Odyssey Jailbird Preview

Kyle, you are spot on about the contrast man. I have found that exactly the same as you

It's good to hear it's not just me or something I made up in my head. I really notice it on blade putters with the BWB!

We got them out on the floor tonight to be ready for launch tomorrow. The first thing that I noticed is that it is rather light for it's size, I prefer heavier putters. The color pattern seemed a bit repetitive, I thought the standard Versa pattern was enough to create contrast alignment, but I can see how people could like having another couple of lines.

Perez using one today. Looks good. Not as big as I thought from the original photo.

This one is way more appealing in hand and behind a golf ball. Surprised me at the show as I was a big pessimist of the look when we first saw the design.

This one is way more appealing in hand and behind a golf ball. Surprised me at the show as I was a big pessimist of the look when we first saw the design.

I hoped that was the case for me, but it just wasn't appealing and I didn't like how it sets up to the ball. Seems... I don't know, too flat?

I hoped that was the case for me, but it just wasn't appealing and I didn't like how it sets up to the ball. Seems... I don't know, too flat?

I couldn't game it as I'm not a big mallet guy, but I could see it gaining traction by how ok sets up IMO.

I couldn't game it as I'm not a big mallet guy, but I could see it gaining traction by how ok sets up IMO.

Oh, I'm sure it will gain traction.

It just didn't do enough of helping me line my putts it set up straight to stand out to me. It's like the versa on steroids.

I really liked the Mini-T. I'm upset I never bought one but I have not yet warmed to this shape.

That's good to hear. The initial photo seemed a but busy. But on camera it didn't look too bad at all.

You know I was hesitant at first as well. But once I got it on the putting green and started rolling some putts, this thing was money. I know it looks goofy and very bulky an unwieldy but it's incredibly stable and just wants to make putts.

You know I was hesitant at first as well. But once I got it on the putting green and started rolling some putts, this thing was money. I know it looks goofy and very bulky an unwieldy but it's incredibly stable and just wants to make putts.

The looks of a putter have never bothered me, as I have games just about every ugly putter you can think of. This one wasn't my cup of tea , but a lot of people at the Callaway Testing event loved it!

The looks of a putter have never bothered me, as I have games just about every ugly putter you can think of. This one wasn't my cup of tea , but a lot of people at the Callaway Testing event loved it!

Yeah it's definitely not going to be for everyone. I am not a huge fan if the double bend shaft in it but I still found it easy to keep on line and really put a great roll on the ball.

I messed around with this today at Goldsmith, but we not really impressed by it. I definitely preferred the Tank and the metal x # 7. I just did not see any gain in the set up for me.

My opponent in league had one tonight, and wow does it look even better in person, throw a SS on it and it would be even more money. Also I'm secretly hoping for a CB Jailbird!

Callaway should have name this one the Abbey Road Putter

1200x580-ODY-Versa.jpg

14549668_201311272008.jpg

Thinking about making the move to this one.

Thinking about making the move to this one.

I remember you talking about how you liked how it set up for you on the greens. Could be fun.

I remember you talking about how you liked how it set up for you on the greens. Could be fun.

I'd prefer the single color, but I cant argue how well i roll it.

I'd prefer the single color, but I cant argue how well i roll it.

Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of the versa paint/scheme myself.

Been rolling this one for the past 2 rounds and think I like what I am seeing. Still think I prefer the old school white hot insert, but this version is solid. A bit firmer than the original and puts a good roll on the ball.

I've tried to like this putter, I put a decent roll on it every time I grab one. For me the disconnect is all visual. Color scheme and the size of it kind of gets in my head. I guess I'm a little finicky or something.

I've tried to like this putter, I put a decent roll on it every time I grab one. For me the disconnect is all visual. Color scheme and the size of it kind of gets in my head. I guess I'm a little finicky or something.

I agree about the color scheme. I still prefer a solid colored putter.

It seems to become a distraction for me. Not sure anyone else has that issue. When I bring the putter back my eyes and head seem to move a little bit.

best looking jailbird they have.

Back