#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

I kept saying that everytime I hit a shot off the fairway. I was worried it would be cut wayyy to tight, but it had just a little fluff which was nice. The fact that they pick up every single divot led to fairways that look like they have never been hit off of

There are many that consider The Hideaway one of the finest private facilities out there. Its a true testament that what can be done with a golf course, staff and overall facility with the right vision.

There are many that consider The Hideaway one of the finest private facilities out there. Its a true testament that what can be done with a golf course, staff and overall facility with the right vision.

And The Hideaway really changed my perception about ultra-exclusive clubs - not all of them are snotty, stuck-up, and cold.

And The Hideaway really changed my perception about ultra-exclusive clubs - not all of them are snotty, stuck-up, and cold.

I think as a culture shock we need to play Bunker Hill with Buck as soon as we get a chance. hahaha

This place couldn't have been any further from that could it have?! They were amazing. Every person I met wanted to make sure I had anything/everything I needed.

I think you're always going to see some of that at any course, but then you're also going to see the people that are proud of their club and love watching people's faces when they come off of it in awe. The latter are much cooler in my opinion

Comfort Stations ftw.

I am going to petition all of my local courses to put in comfort stations as well as mango scented towels for after my round.

I am going to petition all of my local courses to put in comfort stations as well as mango scented towels for after my round.

I requested that my wife greet me home from work every day with a mango towel. That did not go over well.

Sounds incredible dude. The fairway ATL is hitting off up there almost looks fake it's so perfect.

They were unreal. What I liked most about them was that (unlike bentgrass fairways here), they had just a tiny bit of fluff, even though the lies were still tight and gave a great amount of roll-out. Just enough to not sap your confidence like tight bent can do.

They were unreal. What I liked most about them was that (unlike bentgrass fairways here), they had just a tiny bit of fluff, even though the lies were still tight and gave a great amount of roll-out. Just enough to not sap your confidence like tight bent can do.

Yeah, the fairways were incredible. Never did I think i'd be able to hit my 4W off a downhill lie on a fairway high enough to carry water in front of the green on a 235 yard shot, but the fairways were just plush enough to not penalize you for hitting the fairway.

I now fully understand what the Morgan Cupper's were talking about when they said they had a Morgan Cup hangover. I just can't even imagine touching a golf club in the near future.
It does eventually start to wear off, but if also gives you a thirst and drive to taste it again!

Phenomenal. A bit it was so crisp to hit off of. Beautiful.

I'm so glad that people took so many awesome photos of the course. The courses are noticeably beautiful when you play them, particularly the Clive course. But, when I'm playing I will focus more on my target rather than the entire course, and I miss a lot of details.

These photos are just fantastic. I'll be going through them for a while.

I'm trying to stay up on all these recaps so playing a bit of catch up! Those pictures you guys took could be in frames! Amazing shots and I'm not talking about the golf ones! Thanks for the recaps and the videos. For those of us that might not get this opportunity it has been fun to follow.

Those photos are absolutely unreal joe. Thank you for sharing

Some random photos that I haven't seen anyone have thus far (ok, maybe a repeat or two). Without tapatalk ruining them!

This was our view of the gentleman that got a hole in 1 right behind us. That was after Chad put his shot on that hole to 1 foot. Talk about upstaging.

The practice range was two sided and phenomenal.

Just a great view. Forecaddie running for his life, seemed like my ball always went his way.

One of the finishing holes on Dye. This little creek wreck havoc on the #Zoocrew, but it was so pretty.

#18 on Dye. Just a beautiful hole.

#8 on Clive (I think). Great par 5.

Here ya go, something a little different to wrap this up for me. It's a little long, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing your special recap journey, very well done. Good men have the ability to do great things, you are one of those.

ATLClive75 hitting his approach on 18

1211131354a.jpg

*please note that the aurora is not coming from the sun, but from ATLClive

If I was ATLClive, I'd blow this picture up and have it framed right near my front door so I would see it every time I walked into my house. But I'm not ATLClive, not even close.

Back