My new hybrid- Cleveland Launcher DST

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Heres a few pictures of my new Cleveland Launcher DST 3H. Absolutley crushed it on the launch monitor. And the head cover is a thing of beauty. Love that it actually has velcro to secure it.

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Awesome stuff Kevin. I am currently reviewing that exact same club and am getting the same thoughts that you are. I am absolutely crushing it. It may cause me to take my 5 wood out of my bag if this one stays in.

Speaking of the headcover, I have seen a few pictures of the new staff bag that is modeled after this headcover.

Very nice Kevin! Sweet.

Nice looking club, I'm waiting for the local shop to get one in LH'd so I can give it a go. Who knows maybe they'll replace my Adams which I've been gaming for a few years.

Very nice Kevin. Let us know how she compares on the course.

Looking forward to playing this one eventually. It really hit nice in the store. Just had a nice hot face, ball seemed to really jump off it.

Congrats on your new purchase Kevin.

Looking forward to playing this one eventually. It really hit nice in the store. Just had a nice hot face, ball seemed to really jump off it.

I felt the exact same about the new Launcher driver as well. The guys in the golf store couldn't stop talking about it. I hit it as well and it is HOT.

those headcovers are nice, and will hold up well

I've had a cleveland hybrid in my bag for at least 3 years and the thing still looks new

I may have to try this DST out!

Id recommend it. They are really really nice clubs! I love the headcover.

It is a very sweet feeling club.
I've been hitting the 4h at my local shop (the only one that's not wrapped) and trying to decide on which loft(s) to get. My Burner irons have kind of wacked my yardages on that end of the bag.

Id recommend it. They are really really nice clubs! I love the headcover.

Have you hit any of the hibore or previous launcher hybrids? Just curious as to how your numbers were compared to them.

Have you hit any of the hibore or previous launcher hybrids? Just curious as to how your numbers were compared to them.

I like the looks of the hibore hybrids ( no suprise as they look just like my driver and woods) I havent hit them yet.. lord knows if I did that would lead to another purchase I might not need to make :D

Actually I havent. My Cleveland wedges were my first with Cleveland and since Ive added the Niblick in 42 and 56*, the DST driver and DST Hybrid. So I guess Im pretty impressed with their new stuff.

Do you prefer your 3H now over a 3-I or 3-W? :confused2:

Yes I prefer the 3H over the 3I as I feel its much easier to hit with success. The 3W I'll still carry as thats a different beast. The hybrid is the iron replacement, atleast for me.

Do you prefer your 3H now over a 3-I or 3-W? :confused2:

I know I find the 3h to be easier to hit than the 3i. The 3h is more comparable to the 5w in terms of loft angle.

I have a 3-W and finally am comfortable hitting it off the tee and in the fairway, FINALLY!! So pretty much the 3-H can substitute the 3-I then!!

Woods are their own kind, but can you substitute irons with hybrids? :confused2: I guess it just depends on what you like!

I have a 3-W and finally am comfortable hitting it off the tee and in the fairway, FINALLY!! So pretty much the 3-H can substitute the 3-I then!!

Woods are their own kind, but can you substitute irons with hybrids? :confused2: I guess it just depends on what you like!

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've experienced and been told by others, hybrids are easier to hit than the long irons (3i, 4i, ...). Hybrids have more mass and a lower center of gravity to help launch the ball higher and farther than a typical iron shot.

Woods are kinda their own beast but can be replaced by hybrids with some research. They aren't exactly just swap out and ready to go fixes. Plus, the swing for woods are more sweeping where hybrid and iron swings are a bit more upright.

I have yet to hit the Launcher DST.. I'm hoping to try one out this spring.

So far all the DST's hit very very nice. I love the 3H. Crushed it at the store and hit it pretty darn well the one time it was warm enough to hit the range. Might even look at the 3W.

I have hit both the DST and XLS hybrids. I LOVE the DST driver, but hybrid wise, I was hitting the XLS hybrids(3, 4), Further and straighter than the DST hybrids. BOTH are very good clubs, but I am now keeping my XLS 4hybrid, and I just purchased the 3hybrid.

Next time I get up to the shop, I am goin to compare the XLS and DST fairway woods.

I have hit both the DST and XLS hybrids. I LOVE the DST driver, but hybrid wise, I was hitting the XLS hybrids(3, 4), Further and straighter than the DST hybrids. BOTH are very good clubs, but I am now keeping my XLS 4hybrid, and I just purchased the 3hybrid.

Next time I get up to the shop, I am goin to compare the XLS and DST fairway woods.

Very interested to see how you make out with that. I have found the XLS to be the best FW I have ever hit. But strangely I didn't like the XLS hybrids at all. I actually hit the standard Xli hybrid-irons better. Still looking for that perfect hybrid at #3 and #4.. maybe those 5dx Nickents on the way will be the ticket for me!

I know from address I prefer the looks of the XLS fairway wood. So i cant wait to try both :)

Back