When is it time for new clubs?

I use 20 year old Ping Eye 2 irons. I have 4 newer sets, Bridgestone GC Midsize, Calloway Big Berthas, PIng Zing 2's and Nickent CB's. I use these other sets occasionally but always go back to the older Pings

I don't think there is a better cb iron out there.

I do think technology has really improved drivers and fairway woods, but irons not much if at all.

when my current clubs get pretty beat up ill think about replacing them... but right now i really like my clubs even if they are a few yrs old... i only got these cuz my other set i lost a 9i on the course and nobody returned it :(... i couldnt find a replacement

I use 20 year old Ping Eye 2 irons. I have 4 newer sets, Bridgestone GC Midsize, Calloway Big Berthas, PIng Zing 2's and Nickent CB's. I use these other sets occasionally but always go back to the older Pings

I don't think there is a better cb iron out there.

I do think technology has really improved drivers and fairway woods, but irons not much if at all.
hey i see in your sig they're becu too...lucky dog.I like playing mine too but they're just s/s + no +'s

hey i see in your sig they're becu too...lucky dog.I like playing mine too but they're just s/s + no +'s

I really like them and they still look good. I just like the feel and the feedback I get from them. I have the sw and lw also but I just bought the Cleveland CG15 and a Niblick due to the reviews on this site. This site has cost me some dollars. LOL

I haven't used either of them yet, waiting for some decent weather.

i think its about time right now... altho there's nothing wrong with the set i have now... well except the wedges... need to get some pregroove change new ones

Do you trade your clubs? Does it need to be full sets or can you trade individual clubs? Golfsmith has their trade program but I think it has to be complete iron sets and the drivers and other clubs have to be worth a decent amount before they will even consider it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Clubs will last that long?

I still have a TM Tour Driver that I bought in 1987 or 88. The last set of irons before my AP-2's I used for about 7 or 8 years. Keep them clean, change the grips annually, they will serve you well for years, until your swing improvement dictates that a change is necessary. If you only have a starter half set, then replacement for them might come sooner because of the need to close those gaps between the clubs.

Do you trade your clubs? Does it need to be full sets or can you trade individual clubs? Golfsmith has their trade program but I think it has to be complete iron sets and the drivers and other clubs have to be worth a decent amount before they will even consider it.

I don't worry about trade in. I keep my irons long enough that there simply isn't much value left. Even with just normal use, the wear and tear of hitting a ball off the ground from lots of strange places is going to create battle scars on them.

If this doesn't happen to your clubs, then you aren't having nearly as much fun at golf as I do. :laughing:

I have battle scars with my clubs. I have chunks of metal missing on my clubs and tons of scratches already! I have been getting good use out of them :good:

I have battle scars with my clubs. I have chunks of metal missing on my clubs and tons of scratches already! I have been getting good use out of them :good:

Chunks of metal? LOL! Have you been pitching out of the rock gardens? How big are these chunks?

i should trade clubs in... but when i need new clubs... the clubs arent worth the trade

For Kevin its always time for new clubs! I tend to turn on my clubs real easy when I dont play well. And I like to have options if I lose confidence in one club.

Back