The Official 2009 NFL Thread

What a dork. I hate most of these announcers.

I have to admit, I am loving this. Watching Romo be Romo and Favre be Favre has been a joy. The Cowboys are just getting owned all over the field. Watching the "genius" call the plays for the boys has been a pleasure. Maybe it was just a little too early to make him the next Tom Landry after a few good weeks. And Romo the next Montana after a few good weeks, etc...

I have to admit, I am loving this. Watching Romo be Romo and Favre be Favre has been a joy. The Cowboys are just getting owned all over the field.

I am so changing into jorts and an official THP logo shirt once we get to the PGA show.

Careful, you still have to get to the PGA Show remember....hehe

Where are the shots of Jerry Jones giving high fives to former Presidents, his annoying sons, old players, etc....oh......:beat-up:

I mean lets face it, they are the Yankees of the NFL for many.

I mean lets face it, they are the Yankees of the NFL for many.

Couldn't agree more. Same kind of fans, same kind of media attention, same kind of kissing arse by the media....

Vikes just screwed themselves out of the Super Bowl.....never run up the score in a pro game like it's college....Karma is always keeping score...

Watching Keith Brooking run over to Favre and run his mouth about the last TD pass is laughable. Has he not watched his own teams play calling this year?

well, Romo proved me wrong against Philly but finally played to his potential today. I've been saying it for weeks, the guy's over-rated. The Cowboys D was pretty good today but put into some tough situations. It'll be interesting to see what big D's front office does this offseason.

Vikes just screwed themselves out of the Super Bowl.....never run up the score in a pro game like it's college....Karma is always keeping score...

No such thing as running up the score in a pro game. They are all pros on an equal level and they all get paid. If they don't want to feel bad, they need to play hard and stop them.

I have trouble caring after the Packers' loss. About anything.

Kevin

I have trouble caring after the Packers' loss. About anything.

Kevin

That's how I feel now Kevin. I thought after the National Championship heartbreaker, I might find a little solace in the Cowboys. And for a few weeks, it looked promising. But today was a debacle. A combination of a good Vikings team and a mistake-ridden Cowboys team.

ESPN is reporting that Phillips will get an extension. I think that is a horrible mistake. I know it's not good form to fire a coach who took a team to the Divisional game, but I am certain that Phillips has peaked. It will only get worse if he gets an extension.

I agree Harry, but I really do believe that todays loss was as much on Jason the Genius as it was on Phillips.

I agree Harry, but I really do believe that todays loss was as much on Jason the Genius as it was on Phillips.

I think it was execution more than anything. The play calling was acceptable, but not exceptional.

Phillips and Co. can't motivate the team. They can't create that "intangible" that a winning team needs. There is talent, but no chemistry.

Garrett needs to go to. Maybe he is as good as some people think, but not in Dallas.

I ran a few errands after the Vikings/Cowboys and while driving around I was wondering about the status of the Cowboys coaching staff. If they do can everybody, and hire a staff with a different system, then Romo has to learn it. That might take a season or two. He's a cheesehead you know.

Kevin

I think it was execution more than anything. The play calling was acceptable, but not exceptional.

Or perhaps the talent is just not quite as good as so many think it is. I am really not sure about that part, but I look at this team and I just do not see how everybody keeps saying they are "finally living up to the talent on their team".

I see a solid O-line, an average at best QB, a dark horse WR, a good TE, and far too many RBs.

A defense that gets at the QB, but always seems to get beat deep once or twice a game.

In my opinion (its not worth much), they need to make Felix Jones the work horse back, cut ties with Barber who is so overrated. Stop running plays specifically for Witten, he is a TE and a great one at that, but he should be a safety valve and not the 1st option when that option is 5 yards down field.

The play calling seems to be okay, but they seem to try far too hard to get 8 yards than other teams through trickery, or fakes, or more TE calls.

Or perhaps the talent is just not quite as good as so many think it is.

Aside from Jones, they just don't seem to have a lot quickness/speed on offense. Perhaps that comes from featuring the TE, and having that plodder Roy Williams on the field. Austin is pretty good, but I don't see a lot of zzzzoooommmm out there, if you know what I mean.

Kevin

Does anybody else feel like the Chargers vs Jets game is the perfect cure for insomnia?

Does anybody else feel like the Chargers vs Jets game is the perfect cure for insomnia?

It just got a little more interesting at least. Boring game? Yes, but it is competitive and the score is close, unlike the other 3 games this weekend.

I will admit to noddin' off a bit....Jets are ahead?!?

Great catch by Jackson...then stupid penalty on Jackson.

Here come the J....E....T.....S, JETS, JETS, JETS.

Cowboys were just plain over matched today. The Vikings D was just too much. The O-line got exposed and abused. Is it just me or does Whitten look really slow and a shell of what he used to be? Just doesnt seem to be the same Whitten. And I agree about Barber. He needs to be on the bench as a speciality player or closer for the 4th quarter. How many times did he get caught behind the line for a loss today? Actually for the last month or so. We just got beat today and bad.

The Jets. Look what we have here. A Jets team that if Indy would have just played and beat them, they wouldnt even be here. Wouldnt it be ironic if the JETS knock Indy out of the playoffs??? Id laugh.

Back