Nice guitar, congratulations on the find. Enjoy.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Nice guitar Ryan. It looks just like my old Custom 24 only mine was white/grey. If I still played I'd miss it big time and compared to it my current Jackson is a turd.

Love that finish, it's a beaut!

We've got a few instruments here in the house. At last count:

3 drumkits
2 electric guitars
1 bass
2 acoustic guitars
1 mandolin
3 flutes
1 piccolo
1 clarinet
1 piano

A few of my guitars in my music room, mostly Gibsons

he4yryty.jpg

You got it! Congrats! I still haven't found a PRS that I wanted to take home. A friend of mine up north was a recording artist in Nashville and PRS made him a custom single cut away, and I would have loved to take that one but it's one of a kind haha

Thanks Satch! Your buddy's PRS sounds like a hell of an instrument...talk PRS into making a replica?? Haha

Nice guitar Ryan. It looks just like my old Custom 24 only mine was white/grey. If I still played I'd miss it big time and compared to it my current Jackson is a turd.

Thanks dude. That sounds like a pretty awesome color scheme on your old one. And yeah I hear ya on that, this thing is just miles better than the Epiphone it is replacing - that was about a $250 guitar at full price haha. The action is soo smooth on this one, and I've noticed that I'm much more willing to play on lower gain/reverb settings because the guitar doesn't sound like crap - I used the high gain to cover up the poor tone and intonation of the Epi before. Not to mention, the previous owner put aftermarket pickups in here that are absolutely fantastic, so I hit the jackpot even more there.

I've never played a Jackson, but I know they make some pretty great guitars on the high end.

Didn't even open the cases? What a tease haha

Hahahah I'll open them up in a bit. I have a few pictures rolling around in this thread of my guitars. My favorite on is the heritage cherry Les Paul traditional, that thing ways 10 pounds

Thanks Satch! Your buddy's PRS sounds like a hell of an instrument...talk PRS into making a replica?? Haha

Thanks dude. That sounds like a pretty awesome color scheme on your old one. And yeah I hear ya on that, this thing is just miles better than the Epiphone it is replacing - that was about a $250 guitar at full price haha. The action is soo smooth on this one, and I've noticed that I'm much more willing to play on lower gain/reverb settings because the guitar doesn't sound like crap - I used the high gain to cover up the poor tone and intonation of the Epi before. Not to mention, the previous owner put aftermarket pickups in here that are absolutely fantastic, so I hit the jackpot even more there.

I've never played a Jackson, but I know they make some pretty great guitars on the high end.

I wish man, that PRS has a AAAA flamed maple top, with a beautiful iced tea finish.

I know what you mean about epi crappy tone. I have a guitarist that plays with me every once in a while and he doesn't understand why I spend south money on my Gibsons, and he thinks his epi sounds the same as mine. Although the alnico V pickups sound similar, he doesn't know what to look for. I love my Les Paul's because of the tone and response. It makes such a difference.

This is one of my basses, the best acoustic bass I've ever played, it's one of Fender's custom artist series

5uda5upa.jpg

mazebygy.jpg

Musicians???

This is my favorite guitar, April. She sings

edagu5a2.jpg

ze8evuhe.jpg

She ways 10 pounds! Pardon the crappy picture, tapatalk used to post them really nicely but not anymore ugh

Here is my ugly Fireburst studio, I've had his one since 2008

y9a9epyq.jpg

y5usyjab.jpg

I wish man, that PRS has a AAAA flamed maple top, with a beautiful iced tea finish.

I know what you mean about epi crappy tone. I have a guitarist that plays with me every once in a while and he doesn't understand why I spend south money on my Gibsons, and he thinks his epi sounds the same as mine. Although the alnico V pickups sound similar, he doesn't know what to look for. I love my Les Paul's because of the tone and response. It makes such a difference.

Totally. It's true that they sound similar on high gain, especially if you crank the tone knob/treble on the amp, but everything sounds similar if you distort it enough haha. Anywhere 7 and south on the gain knob and it's night and day as far as I can tell, at least with my Epi vs. my PRS. I really want to get a true Gibson Les Paul at some point, because it is a different tone than other dual humbucker set necks (i.e. PRS), that extra warmth is so awesome. But it'll be a little while, since I have to get a better amp setup soon that is worthy of this instrument haha.

Totally. It's true that they sound similar on high gain, especially if you crank the tone knob/treble on the amp, but everything sounds similar if you distort it enough haha. Anywhere 7 and south on the gain knob and it's night and day as far as I can tell, at least with my Epi vs. my PRS. I really want to get a true Gibson Les Paul at some point, because it is a different tone than other dual humbucker set necks (i.e. PRS), that extra warmth is so awesome. But it'll be a little while, since I have to get a better amp setup soon that is worthy of this instrument haha.

Dude the sustain is killer, all the extra weight makes a difference in tone. If you can find a good deal on a Les Paul traditional, I recommend it.

This is my favorite guitar, April. She sings

edagu5a2.jpg

ze8evuhe.jpg

She ways 10 pounds! Pardon the crappy picture, tapatalk used to post them really nicely but not anymore ugh

Oh my Lord that thing is gorgeous. I've dreamed about owning a guitar like this ever since I got into Zeppelin about 15 years ago!

Oh my Lord that thing is gorgeous. I've dreamed about owning a guitar like this ever since I got into Zeppelin about 15 years ago!

Me too haha, when I first started playing 15 years ago, my dad was going to buy me a fender strat until one day I was watching a concert video with him, and heard jimmy page. I fell on love with the Les Paul and he bought me my first epiphone. I later bought several Gibsons. Make sure you play them first before you buy, Gibson can often be a hit or miss. I got really lucky.

Dude the sustain is killer, all the extra weight makes a difference in tone. If you can find a good deal on a Les Paul traditional, I recommend it.

Do the Studios sound just as good? I've read that they are essentially the same guitars as the Std's, just with less bells and whistles. Obviously I prefer the beautiful traditional aesthetics, but it would necessitate way more saving (read: time).

Always wanted to learn how to play guitar... Maybe someday.

You guys self taught or took lessons?

Always wanted to learn how to play guitar... Maybe someday.

You guys self taught or took lessons?

I'm self taught on guitar, but I took a lot of lessons on the saxophone and played in wind bands and ensembles in high school and college, so I had about 7 years of music background when I started playing guitar.

Do the Studios sound just as good? I've read that they are essentially the same guitars as the Std's, just with less bells and whistles. Obviously I prefer the beautiful traditional aesthetics, but it would necessitate way more saving (read: time).

Honestly, the pickups are different and have a different response, my classic 57 on my traditional are brighter and warmer than the other one, but the 498 and 490 on the studio are darker, fuller and creamier, it's a different experience to play both.

Honestly, the pickups are different and have a different response, my classic 57 on my traditional are brighter and warmer than the other one, but the 498 and 490 on the studio are darker, fuller and creamier, it's a different experience to play both.

Gotcha, good info. It's a ways down the road to put it lightly, but I'm definitely looking to get into the Gibson game at some point.

Gotcha, good info. It's a ways down the road to put it lightly, but I'm definitely looking to get into the Gibson game at some point.

Go down to your nearest music store, get a tube amp like a blackstar and blast the Les Paul you fancy and fall in love with the tone

Musicians???

Well if you think it's ugly, I can take it off your hands Stach! :D

Haha she's ugly but sings! I think I was playing this one that night of the recording I sent you

The lead guitarist in my band plays a 335 quite a bit and I really like the sound of that thing.
He runs it through a couple of pedals and then out a Red Marshall set up that just sounds fantastic.

The lead guitarist in my band plays a 335 quite a bit and I really like the sound of that thing.
He runs it through a couple of pedals and then out a Red Marshall set up that just sounds fantastic.

I owned a 335 for many years, it's a pretty versatile instrument. I sold it because my tone was more consistent with my les Paul. I am currently looking to buy a 339, imagine the body and tone of a 335, in the size of a Les Paul

2apupu9y.jpg

Back