Pepsi and Mountain Dew "throwback"...

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
made with REAL sugar. Hey thats good right? So, if its now for a limited time being made with REAL sugar, what the heck is usually made with? Fake sugar I suppose. I think the answer is high fructose corn syrup but who decided and why that was better then real sugar?

The best thing is to just not drink soda as its terrible for you. I still like to have one a day but try to keep it at that.

I think the corn syrup is cheaper. I dont drink soda very often, but I do love a Pepsi every once in a while. Ill have to pick one up with real sugar.

I haven't tried the Pepsi or Mountain Dew but Gummi sent me a six pack of Dublin Dr. Pepper. It's made with Imperial cane sugar and there is a difference. I limited myself to one of them a week to make it last as long as possible.

I was wondering the same thing about what was previously used.Anyway I bought into the hype and got one of the throwback 16 oz. bottles the other day.I was disappointed,and thought it tasted flat.That's just my opinion and you might or might not feel the same.Try one out for yourself but don't be surprised if you like the regular version with high fructose corn syrup.

I was wondering the same thing about what was previously used.Anyway I bought into the hype and got one of the throwback 16 oz. bottles the other day.I was disappointed,and thought it tasted flat.That's just my opinion and you might or might not feel the same.Try one out for yourself but don't be surprised if you like the regular version with high fructose corn syrup.

There is also a Pepsi Natural that comes in a glass bottle. I bet thats the one you had.
I have to say the Mexicans have the best soda. Thats all I drink when Im down there.

Yup, I`m with you. I used to drink 2-3 can of pepsi a day until it caught up with my waistline. Now only drink 1 or 2 a week but did not like the throwback real sugar as much as the fake corn syrup kind.

I've had a throwback Mountain Dew, and to be honest I didn't really tell a difference compared to the "modern" corn syrup version.

I had a throwback Mountain Dew today and I think it taste different. Not better or worse, just different. I think Ive been trained to the taste of corn syrup. Another note, for myself, I dont like ANY soda from those 16oz plastic bottles. I think it does something to the taste. Today I had the Mountain Dew and it was from a can, which I preferred to the bottle. Plus then you drink less of it.

If I remember the history of Coca-Cola correctly, didn't they make the initial batches with real cocaine? Does this mean Coke's throwback edition will have...ahem...coke in it? :confused2:

If I remember the history of Coca-Cola correctly, didn't they make the initial batches with real cocaine? Does this mean Coke's throwback edition will have...ahem...coke in it? :confused2:

Ive heard that same thing before. Thats probably why they have the secret vault or whatever that no one ever gets to see or go near. They dont want anyone to know it actually had cacaine in it. Just think if the marketing campaign!!!

Throwback Coca-Cola, now with REAL COKE!! lol Throwback Coke, nothing like the REAL thing...hint hint lol

Yeah..throwback Coke...watch out there Red Bull..
On another note I see some of you don't drink much soda,some do.I might have a coke or pepsi with lunch but I don't drink pop as refreshment.I'm into water.Natures refreshment.Oh and beer but then usually only with food with a few exceptions like friends on a Friday night.But in most things moderation especially alcohol.

Yeah..throwback Coke...watch out there Red Bull..
On another note I see some of you don't drink much soda,some do.I might have a coke or pepsi with lunch but I don't drink pop as refreshment.I'm into water.Natures refreshment.Oh and beer but then usually only with food with a few exceptions like friends on a Friday night.But in most things moderation especially alcohol.

Im with you on this one. I drink a soda at lunch and try to keep it a can not a 16 oz bottle. I try not to drink anymore after that sticking with water. Ive noticed it helps me sleep a lot better. Weekends are another story though with some other refreshments added to the mix lol.

I like Pepsi/Mountain Dew Throwback. Especially in the case of Mountain Dew, the regular stuff gives me a stomach ache, but Throwback doesnt.

I work for the Coca Cola bottler here in Indy. The switch to high fructose corn syrup was done years ago for cost reasons. Sugar cane prices were going up so the switch.

Now that corn prices are on the rise(ethynol/plastics) it might make a comeback.

I second the comment about Mexican drinks. Here in Indy we have Mexican Coke that we sell in a few outlets in 12oz glass bottles.

Enjoying one now.....aaaahhhhh!

Haven't drank soda in about 3 years, don't miss it either.

I work for the Coca Cola bottler here in Indy. The switch to high fructose corn syrup was done years ago for cost reasons. Sugar cane prices were going up so the switch.

Now that corn prices are on the rise(ethynol/plastics) it might make a comeback.

I second the comment about Mexican drinks. Here in Indy we have Mexican Coke that we sell in a few outlets in 12oz glass bottles.

Enjoying one now.....aaaahhhhh!

I've read this online, so who knows how true it is...wasn't the "New Coke" they had in the mid-80s put out so Coke could make the switch from sugar to HFCS without too many people noticing the difference when they brought it back as "Coke Classic"

I did try the "Pepsi Throwback" a few days ago; I wasn't impressed (I'm partial to either Coke or RC myself)

This sounds good. They should do a diet throw back using real sugar substitute.

Kevin

This sounds good. They should do a diet throw back using real sugar substitute.

Kevin

Real sugar substitute? Kind of an oxymoron, no?

I spotted these a couple weeks back, and picked up a 12 pack of both Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper. I'm normally a Mountain Dew drinker, but after the first can I took the rest to work and left it in the fridge. Tasted terrible to me. Same with the Dr. Pepper - nowhere near the great taste of the imperial cane sugar version that can be had in certain parts of Texas.

Drink diet mt dew. (diabetes). If I'm not careful I end up drinking 6 cans in a day! Anyway, had a sugar low one day and I drank one of my buddies regular dew. It had been years since I had a real one. Thing tasted like syrup going down.

Costco has been selling Mexican Coca Cola which is sweetened with cane sugar. I don't drink soft drinks, but a friend that I play golf with says that it is much better than the stuff flavored with corn syrup.

I wonder what they consider "real" sugar. Cane sugar? Or what.

Back