Kidney stones suck

Forgot to update this Claire. Ended up going back to the hospital yesterday morning. Woke up again at 4:00 am & dealt witht he pain for a few hrs before finally giving in. Once there I demanded to have a cat scan done, not sure why they were so reluctant to do so. Anyways sure enough there is a 3rd stone & it's out of the kidney & almost thru the ureter just before it enters the bladder. it's about 3mm in diameter & they want to see if I pass it before they try anything more drastic. Gave me a prescription for Vicodin along with Flowmax which is supposed to help flush it out.

Wasn't too bad at work today since I hung out in the office & played with some of my new lab equipment. Got off work, washed my vehicle & shortky afterwards the pain kicked into high gear, I ended up taking 3 vicodins to dull it somewhat. Ended up getting pretty dizzy...still am..as well as a bit of a chill which is causing me to shake.

Have a Dr's appointment tomorrow morning & will see where I go from there. I just want this damn thing gone, so much pain from something so incredibly tiny.

Geez, that's a shame. I'm sorry you're in such prolonged, serious pain. Really.

But... once this is over, I shudder to think what your new avatar is going to look like!

Geez, that's a shame. I'm sorry you're in such prolonged, serious pain. Really.

But... once this is over, I shudder to think what your new avatar is going to look like!

Shhh, you weren't supposed to say anything yet.

And btw...Still trying to pass this son of a b*tch. Pain kicked in huge about 8:00 & lasted for almost 90 minutes, I literally took 7 vicodins in a little over an hr in an attempt to control it. Hopeful that it passes tonight.

Shhh, you weren't supposed to say anything yet.

And btw...Still trying to pass this son of a b*tch. Pain kicked in huge about 8:00 & lasted for almost 90 minutes, I literally took 7 vicodins in a little over an hr in an attempt to control it. Hopeful that it passes tonight.

Seven vicodins!?!? That's just nuts.

Seven vicodins!?!? That's just nuts.

That's what it took to knock the pain down to a manageable level. Believe me when I say i'm a bit leery of going to sleep right now.

I was in some pretty good pain in the days following my RC surgery, but it took only 2 vicodins or two hydromorphone pills to alleviate enough pain for me to sleep. The hydromorphone was a bit stronger but I wanted to stay away from any derivative of morphine, even though I was told it's less addictive.

I can't even imagine pain where I would need seven vicodins. I'll say a prayer for you!

Back