movie theater in probably 5 years. I know they were getting outrageous then.

I always find it funny how they talk about how such and such set the record for revenue in a week, or is the top grossing movie of all time! Of course, with what they charge nowadays. I want to know how many people went and how that stacks up to the all time bests.

I don't really go all the often, but nowadays, it seems like movies are coming out on video much sooner than before!

We've not been for a while, but $7 was the going rate last summer. Then another $9 for the two big cokes and large popcorn light on the butter please :D

When my wife and I went to see Avatar, tickets, a big bucket of buttered pop corn, and two sodas cost us $38.

Hopefully some day they will offer "dollar beer night". :banana:

Are tickets more expensive when its an Imax?

When my wife and I went to see Avatar, tickets, a big bucket of buttered pop corn, and two sodas cost us $38.

Hopefully some day they will offer "dollar beer night". :banana:

Wow, that sounds high. Liz and I with same comes to $23 and we get free refills.

There's a movie theater in Wichita we used to go to that actually had a phone and menu's. You could order a meal, drinks, candy, what ever you wanted, lol. Kind of pricy, but neat once in a while.

Are tickets more expensive when its an Imax?

They are $15 here in FL.

Regular theatre price is $10 and matinee is $8.

We buy our regal tickets at Costco 2 for $15 and that is good for a general movie admission. If we see an IMAX feature, we have to pay an extra $3 per ticket.

That saves us $9 on an IMAX film and $5 on a regular feature.

We also have use refillable drink cups we bought 5 years ago. $1 refills at any regal. I have not seen new cups in a couple of years or I would have upgraded. :D

There, I've given away all of my secrets.

When you travel, don't forget your refillable cup :D

They are $15 here in FL.

Regular theatre price is $10 and matinee is $8.

We buy our regal tickets at Costco 2 for $15 and that is good for a general movie admission. If we see an IMAX feature, we have to pay an extra $3 per ticket.

That saves us $9 on an IMAX film and $5 on a regular feature.

We also have use refillable drink cups we bought 5 years ago. $1 refills at any regal. I have not seen new cups in a couple of years or I would have upgraded. :D

There, I've given away all of my secrets.

When you travel, don't forget your refillable cup :D
I paid $5 for those cups and I bet they have saved me about $300 in beverage fees...worth their weight in gold when filled with a beverage I tell ya!

And the BIG purse, you can't forget that when you go to the movies, fill it up with your own food and sneak it in ;) Do places allow outside food?

I paid $5 for those cups and I bet they have saved me about $300 in beverage fees...worth their weight in gold when filled with a beverage I tell ya!

A great investment I'll say :good:

man i remember back in school when they had 1 buck tuesdays

The last movie we attended was the latest Harry Potter, and I believe we paid $6.50 each (the senior rate for those 55+, which is the same as the matinee rate but good at any time). I think prices are up another 50 cents now.

I think its something like $8 around here after 4pm. I try to go during the day because of the reduced rates.
I honestly dont go out to see movies anymore because IMO its too expensive. I usually just wait until a movie comes out on DVD and I rent it. That way I dont have to pay $8 to watch a movie once and I can watch it without having to deal with inconsiderate a-holes.

I think its something like $8 around here after 4pm. I try to go during the day because of the reduced rates.
I honestly dont go out to see movies anymore because IMO its too expensive. I usually just wait until a movie comes out on DVD and I rent it. That way I dont have to pay $8 to watch a movie once and I can watch it without having to deal with inconsiderate a-holes.

I'm the same way, unfortunately my wife and kids still like going. They usually end up going without me if it's a movie that they just have to see, personally it is much more enjoyable for me to sit in my recliner and watch.

I honestly dont go out to see movies anymore because IMO its too expensive.

+1

I'd rather wait and grab it on Blu on the cheap and watch it in my snazzy home theater. Besides, by the time you buy the tickets, get the food, spend the gas, it evens out the purchase. Only movies that are hard to replicate watching at home are the ones that I go see (saw Dark Knight and going to see Avatar in IMAX).

$14.50 here, matinee is $11 I believe. IMAX is $17.50. Like Spanky I have invested quite a bit into my home theater, so there are only a few that I go watch at the theater anymore.

Back