Most Disappointing Clubs Released the Past Few Years

The Mashie 5W on this list is interesting to me.. Its funny how different clubs work for different people. I absolutely LOVED that thing off the deck especially

Same here, I love the F5. I have had at least 10 people try it with out one negative.

The Mashie 5W on this list is interesting to me.. Its funny how different clubs work for different people. I absolutely LOVED that thing off the deck especially

Said my Covert Tour driver. ;)

This thread goes to show one thing... each swing is different, GET FIT! Personally loved the covert woods and mizuno mp54. I hit the rocketbladez way higher than mp54.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

For me it was the TM SLDR. I hit it at a few different shops and it felt dead to me.

Hmmm... This is a fun topic. I'm going to go with things that I've bought that didn't work out.

- Mashie F3: I couldn't hit it off the deck, so I was kind if stranded. It was a tee only club that wasn't that long. The TF3 at least was a good tee club.

- Nike VRS driver: I really like the Nike Machspeed black round, but the VRS was just bad. Maybe it was mental, but that was no bueno.

- Callaway FT-IZ fairway and hybrids: forgiving, but just too low launching. I don't care what the marketing says. These are low launchers (and that's a common theme). I don't have the swing speed for the fairway and the hybrids never stuck on a green.

- Seemore FGP: I loved the alignment aid until I realized that I pretty much align that way every time already. I was left with a CS putter (which I don't like), with an asymmetric view from the top down (which plays havoc with my mental thought on where the sweet spot is), with too light of a head. I cannot tell you how many putts just died in front of the cup.

- Altitude 4: How anyone hits a club with a head this big, ugly and low launching is beyond me. I tried on multiple occasions so hard to like this, and just couldn't hit it. Nothing but low hooks. I'd pull out a similarly lofted regular hybrid and would just stripe it. Mental block I'm sure.

- Tour Edge XCG5 4W with upgraded, tipped shaft: the shaft was way too stiff, the head flopped open, and the balance point was off. Someone had wrecked this club. I hit nothing but weak, high slices. I even let a high swing speed, good ball striker try it and he could do nothing with it either.

- ProV1: I see nothing about the performance of this ball that justifies the price. I can lose this just as easily as I can lose a Wilson Sponge Bob ball. Heck, at least I can find Sponge Bob.

Best thread I have read here. Every club I have been dreaming about buying is listed here. Thanks to this thread and the posters on it I think I am for the first time happy with my current bag. Its a strange feeling to be content but I am liking it.

Best thread I have read here. Every club I have been dreaming about buying is listed here. Thanks to this thread and the posters on it I think I am for the first time happy with my current bag. Its a strange feeling to be content but I am liking it.

I didn't change a club for the last two years. I did buy a bunch and experimented, but ultimately the bag stayed the same.

I am rebuilding the bag for next year though.

- ProV1: I see nothing about the performance of this ball that justifies the price. I can lose this just as easily as I can lose a Wilson Sponge Bob ball. Heck, at least I can find Sponge Bob.

This is so funny to me, because it's so true. I don't seem to play any better with a high dollar ball than I do with a cheap ball, I do lose them a lot faster though.

Nike Covert Driver - Looks sharp. Sounds and feels dull. Easily the worst feeling and sounding driver I have ever swung in my life.

Taylor-Made RBZ Stage 2 (anything) - Just typical mass produced Taylor-Made, marketed to nausea, garbage.

Cobra AMP Cell Hybrids - Wasn't so much the clubs, but the lack of information regarding upgrade options and getting answers to questions was like pulling teeth.

Covert driver. So much hype on that one and it fell absolutely flat IMO when it came to performance.

The one thing I'm noticing here, and its great is that you cant 5 posts without finding a post where someone hates another loves. Love These discussions

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

The one thing I'm noticing here, and its great is that you cant 5 posts without finding a post where someone hates another loves. Love These discussions

These discussions are indeed always fun, but I don't hate golf clubs, I know that while something may not work for me, it will for someone, that's the beauty of it. That said, the Covert just didn't deliver on any of the hype for me.

These discussions are indeed always fun, but I don't hate golf clubs, I know that while something may not work for me, it will for someone, that's the beauty of it. That said, the Covert just didn't deliver on any of the hype for me.

And with all due respect.....and I do mean with all due respect. I just think you didn't give that club enough attention. At first I did t like it, but I tried a different shaft and its now the one club to rule them all.

You can't get upset, because I said with all due respect.....it's in the Geneva convention

And with all due respect.....and I do mean with all due respect. I just think you didn't give that club enough attention. At first I did t like it, but I tried a different shaft and its now the one club to rule them all.

You can't get upset, because I said with all due respect.....it's in the Geneva convention

I tried it seven different occasions with four different shafts. I think I tried it and gave it its fair shake.

With all do respect, not every club works for everyone, that's a fact.

I tried it seven different occasions with four different shafts. I think I tried it and gave it its fair shake.

8th times a charm...duh

Different strokes for different folks

Well obviously the clubs that stink are the ones that are not in my bag. Whaa whaa...

I hope you picked up on the Ricky Bobby sarcasm. I know not every club is for everyone. That's why TMaG releases 10 a year.

And....that 8th shft could have been the one... :p

With all due respect of course

Funny how different swings work with different clubs. I was all TM until I hit the XHots! Love those things.

Disappointments:

1 SLDR - shorter for me unless I hit the screws and was always way to low of a flight.

2 RBZ hybrids - yeah.... They just didn't work for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imagine how boring your job would be if every club worked for everybody?

Imagine how boring your job would be if every club worked for everybody?

They all work for somebody.....but still not everyone.

Still think that people are missing the point that I was joking. I've been active enough to realize that if Jman doesn't like something, there's a reason.

I'm going back to enjoying bourbon st. Cheers boys and girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping K15 3wd- Was never able to hit it off the deck

Razr X black irons- couldn't hit them consistent at all

The Stage 2 failed to build on what it's younger brother had started for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

any ping or adams hybrids. just bleh.

The Stage 2 failed to build on what it's younger brother had started for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I liked the original more as well. It was almost like they were trying too hard.

Most disappointing clubs for me:
1. Mizuno MP-H4 hybrib iron - Just couldn't hit the thing
2. Taylormade SLDR driver - Really wanted to like it, but was just awful
3. Callaway Optiforce driver - hook machine

I'm am surprised in a way that the covert series didn't suit a lot of people but, everybody's different.

My entire set except my putter(taylormade) and 54,60* wedges (cleveland) are nike.

The only dislike I have for my vrs covert your driver is the loudness of it, I never thought I'd be able to say a drivers sound is too loud but, this club definitely qualifies.

I don't like the R1 or Stage 2 3W as I struggled with both clubs for multiple rounds. The R1 head just seems too big to me. As for the stage 2 fw, I couldn't seem to stay consistent with the club and just felt odd to me.

Back