Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah--nothing compares to projectile poop!

My kids are 27 months apart, and when Boo Girl was born, The Kid was wearing size 5 diapers. I still remember the day I had her out, needed to change her, and had nothing in the bag but his diapers. The result was pretty comical.

LOL! your story reminded me of our doctors visit two weeks ago. the wifey's finishing her degree so she has a daily commute so i had to take foster in for his 15 month checkup and shots. We load up, drive to the doctor and in the waiting room i notice he does his little poop routine (he finds a nice quiet spot, squats, and stares blankly for about a minute). the smell's awful and we get called back to the observation rooms. it's there that i realize that the diaper bag is in the wifey's car. the nurse brings in a pair of "pull-ups". they were a bit large.

after the check up i took him to school and his teacher died laughing when she saw him. what else is there to do? no way i'd let him go starkers, that's too dangerous at this age.

Here's mine. Home over christmas, Ashton is 6 months old, and teething. Consequently, poop is very, very runny. Despite my many repeated objections, Grandma (my mom) insists on changing him on the living room floor, and on the couch, without any "protection" underneath. The next day, I'm sitting in the living room chatting with my dad, and we hear this screech followed by laughter from downstairs. Sure enough, Grandma was changing Ashton and right between diapers he decided to let 'er blow. Needless to say, everything within 3 feet "downyonder" was covered, including grandma's arm. Apparently Grandma was laughing so hard that Ashton started laughing, which caused more "aftershocks", causing more laughter... you get the picture. Fortunately, the incident happened on the changing table. Anyways, coming up the stairs, Grandma stated that she now understood the grounds for my objections. :D

Here's mine. Home over christmas, Ashton is 6 months old, and teething. Consequently, poop is very, very runny. Despite my many repeated objections, Grandma (my mom) insists on changing him on the living room floor, and on the couch, without any "protection" underneath. The next day, I'm sitting in the living room chatting with my dad, and we hear this screech followed by laughter from downstairs. Sure enough, Grandma was changing Ashton and right between diapers he decided to let 'er blow. Needless to say, everything within 3 feet "downyonder" was covered, including grandma's arm. Apparently Grandma was laughing so hard that Ashton started laughing, which caused more "aftershocks", causing more laughter... you get the picture. Fortunately, the incident happened on the changing table. Anyways, coming up the stairs, Grandma stated that she now understood the grounds for my objections. :D

HAHA! sounds like Ashton has the plan to convert Grandma to a more new-age diaper changer. You do realize that people who don't have kids that read these past few posts might dry heave?

HAHA! sounds like Ashton has the plan to convert Grandma to a more new-age diaper changer. You do realize that people who don't have kids that read these past few posts might dry heave?

Hehehe, might keep them from having kids a while longer. But they dont know what they're missing! I love being a daddy! :banana:

LOL! your story reminded me of our doctors visit two weeks ago. the wifey's finishing her degree so she has a daily commute so i had to take foster in for his 15 month checkup and shots. We load up, drive to the doctor and in the waiting room i notice he does his little poop routine (he finds a nice quiet spot, squats, and stares blankly for about a minute). the smell's awful and we get called back to the observation rooms. it's there that i realize that the diaper bag is in the wifey's car. the nurse brings in a pair of "pull-ups". they were a bit large.

after the check up i took him to school and his teacher died laughing when she saw him. what else is there to do? no way i'd let him go starkers, that's too dangerous at this age.

Really is that safe at any age? :laughing: The joys I have to look forward to when we bring into this world a little bogeyme. Lord help us that he doesn't get his mother's hard head.

Really is that safe at any age? :laughing: The joys I have to look forward to when we bring into this world a little bogeyme. Lord help us that he doesn't get his mother's hard head.

like sacul said, it's the most rewarding thing i've ever done. not the easiest, but it's so worth it.

we have some friends that let their little one run around and just "go" whenever, wherever he feels like it. honestly, it's quite disturbing, but it's fitting in asheville.

I'm so sorry I read this thread. :banghead:

Okay, one more from me, and then I'll rant.

Boo Girl was just shy of two; The Kid had turned four. I had them in the bath together. Boo Girl climbed out of the tub, pushed her brother's step stool over to the toilet, stood on it, opened the lid, and proud as could be peed down her leg. I thought toilet training her would be easy after that. Wrong.

Rant: My swing evaluation at Golftec tomorrow got canceled, because the instructor is sick. We're trying to reschedule for late Monday afternoon, but I was really looking forward to this.

It leaves me more time over the weekend to draft the report and edit the newsletter I'm supposed to get done. Grrr.

And people wonder why we kidless people passed!

don't worry smalls, i have it in the will that if something happens to me or the missus you get Foster. I think having him in the midwest would do him some good.

Just wait a few decades; you and Jacqui wiill be there together.
I hope it's the far end of a few decades!

don't worry smalls, i have it in the will that if something happens to me or the missus you get Foster. I think having him in the midwest would do him some good.
That's really OK TC. But just in case make sure nothing happens until he's out of high school please!

That's really OK TC. But just in case make sure nothing happens until he's out of high school please!

i'll see what i can do there for ya.:D

Don't laugh too hard MO, you've dealt with the kids, and later you'll deal with the wife! :D

I've got a projectile poop story from when we brought our first lovely daughter home from the hospital. I'll have to tell it to you next time we're on the course.:D

Ummm, I'm looking forward to it? :D

I forgot to take care of something.

Dangit!

Here is mine. I am working a trade show for one of my manufacturer's in Salt lake city and the trade show inflated attendance numbers so I am sitting here and just paid $15 for internet for 6 hours cause I am so bored. :angry:

My Outlook is possessed. It is sending personal emails from my work account and vice versa. I also sent 5 emails to the wrong people and one was for work. Ugh!

My Outlook is possessed. It is sending personal emails from my work account and vice versa. I also sent 5 emails to the wrong people and one was for work. Ugh!

I've had pretty much the same thing happen ever since Comcast migrated me to this Outlook exchange thing.

I've had pretty much the same thing happen ever since Comcast migrated me to this Outlook exchange thing.

I was very embarassed when someone asked me who someone copied on the email I sent to her was. I was even more embarassed when a business associate asked why on earth I had sent her the file I sent.

That could be very dangerous Diane! I would be very, very pissed.:angry:

I was very embarassed when someone asked me who someone copied on the email I sent to her was. I was even more embarassed when a business associate asked why on earth I had sent her the file I sent.

Several viruses attach themselves to your e-mail and send out malicious messages to propogate themselves. You may have a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back