Judy Rankin Signs With Golf Channel

Karrie Webb is in my opinion a horrible representative of the LPGA. She has zero personality, style, and everything else that I want to see in the LPGA. She is the Charlie Hoffman of the LPGA with even less style.

I don't think this is a very fair comment. She cannot be someone she is not. She is a athlete and her personality is what it is. I do not think it is good to go changing her personality just because she is on the LPGA. She is trying to win a golf tournament not win personality contests. Style? Again unfair judgement you are putting on her. She doesn't need to be stylish to win tournaments.

I don't think she likes the spotlight, I think she wants to play golf and win and leave the personality and style to Gulbis, Creamer, and Wie.

You may have an inside perspective I am not seeing because you are much closer to the game than I, but that is what I see from my seat in the cheap seats.

Why I said just my opinion. She could atleast tuck her shirt in...hehe

She is trying to win a golf tournament not win personality contests.

Isnt this the same exact thing that Tiger gets crucified for (before his ridiculous behavior off the course)

Isnt this the same exact thing that Tiger gets crucified for (before his ridiculous behavior off the course)

Hmm, I am not so sure it is exactly the same. I think people are concerned with Tiger's actions not his personality, while he is playing. Karrie is not doing anything but being herself. She is not acting inappropriately but rather just minding her own business. Tiger on the other hand is acting like a spoiled brat because he missed yet another fairway to the right.

I also think the responsibility that Tiger has is MUCH greater as well. Karrie is not getting multi-million dollar contracts from Gatorade, Tag, Nike, etc selling her image. I think if Tiger wants all that money from those guys he has to accept some sort of responsibility as a more public face.

To agree with you though there are some similarities, people do tend to get on Tiger for not smiling or not signing autographs and maybe that is not fair for the same reasons. Tiger is there to win a golf tournament, maybe signing autographs distracts him (although if that were true he could sign the autographs after the tournament is over, but I digress). So to your point there are certain standards that we cannot hold against Tiger.

I agree with all of your points and why I said originally it is just my opinion. But I also think that the LPGA needs major help from its players right now and their personality and style as well as their play needs to be better to shine through. While Woods may have had tons of endorsement deals, dont fool yourself, Karrie is not starving and made plenty of money herself.

I have the same issues with Christie Kerr and her outrageous behavior on the course that is as bad as anybody in golf.

The LPGA is a wonderful golf tour that nobody seems to watch (according to numbers) and I want it to stay and be successful just as you do as well. But to do that some of the players need to step up and realize that robotic golfers or golfers with no personality or even worse bad personality does NOT sell.

However I have threadjacked this enough. Back to Rankin.

Back