Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I just wanted to check back in and say that this 3/4 wood is still the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Amazing.

Stock shaft?

Five of seven fairways, very long. I love this driver. Hitting it longer than I have in a while. Hope the weather holds and I can get back there there. Only bummer was that I couldn't play 18 (back 9 is closed for a holiday celebration). Still, huge confidence boost today.

I tried one of the Amp Cell Master's Editions in stiff. That white board was a bit too much shaft for me (normally play between a regular and stiff on the driver). Goodness it was a beautiful club though.

I tried one of the Amp Cell Master's Editions in stiff. That white board was a bit too much shaft for me (normally play between a regular and stiff on the driver). Goodness it was a beautiful club though.

That green monster is one of my favorites ever. Gorgeous looking club.

I hit a ball off the very bottom of the face and on the heel outside of the circle and the result? A 225 yard mid flight bullet. Sure I lost a bunch of distance but that swing deserved to be me in the white stakes. How that happens I have no idea but I'm lovin' it.

Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Bought a blue stiff AMP cell for fun.

Great driver, hit a lot of fairways and had fun.

Love the color.

Not sure if it will replace my RBZ/Nunchuk combo, but it is easy to hit and is pretty long.

Average drive was 250 and temp was about 45 all day.

Great stick!

Bought a blue stiff AMP cell for fun.

Great driver, hit a lot of fairways and had fun.

Love the color.

Not sure if it will replace my RBZ/Nunchuk combo, but it is easy to hit and is pretty long.

Average drive was 250 and temp was about 45 all day.

Great stick!

Congrats on the Amp Cell 250 not bad for a back-up driver.

I hit a ball off the very bottom of the face and on the heel outside of the circle and the result? A 225 yard mid flight bullet. Sure I lost a bunch of distance but that swing deserved to be me in the white stakes. How that happens I have no idea but I'm lovin' it.

When I first put this in the bag I had about 1 of those swings a round where this club truly saved me. Then I got used to it, went back to another driver for a few rounds for fun, then never took this out again. It is just that good.

When I first put this in the bag I had about 1 of those swings a round where this club truly saved me. Then I got used to it, went back to another driver for a few rounds for fun, then never took this out again. It is just that good.

This is what I'm worried about.

Again, only one round, but was really consistent. My club is tight and accuracy off the tee really matters.

Love my RBZ, but my buddy couldn't believe how consistent I was with the AMP Cell.

I have it set to 10.5 Draw and it was nice. I did hook two drives OB, but that was my fault.

Getting pumped to swing it some more!

Played Pelican Hill (Ocean South) on Sunday. Hit 10 of 13 fairways. This thing is so accurate! Loving this driver & the kusala blue right now...

Played Pelican Hill (Ocean South) on Sunday. Hit 10 of 13 fairways. This thing is so accurate! Loving this driver & the kusala blue right now...

Nice, I've played Pelican Hill once. You have to be accurate off the tee! Sweet course, most comfortable cart I've ever been in!

Yes, it was my first time playing there. A real treat for sure. Fantastic course!

With experimentation Amp Cell and Amp cell Pro -- Kuro Kage Stiff and Black tie 6m3 stiff. The best feel only combo seems to be black tie with the pro at max loft (10.5 Pro). Have not got to a monitor yet--but the combo feels the best. But I think I need a light X stiff still and am waiting on the Kusala 61X as the final test option. Eventually will take a few to a monitor and get some real numbers. I like results when I swing a stiff club with a smooth swing--but I don't seem to play that way on the course--I attack it (quick transition) and have done better with X stiff options in the past.

Played today with the White Tie and loved it. Hit 11 of 14 fwys and great trajectory. This combo really works for me and I was consistently between 230-240 which is where my game is right now.

Tapping away on my iPhone

Yeah its a beauty. Time to get "Cleveland" painted on the bottom hehe...I won't tell anybody.

Played again today at Champions Club at the Retreat in Corona, CA with some other THPers. Got to meet some new faces and I hit 12/14 fairways!!! Man I love this driver.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok amp cell Pro with miyazaki kusala blue 61x = Money. Just wow so far--on a cold windy day it did well even on some off center hits. Held up well into the wind (low spin) Lots of good range time before that as well--just love the feel of this combo. Less dispersion than I was seeing on the black tie in stiff, and it supports my aggressive transition much better--feeling solid through the swing instead of bend or twist feeling. I still need some time with it--have it at 45.5 playing length right now keeping a good swing weight but not too long. considered 45 inch but may just grip down a touch and not risk cutting it too much. Got really aggressive with some range testing (swinging beyond my control levels) and it still feels very good--I can tell why this is a high dollar shaft now. At the full 10.5 with the combo and may toy with lofts when I can get to a monitor, but no ballooning so far at max loft so it might just be best there outside of a really windy day.

Can anybody point me in the direction to a .350 adapter if they're available? I'm looking to maybe throw in the PX 6.0 I have in a Diablo Octane Tour I have sitting around.

Can anybody point me in the direction to a .350 adapter if they're available? I'm looking to maybe throw in the PX 6.0 I have in a Diablo Octane Tour I have sitting around.

OK, in the interest of full discolure, this is where I got mine. However, first they sent me the wrong part. Then, they sent me a faulty part. Then, third time's the charm, they sent me a sleeve that worked.

http://www.golfdesignworks.com/product.php?productid=210&cat=15&page=1

I'm not going to abuse them overmuch, because they're about the only place making an adapter at .350 for the Amp Cell. However, they were rather slow with their shipping, and equal parts accommodating and frustrating. But in terms of getting a .350 shaft, they might be about it.

Also bear in mine that you can expect approximately .25" in length when you put this adapter on over the stock shaft + adapter. So while I loved the combo you see in my sig, it was a little while before I got the shaft + adapter cut down to 45" and regripped before it really, really, ​went to work for me.

OK, in the interest of full discolure, this is where I got mine. However, first they sent me the wrong part. Then, they sent me a faulty part. Then, third time's the charm, they sent me a sleeve that worked.

http://www.golfdesignworks.com/product.php?productid=210&cat=15&page=1

I'm not going to abuse them overmuch, because they're about the only place making an adapter at .350 for the Amp Cell. However, they were rather slow with their shipping, and equal parts accommodating and frustrating. But in terms of getting a .350 shaft, they might be about it.

Also bear in mine that you can expect approximately .25" in length when you put this adapter on over the stock shaft + adapter. So while I loved the combo you see in my sig, it was a little while before I got the shaft + adapter cut down to 45" and regripped before it really, really, ​went to work for me.

Thanks for the info. I ordered one so I guess we'll see how it goes. I remember hitting that club fairly well and thought about trying the shaft out in the ACP.

Ive got a pro model on the way. Should be very interesting to compare it with the regular amp cell driver.

Anyone having thoughts of jumping to the Bio Cell in about 3 weeks?

Love the colors minus the orange (you just can rhyme anything with it) but I am very curious to see how well it hits. Like the various loft adjustments (windy days, altitude, ect.) get the best drives possible for the conditions you’re playing in. I might have to take a look at the AMP Cell, for the price it seems like a viable option for my bag.

Ok amp cell Pro with miyazaki kusala blue 61x = Money. Just wow so far--on a cold windy day it did well even on some off center hits. Held up well into the wind (low spin) Lots of good range time before that as well--just love the feel of this combo. Less dispersion than I was seeing on the black tie in stiff, and it supports my aggressive transition much better--feeling solid through the swing instead of bend or twist feeling. I still need some time with it--have it at 45.5 playing length right now keeping a good swing weight but not too long. considered 45 inch but may just grip down a touch and not risk cutting it too much. Got really aggressive with some range testing (swinging beyond my control levels) and it still feels very good--I can tell why this is a high dollar shaft now. At the full 10.5 with the combo and may toy with lofts when I can get to a monitor, but no ballooning so far at max loft so it might just be best there outside of a really windy day.

Well the 45.5" vs 45" got in my head and I cut it down to 45 even--not sure why other than it was messing with me mentally. For some reason I am just not doing very well on an indoor monitor today (pga store monitors with my driver)--could not work any loft consistent enough to get good comparison numbers and then wanted to go back to what I knew worked at 10.5--by the time I got myself to hit through the ball versus at it (outside I think it is mentally easier because I am target focused versus trying to get a monitor number) I was worn down--so I am going to stick with the 10.5 for now and just go for it. Nothing consistent enough to post accurate numbers--it all seems pretty low spin in this combo (don't think I hit any combo in the lower lofts under 2500--most were lower) I really need to find an outdoor range with trackman to test on for any accurate numbers anyway--not sure I trust the superstore monitors.

Putting the AMP Cell driver into play today with the Matrix Radix HD6 shaft. Quite excited to tinker with loft on range and get it dialed in for the round.

Back