Jacksonville, FL THP Meets - Ongoing

Got bad news, guys. A big enough financial matter has come to my attention recently. Taking care of this will eat up a huge amount from my bank account, therefore, we (Cheryl & I) cancelled our Florida Holiday trip. With time & saving up, I'm sure we'll plan another trip for next year. Darn, would've been cool to play #17 at Sawgrass.

Got bad news, guys. A big enough financial matter has come to my attention recently. Taking care of this will eat up a huge amount from my bank account, therefore, we (Cheryl & I) cancelled our Florida Holiday trip. With time & saving up, I'm sure we'll plan another trip for next year. Darn, would've been cool to play #17 at Sawgrass.

Sorry to hear man, hope everything works out well! TPC isn't going anywhere, so let un know when you are able to reschedule.

Sorry to hear man, hope everything works out well! TPC isn't going anywhere, so let un know when you are able to reschedule.

Just got back from bank and the matter is settled. In all honesty; I had a long outstanding bill for an air cleaner I purchased in '06, maybe made 2 payments, then became unemployed, yada yada yada! 7 years later (today), we're settled up.

Well, guess what? GOOD NEWS! Our trip is back on! We'll be road tripping down to sunny Florida. Here I was thinking, the main reason I bought my new golf gear, was to play some Florida courses again. Then...Light Bulb! Road Trip it!! We did it last year, we can do it again. Just bounced it off Cheryl, she loves it. With extra time spent on road, I may have to make alterations to original plan, but will be making our way to Jacksonville before heading back home.

Well, guess what? GOOD NEWS! Our trip is back on! We'll be road tripping down to sunny Florida. Here I was thinking, the main reason I bought my new golf gear, was to play some Florida courses again. Then...Light Bulb! Road Trip it!! We did it last year, we can do it again. Just bounced it off Cheryl, she loves it. With extra time spent on road, I may have to make alterations to original plan, but will be making our way to Jacksonville before heading back home.

Great news! Any idea when you'll be here?

Also is anyone up for a round on Saturday?

Great news! Any idea when you'll be here?

Also is anyone up for a round on Saturday?

I'm guessing around Dec. 30th., stay a couple days then we return home.

I had something come up on the 30th. Might could play on Friday the 29th and then next Saturday the 7th.

Anyone up for a round on Friday the 6th? Weather should be perfect. Jags game night before. Sleep a little. Play golf. Sounds like a good day to me. Gotta use up those vacation days before year end!

Assuming nobody else is available on Friday, help me pick a course from this list (all places I've never played before):

Jekyll Island Indian Mound
Jekyll Island Oleander
Jekyll Island Pine Lakes
The Grand Club Cyrpess Knoll
The Grand Club Pine Lakes

Or there's a hot deal on Golfnow for King & Bear at 11:07am for $89... tempting... I do love the K&B and that's over $50 cheaper than normal right now... but I kind of want to try a new course instead... help me out, guys.

I'd like to, but like many of us, I'm pretty locked in to a traditional work schedule. I've not played any of those places, but I don't think you could be disappointed in any of them from what I've heard/read. Have fun!

I know week days are a long shot. I use one pto day per month as a golf day. Helps keep me sane and also helps use up the vacation days by year end. :)

Turns out I work with a guy who can get me on the king & bear. Sweet.

Anyone teeing it up this weekend? I have the green light to play Sat and Sun.

Anyone teeing it up this weekend? I have the green light to play Sat and Sun.

Green light? You're not even married yet!

Go to the Courthouse. You can thank me later.

I've been in Ft Myers. Driving up to St Pete today. Played golf Tuesday. Played golf yesterday. Playing golf tomorrow.

Jacksonville, FL THP Meets - Ongoing

I wish. Have to wait for Tuesday for LPGA instead. December is tough.

Last edited:
JAX folks, anyone available to play a round on Monday, 20-Jan? I'm looking to depart JAX that evening (sometime between 6:30 and 7:30).

JAX folks, anyone available to play a round on Monday, 20-Jan? I'm looking to depart JAX that evening (sometime between 6:30 and 7:30).

I'll have to let you know closer to the date, but it's a possibility. What did you have in mind course wise?

I'll have to let you know closer to the date, but it's a possibility. What did you have in mind course wise?

Have only played the Valley, Stadium, and both Ponte Vedra Inn & Club courses. Playing the Valley and Stadium over the weekend, so something more "reasonable" cost-wise is definitely preferable.

So after the fancy meals you'll need a little fast food. Got it. :)

When it gets closer we can check golfnow for something. Where are you staying? Transportation? How near/far could you go?

So after the fancy meals you'll need a little fast food. Got it. :)

When it gets closer we can check golfnow for something. Where are you staying? Transportation? How near/far could you go?

LOL! Yeah, I guess you could say it that way. Of course, some of my favorite eateries are small holes-in-the-wall, too. I'll be staying near the TPC courses, and will have a car to get around. I need to be able to get to the airport by 5:00 PM, just to be safe.

Which hotel?

Back