Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then, my remote won't work. I have figured out that it is on a circuit with the "ground fault" protection and is easily tripped. All I have to do is clear the fault and it starts working again.

Try mustard and white vinager. That and toilet bowl cleaner, lol. Works on anything. Do not go there if you have the slightest cut on your hand :angry:

If it works send cookies!! :D

thanks for the advice.

i actually soaked them in hot sudsy water and then took to them with a sugar scrub from the bath. like a home made loofah? worked beautifully.

i took the cookies to pro shop. there is a significant longhorn contingent working and i wanted to share my special jayhawk cookies.

next time i'll share them here. the olympics are coming....we should celebrate world sport.

That's awesome, haha. Harry is going to be so disappointed.:D

Harry knows the only thing that matters is tournament time. Besides, there is a KU/Texas head-to-head coming up on Feb. 8th.

Harry knows the only thing that matters is tournament time. Besides, there is a KU/Texas head-to-head coming up on Feb. 8th.

That's going to be a helluva a game, as for the tourney once it starts I'll be a Texas fan too. Unless/until they square off with KU.:good:

If Texas can't hit their free throws (i.e. the fiasco in Manhattan), they aren't going very far in March.

I'm bored today, actually stayed home from work today. Want to play golf, but its pouring rain and my toe is still green! Maybe we'll go hang out at Golfsmith haa haa haa

I'm bored today, actually stayed home from work today. Want to play golf, but its pouring rain and my toe is still green! Maybe we'll go hang out at Golfsmith haa haa haa

Knowing the weather and your health, maybe you shoulda gone into work for a bit today? :confused2:

Knowing the weather and your health, maybe you shoulda gone into work for a bit today? :confused2:

Nah...need a day off every once in a while. I'll be back tomorrow :good:

seems as though the little one is battling a stomach bug. i can handle a lot of things but the aftermath of a stomach bug at 4 this morning was a bit much. poor guy. seems like it's always something.

Wait you mean John Edwards was lying about a love child? :confused2:

seems as though the little one is battling a stomach bug. i can handle a lot of things but the aftermath of a stomach bug at 4 this morning was a bit much. poor guy. seems like it's always something.

Hope the little guy gets to feeling better.

Tell Foster were thinking of him. Hope he's well soon.

My rant, relying on someone to give the right information for a project, only to find out after starting and getting a decent amount done that the information that I was previously given was wrong and I have to start over. There goes 2 hours of the day that were wasted. :angry: :at-wits-end: :banghead:

Spent 1 1/2 days last week writing up a stupid award nomination for my test team, came up with 23 bullet points from a test that maybe deserved 5. I mean I yanked those bullet points from my arse so deep a proctologist couldn't have found them. And now the front office says they want 3 more!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You know you're a parent when you try to catch your kid's vomit in your hands so you don't have a huge cleanup job on the rugs/furniture. Welcome to my world.

Or your shirt that you just changed into is soaked with spit up after burping your baby... :D

well, so far we've gotten through the day without major incident. Claire-your post was hilarious b/c that's pretty much what happened. Seems as though the vomitting is over and now coming out of his arse.

I got a call from the director at Foster's school, she said that a parent knowingly brought a "sick" child to school yesterday, hence the stomach bug i'm dealing with. apparently, there's no toddlers there today, imagine that. i would never do that. i don't get it.

i appreciate all the well wishes from you guys.

I got a call from the director at Foster's school, she said that a parent knowingly brought a "sick" child to school yesterday, hence the stomach bug i'm dealing with. apparently, there's no toddlers there today, imagine that. i would never do that. i don't get it.

You know what? Thats a rant I've had for a while. My wife has a co-worker that comes to work so sick, hacking over everything, and eventually getting my wife, myself, and our baby all sick. Meanwhile, this co-worker racks up all her vacation days and then decides to randomly call in a vacation day without notice, leaving my wife double the workload for the day, and usually works 3 hours more that day. This whole cycle usually happens 3-5 times a year. Your employer gives you days off so you dont come to work and get everyone else sick. It inhibits productivity and gets others sick. It doesnt help that her employer doesnt enforce this, but I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!:angry::stickbeat::angry:

You know what? Thats a rant I've had for a while. My wife has a co-worker that comes to work so sick, hacking over everything, and eventually getting my wife, myself, and our baby all sick. Meanwhile, this co-worker racks up all her vacation days and then decides to randomly call in a vacation day without notice, leaving my wife double the workload for the day, and usually works 3 hours more that day. This whole cycle usually happens 3-5 times a year. Your employer gives you days off so you dont come to work and get everyone else sick. It inhibits productivity and gets others sick. It doesnt help that her employer doesnt enforce this, but I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!:angry::stickbeat::angry:

i work in an office with someone similar to that.....but to drop your sick kid off at daycare? that iritates me.

i work in an office with someone similar to that.....but to drop your sick kid off at daycare? that iritates me.

Fortunately, we found a daycare that will not accept a sick kid, and will send a kid home if they develop something during the day. Heck, I dont mind spending a day home with my kid if I know he's not going to pass it to someone else, who then passes it back to him... just rude

Fortunately, we found a daycare that will not accept a sick kid, and will send a kid home if they develop something during the day. Heck, I dont mind spending a day home with my kid if I know he's not going to pass it to someone else, who then passes it back to him... just rude

well, this daycare isn't supposed to take sick kids and to be fair to them, i'm sure it's hard to spot a stomach bug upon first arrival. According to the director, she tried calling the mother all day demanding that she come get her child and she never picked up, just showed up at the end of the day.

I really don't mind being at home with Foster either, and I certainly don't like passing things on to the other kids in his school.

well, so far we've gotten through the day without major incident. Claire-your post was hilarious b/c that's pretty much what happened. Seems as though the vomitting is over and now coming out of his arse.

i appreciate all the well wishes from you guys.

Ah--nothing compares to projectile poop!

My kids are 27 months apart, and when Boo Girl was born, The Kid was wearing size 5 diapers. I still remember the day I had her out, needed to change her, and had nothing in the bag but his diapers. The result was pretty comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back