Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I absolutely cannot wait to hit these. Very close 2nd to my anticipation of hitting the BB. My current XHot's are my favorite clubs and my go to clubs so these will be huge for me.

Just saw the X2Hot Launch event is tomorrow at PGA SS. I will be going there to hopefully hit these.

Hit the 18* X2 Hot Pro at Edwin Watts today. I have the 18* X Hot Pro and really like it. The head on the X2 Hot Pro is quite a bit smaller. With the smaller head, it just doesn't seem possible that it could be longer than the X Hot Pro, but I was hitting it about 10 yards longer. I really like the Aldila Tour Green stock shaft. I always fought a hook with the X Hot Pro, and suspected it was the shaft. Normal shots with the X2 Hot Pro were soft fades. I could hit a little draw on demand, but didn't hit any hooks. I will be adding this, and possibly a 23* to my bag.

These things are freaky long. Adding that FW face to these things makes them ridiculous

I like Xhot head, but prefer the pro shaft. Wonder if there's an up charge to custom order one from cally with the green Aldila.

I like Xhot head, but prefer the pro shaft. Wonder if there's an up charge to custom order one from dally with the green Aldila.

No upcharge on ordering the Green Adila. Go on their site and customize it. Very user friendly

Yeah the pro was great, but man is that head small. I'll take the extra forgiveness.

Just saw these in person and that was my thought as well. The standard looked really nice, and that pro head is tiny. Shafts felt real nice with a quick waggle...store was closing, so hitting them will have to wait a bit longer

I saw them tonight but shockingly not a single LH to be found. Going back tomorrow for the launch event to see if I can hit them.

Wow! I stopped by Golfsmith to pick up my driver which was being worked on, and decided to hit some hybrids. I tried the X2 Hot and Ping G25. I couldn't believe how straight and long it was. Slightly longer than the Ping but more consistent in terms of distance and accuracy for me. I walked out of the store with it, gaming it tomorrow. Very impressed when testing.

sent from The Note 3

You all are making we want to hit one of these puppies :golf2:

I'll say this: I wasn't hitting the ball all that great at the end of our range session in Carlsbad because I had already hit a full pyramid of balls testing stuff. So, when I grabbed the X2 Hot Pro hybrid, my swing was lazy. But, not once did the Pro model make me feel like I hit any misses! I've read some comments about not as forgiving as the other, but compared to my Stage 2 Tour, it is head-and-SHOULDERS above the TM!!! Longer and more forgiving for SURE! Some may want to say the Pro just might not be one they try, but don't sleep on it! I'm no scratch golfer and this thing was amazing!!!!

Sounds like you and me had a good night. You with the hybrid and me with the 5 fairway wood.
Wow! I stopped by Golfsmith to pick up my driver which was being worked on, and decided to hit some hybrids. I tried the X2 Hot and Ping G25. I couldn't believe how straight and long it was. Slightly longer than the Ping but more consistent in terms of distance and accuracy for me. I walked out of the store with it, gaming it tomorrow. Very impressed when testing.

sent from The Note 3

Sounds like you and me had a good night. You with the hybrid and me with the 5 fairway wood.

I saw that in the Purchase thread. Great minds... :D

At 2pm today I was telling a buddy that I wanted to stay away from new equipment. That lasted about 3 hours. I didn't hit anything else because I was scared that I was going to fall in love. I'm purposefully staying away from the Apex irons.

sent from The Note 3

I'll say this: I wasn't hitting the ball all that great at the end of our range session in Carlsbad because I had already hit a full pyramid of balls testing stuff. So, when I grabbed the X2 Hot Pro hybrid, my swing was lazy. But, not once did the Pro model make me feel like I hit any misses! I've read some comments about not as forgiving as the other, but compared to my Stage 2 Tour, it is head-and-SHOULDERS above the TM!!! Longer and more forgiving for SURE! Some may want to say the Pro just might not be one they try, but don't sleep on it! I'm no scratch golfer and this thing was amazing!!!!

I didn't even try the Pro. The head was so small and I liked the Hot at address. Though in retrospect, I should've hit the Pro.

sent from The Note 3

I didn't even try the Pro. The head was so small and I liked the Hot at address. Though in retrospect, I should've hit the Pro.

sent from The Note 3
Look at address is one reason I was excited for the Pro. I played the Edge Tours and I didn't like the wide/flat appearance. The look got to me and I couldn't play Callaway hybrids from that point forward. So, when I saw the information on the X2 Hot Pro, I was excited to hear of a more compact head. Yeah, look is one thing that a player can't make himself "like" if it isn't there immediately. The X2 Hot is an awesome club too.

I'm following you!!! Ha! Great pics!!! So pretty!!!

I'm following you!!! Ha! Great pics!!! So pretty!!!

I'm so curious how it will compare to my current hybrid. I use that club off the tee and would love a few more yards.

Can anyone compare this to the AMP Cell hybo in terms of size? I'm going to assume its RIDONKULONGER so not going to ask

Mike,I don't find it to be much different from the amp cell. I think the head is slightly bigger, but not as big as the rbz stg2 or Adams super s. I find the amp cell to be on the smaller size and would put the x2hot in the same category.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Can anyone compare this to the AMP Cell hybo in terms of size? I'm going to assume its RIDONKULONGER so not going to ask

Mike,I don't find it to be much different from the amp cell. I think the head is slightly bigger, but not as big as the rbz stg2 or Adams super s. I find the amp cell to be on the smaller size and would put the x2hot in the same category.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

I totally agree with Andy. The head shape is a little different as well, but if you want small, those pros are teeny. And yes, they are longer, hyper face cup in a hybrid=distance. But also, that means forgiveness which is what I really look for.

Also, I think the face at address is more square than the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell was too closed for me. The X2 sits more neutral.

sent from The Note 3

Also, I think the face at address is more square than the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell was too closed for me. The X2 sits more neutral.

sent from The Note 3

Agreed. They have done a great job with this years hybrid. Best improvement in the whole line for me by far

Back