Cleaning Black Golf Shoes

This reminds me, I really should clean my golf shoes :D

I heard back from Ecco - they are going to send cleaning supplies for me to try. Fingers crossed.

I heard back from Ecco - they are going to send cleaning supplies for me to try. Fingers crossed.

Kudos to Ecco, that's great to hear!!

The shoe cleaner that Ecco sent to me is amazing. My shoes look great - the white trim is now a bright white again.

The shoe cleaner that Ecco sent to me is amazing. My shoes look great - the white trim is now a bright white again.

Post a picture of these shoes. I'm trying to get J.L. into a pair of snappy shoes, but she won't give up her casual athletic shoe style. She dresses cute, but won't wear sharp shoes.

Kevin

Post a picture of these shoes. I'm trying to get J.L. into a pair of snappy shoes, but she won't give up her casual athletic shoe style. She dresses cute, but won't wear sharp shoes.

Kevin

I'm a lot older than Jr. is so I don't think she'd want to dress like me. Here are the shoes - these aren't mine - just a random photo of them.

EccoShoe.jpg

everyone will cringe when i say this....

i use windex. and a toothbrush. i've done it for years. and when you sit in the pro shop for hours on end....it's handy.

everyone will cringe when i say this....

i use windex. and a toothbrush. i've done it for years. and when you sit in the pro shop for hours on end....it's handy.

Windex is a great cleaner for synthetic leathers and even real leathers. However it dries out the materials a lot, so you may want to put some kind of protectant on them afterwards. Even the car quick detailing wipes you can pick up from any store as long as they are for leather will work.

:whew: What a relief! Congratulations!

Windex is a great cleaner for synthetic leathers and even real leathers. However it dries out the materials a lot, so you may want to put some kind of protectant on them afterwards. Even the car quick detailing wipes you can pick up from any store as long as they are for leather will work.

yeah. i keep a tub of CPR in office and we all slap it on our shoes after we're done windexing. so all leather surfaces in the shop are covered.

oxyclean/brush/dry towel/armourall leather wipes

I'm a lot older than Jr. is so I don't think she'd want to dress like me. Here are the shoes - these aren't mine - just a random photo of them.

EccoShoe.jpg

That is a very nice looking pair of shoes. You're right, though, at twelve I think she wants something that looks a little more speedy.

Kevin

Re: Cleaning Black Golf Shoes

Esox said:
That is a very nice looking pair of shoes. You're right, though, at twelve I think she wants something that looks a little more speedy.

Kevin

adidas makes a black slip on with silver stripes that is quite speedy. and very comfy.

adidas makes a black slip on with silver stripes that is quite speedy. and very comfy.

I think she likes that, but it may be a different color. I know she's not adverse to one style of Adidas. She loves the tennis shoe type Nike pair she has and has not become really fashion conscious on the golf course. That's fine and less expensive, but she's so darn cute I'm hoping she wants to style it up a little for a couple tournaments this year. She is growing her hair out so she can do some pony tails and bows and stuff.

Of course, when it comes to clothes for school, she and her mother will discuss a stupid graphic tee shirt for 45 minutes. I usually fall asleep in a chair in the middle of the mall, and end up being nudged awake by Paul Blart.

Kevin

Re: Cleaning Black Golf Shoes

you're that guy I always see asleep in hollister aren't you??

i am having significant golf shoe issues so I am franticly looking for new styles.

it's a constant quest.

Kevin

I prefer the athletic style myself, so does my wife. No way would she ever wear something like those. They may look great with your outfits however.

Kevin

I usually go for a more traditional looking golf shoe. I don't like the ones that look like sneakers, but then again - I don't like sneakers in general.

Diane-Is this a Ecco brand cleaner or is it something we could find retail?

Diane-Is this a Ecco brand cleaner or is it something we could find retail?

It's the Ecco brand - Golf/Outdoor Footwear Cleaner. I looked and they sell it on their website.

Thank you

I usually go for a more traditional looking golf shoe. I don't like the ones that look like sneakers, but then again - I don't like sneakers in general.

I'm with you on the more traditional looking golf shoe. I do have the Nike Vapor Lites, but that is as athletic as I get and those are only for shorts.

I own a pair of sneakers, but have worn them once. I know it cuts against the grain, but I prefer crocs with jeans or shorts for casual wear. I've got some great looking crocs, including some lace up black ones.

Back