What have you bought or sold on Craigslist?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
To name just a few things (I'll add more when I remember them):
  • My wife's first set of clubs (they are getting replaced over the winter to a fitted set);
  • About 5 couches (the new puppy had a peeing problem, not to mention the chewing issue - - - we've had the last one . . . a leather couch with recliners on each end for over a year now!);
  • A papasan chair that we bought only for the cushion to use for a dog bed - we threw the actual chair away.

SOLD:
  • A couple of computer desks;
  • A 1960's console stereo;
  • Living room chairs.

I've sold a fishfinder, and fishing combo both on Craigs list. I have yet to buy anything but I have come across a few things I would like to buy.

I have tried to sell my PS3 and some games on Craigslist, but tried is the operative word there.

I had literally 100+ e-mail's in 2 days, all asking me about buying something, and I replied to all of them, and never got ONE e-mail back saying they will buy it for sure. I mean the console it self was in perfect condition, 60GB selling for what others were selling their 30GB for. And I was selling games for $10-$20, and they were all barely used. I mean how could someone not buy COD 4 for $20?!?!?! :at-wits-end:

I bought 18 puttings cups with little flags to use on banquet tables as centre pieces at my next ladies golf tournament (very casual tournament)....

Weed for a Mustang, seriously

Weed for a Mustang, seriously

LOL, only in Cali.....

5.0 mustang for TRADE for cannibis

5.0 mustang for TRADE for cannibis - $4000 (bay area)
Date: 2010-01-20, 6:01PM PST
Reply to: sale-gpezw-1562754593@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hello, i would like to trade my 5.0 mustang for 2 pounds of marijuana.. NO LESS NO MORE. 454 grams. its clean titled good and reliable runnin real strong. this is a serious offer. i have a leg pain that wont go away without marijuana and doctors will not prescribe me a cannibis card.. please help me out. this is a serious ad and i have pictures. e-mail me and i will e-mail you back asap. i am not the police or narco or undercover.. i can meet in a location of your choice.

keywords: purp, weed, marijuana, kush, haze, northern lights, sour diesel, rasberry kush, strawberry kush, grapes, THC, medical marijuana, bone thugs n harmony, bob marley, tupac, lil troy, BIGGIE, mac dre,

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1562754593

serious leg pain and can't get prescribed marijuana...JSC.I suppose in Cal marijuana cures hemmroids too.

sadly I've never bought or sold anything on Craigslist

I've sold

a 1995 BMW M3 and a 1/8 scale RC car and a motorcycle

I've never bought anything

Bought a lot of stuff, Maruman golf clubs, exercise bike, ellipitcal, trolling motor, compound bow.

Sold a few things too, couple snowmobiles, daughters car, some clubs, etc.

Bought my Sunmountain electric golf cart off craigslist.

I absolutely love it MO. It makes the game more enjoyable for me and going up an incline is a breeze. I have a seat on it so when the course gets backed up I just pull it out and sit for a spell.

I absolutely love it MO. It makes the game more enjoyable for me and going up an incline is a breeze. I have a seat on it so when the course gets backed up I just pull it out and sit for a spell.

One of those would be perfect for Shirkeys, I've only seen one for sale on CL though and it was beat:beat-up:

Has the battery ever lost it's charge on the course? It looks pretty heavy to push.:D

Funny you mention that MO. I have two batteries and grabbed the wrong one one day and about the 5th hole it died on me. It was easier than I thought to push even up the inclines, but I quickly found out how spoiled I had become.

What size of a battery does it take, are we talking like a lawn mower battery or car battery?

I barely even look at Craigslist, but I have bought one thing. We lost a dog a few years ago, big black lab who just one afternoon was paralyzed. We had to put him down, which was awful. I still use his rabies vaccination tag as a ball marker. Anyway, our other lab just seemed to be constantly sad. We waited about a year and thought it was the right time to start looking for another dog. I decided to give Craigslist a shot. There was a lab/basset hound mix for sale close to where I used to live, so off I went. It was pouring rain, harsh even for Seattle standards. When I found the place the dog(puppy, about 4 months old) was chained up outside in the back yard. I would have bought the dog even if I didn't want him, just to get him away from there.
We have had Dozer about a year from today and he is great. He looks like a cartoon, picture a full grown black lab with 4 inch legs. I even taught him to fetch the paper in the morning.

Have never sold anything on Craigslist, but so far I am 1 for 1 on positive purchases.

Bought a treadmill. Haven't sold anything on Craigslist yet.

I sold a washer/dryer. Had 8 emails with a couple of hours and the first emailer bought it.
I bought a $200 igloo dog house for $50 (talked him down from $75), which I was iffy about since I didn't know if my dog would want to sleep in something another dog had used. But, I brought it home, scrubbed it with bleach, put some fresh hay in it and she was making circles in it within 30 minutes.

2 for 2, in my books.

I will be selling couches in a few weeks, once we get the new ones. Anyone in SoCal interested in a pair of couches? Very light tan/cream, with red accent pillows... first dibs to THP members!

I've sold quite a few things on CL - car parts, golf clubs + parts of golf clubs, a guitar, a saxophone, a guitar amp, an iPod and a bunch of other things. It's easier (and cheaper) than posting on eBay, but you need to price items a little lower on CL. It works out fine though due to savings of not paying eBay or PayPal.

I've also purchased all kinds of things of CL. In fact, I'm in the market for my teenage son's first car. Anyone have a great used car for $5k or less? :D

. . . In fact, I'm in the market for my teenage son's first car. Anyone have a great used car for $5k or less? :D

Be careful. My best friend's son bought a car on Craigslist (under my friends supervision!) and it worked out fine. But beware:

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-stolen-car-craigslist-012010,0,7718183.story

One thing that stands out in the story, and when I bought cars for cash back when I was in high school, I never did this:
Davis said if he could do it over again, he would check the seller's ID to make sure it matched the name on the title.

Be careful. My best friend's son bought a car on Craigslist (under my friends supervision!) and it worked out fine. But beware:

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-stolen-car-craigslist-012010,0,7718183.story

One thing that stands out in the story, and when I bought cars for cash back when I was in high school, I never did this:

Thanks for the tip Smallie. This will be the first time I'm considering buying a car from a private party, so I spoke to the Oregon DMV for a bit to get some advice.

Davis was an idiot though. $5500 for a 2002 MDX? If he had been researching MDXs, he would have known that something was fishy with that low price.

Haven't bought or sold on Craigslist, BUT my BF was using their site to advertise his business and services since he's a contractor and last year they were going through that slump, well, he found one of his employees from that site. Great guy!! Still works with him still :)

Back