Are You A Master of Disaster?

I am not a master of disaster. I am, however, a master of disguise. Actually, The Master of Disguise.

Kevin

I went to a Cub Scout meeting once when I was a child so I couldn't possibly find myself in this predicament. I'm always prepared.

I am not a master of disaster. I am, however, a master of disguise. Actually, The Master of Disguise.

Kevin

Who was that masked man, anyway?

lonerangeronsilver2.jpg

None of those three things will ever happen to me because I am alway prepared, especially for those three things.

No pencil, break a twig off and burn the end with a lighter. Write with charcoal if you have to.

Beer bottles are either twist off, or you can knock the cap of to get them open. Can a of beer, again a twig stuck in the top or side. It's aluminum, come on.

No tee, build one the old fashion way, out of turf.
:bananadance:

1. I would find something sharp to scratch the score into my card. I might not bother with the fairways, greens, penalties and putts.
2. It took some YouTubing, but this is how I used to open beer-bottles in my younger years:

[YOUTUBE]zCav8iH14es[/YOUTUBE]

3. Off the deck!

Diane has posed some interesting questions since she joined, but this thread takes the cake. :cake:

Ok, you're on the 14th hole - nowhere near civilization - how would you handle the following?
  1. You lost your pencil on the last hole and no one else in your group has one either. It's the best round of your life - how do you keep score?
  2. You need to open your beer bottle because you're dying of thirst and quite frankly need a drink, but don't have an opener. Neither does anyone else in your group. How do you get it open?
  3. You have 3 holes left to play, but ran out of tees. No one in your group has any either. What do you do?

1) My memory isn't dead yet... going but not gone. :whew:

2) I have an opener on my key ring.... which is always in my bag when I play. I was a Boy Scout so I'm prepared for the direst emergencies. :D

3) Hit driver off the deck... I usually hit it better that way than I do from a tee anyway. :golf2:

Ok, you're on the 14th hole - nowhere near civilization - how would you handle the following?
  1. You lost your pencil on the last hole and no one else in your group has one either. It's the best round of your life - how do you keep score?
    Mark the card with a tee upon returning to the clubhouse get a pencil and shade in the marks.
  2. You need to open your beer bottle because you're dying of thirst and quite frankly need a drink, but don't have an opener. Neither does anyone else in your group. How do you get it open?
    This is easy as I've done it before use a metal divot repair tool, pry up the cap in a few places and wala you got beer.
  3. You have 3 holes left to play, but ran out of tees. No one in your group has any either. What do you do?
Use a 3w and tee off the deck.

1. I never use a card anyway and record the round from memory after...no big deal...
2. Use my lighter...makes a great bottle opener...I use it around the house as well...
3. Been there...use a three wood off the deck...

1. people keep score?
2. i may never keep extra pencils handy but i always have extra bottle openers. always. beer trumps score. every day....twice on sundays.
3. i don't run out of tees. i take them by the fistful. i'm that girl.

1. people keep score?
2. i may never keep extra pencils handy but i always have extra bottle openers. always. beer trumps score. every day....twice on sundays.
3. i don't run out of tees. i take them by the fistful. i'm that girl.
You go girl....
I couldn't fathom being without a bottle opener myself.never,never,never

1. use Sharpie that I keep in bag to mark ball
2. use cart or some sign to pop off top of bottle
3. tee off with my 3w or 5w

Diane has posed some interesting questions since she joined, but this thread takes the cake. :cake:

I can't take credit Claire. I have the "Worst Case Scenario Golf Calendar" and these questions are in there.

For the record - for keeping score without a pencil - the answers are:
Mental tabulation
Use a tee, stick or key to scratch out the score
Use a blade of grass or leaf and run your fingernail over it

I can't take credit Claire. I have the "Worst Case Scenario Golf Calendar" and these questions are in there.

For the record - for keeping score without a pencil - the answers are:
Mental tabulation
Use a tee, stick or key to scratch out the score
Use a blade of grass or leaf and run your fingernail over it
I can't wait to see Diane's next worse case scenario..but how much worse can it get then having no bottle opener?

I can't wait to see Diane's next worse case scenario..but how much worse can it get then having no bottle opener?

I'm the positive thinker here. Ask the "doom and gloom" boys.

How does the worst case scenario calendar fit in with the positive thinking? :confused2:

I know there is a way to fix anything and everything. Although part of my New Year's resolution is that I don't have to fix everything.

I know there is a way to fix anything and everything. Although part of my New Year's resolution is that I don't have to fix everything.
As Ron White says "You can't fix stupid"

Back