Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have huge storm clouds over the city. Its supposed to rain later. Winds are supposed to be 30-45MPH sustained with gusts over 60 by tonight. Tomorrow is going to be just as wicked but it should clear up before my tournament on Saturday.

We're having hail and wicked thunderstorms :(

How big is the hail? The only time I saw hail in California, it was almost the size of sleet!

How big is the hail? The only time I saw hail in California, it was almost the size of sleet!

Not too big, thank goodness as my car is parked outside :( But its about the size of a pencil eraser!! Its just collecting in the driveway so its like ice pellets all over the place!!

Re: Official Golfing Weather Thread

This weather is killing me!! Was supposed to play tomorrow but it's looking like that's not an option.

I just looked at my gps and confirmed I do live in California. What the heck is happening here? I liked it much better when the rest of the country was freezing and it was 75 and sunny here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this grousing from the people who spend their summers worrying about wildfires! Count your blessings, folks--you need a water table.

Arizona is a mess. Blizzard in the mountains above my house, it is actually raining down here in the valley and they tell me there is more to come. Hopefully, it will all be gone by tomorrow morning but its not looking good. Tournament at 9 tomorrow but the course is around 3800 ft and they are predicting the snow line will be around 4000...too close for my comfort.

OK, I am officially bummed. I have not touched a club since last Sunday. Listening to the local weather, it looks like today and tomorrow are going to be nasty. That is a full week of staring out the window and getting mad. Enough is enough. I know all of you who face even worse and longer weather delays are probably thinking how good I have it and you are right. Remember that you are accustomed to this, living in AZ, I am not.

snows ifnally thawed out in scotland (well glasgow area anyways) so im going to get my first round of golf in 5 weeks tomorrow...hopefully it doesnt rain..:D

its raining again... they forecast sunday to be in the mid 60's

snows ifnally thawed out in scotland (well glasgow area anyways) so im going to get my first round of golf in 5 weeks tomorrow...hopefully it doesnt rain..:D

Have a good round Br1an! And congrats on post #100!

100.jpg

LOL, thanks smallville

I'm playing indoors on the sim today. I'm looking forward to it.

Looks like plenty of sunshine in Mississippi, temp in the upper 60's, if I don't play, I will at least go to the range.

It really looks gloomy out there today. We're not supposed to get a lot of rain, just a little, but it looks like it could come down in buckets all day long.

Finally, SUNSHINE!!! We have had days and days of weird weather, brought to us by California. I blame all this on Golf Chick, she sent it here.

Today, the sun is shining after a night of rain. I am playing in a tournament. All is right with the world. :joy:

Finally, SUNSHINE!!! We have had days and days of weird weather, brought to us by California. I blame all this on Golf Chick, she sent it here.

Today, the sun is shining after a night of rain. I am playing in a tournament. All is right with the world. :joy:

Glad to hear it CT. We have been going through the same thing and we have gorgeous weather today. 78 and sunny. Hopefully Mr. Longshanks does not bring any rain to us today upon his arrival.

it was really sunny this morning... dunno what happened... but its like 42° out...
tomorrow its supposed to get to 68°

It's a "Leslie Gore" day around here finally. Might have to hit the range...if it's open. :clapp:

I think we are done with rain but only for the weekend. Another spout of rain coming on Monday! Hopefully we can get in some golf while the sun is out!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Not exactly golf, but I figured if I'm going to GolfTec (now on Monday), I'd better go outside and swing in the backyard. 35 degrees, but it felt great.

I'm glad we played indoors. We could have played outdoors - it was above freezing, but it was so much nicer to be inside. Although - I'd really like to hit off of real grass. I miss that.

Glad to hear it CT. We have been going through the same thing and we have gorgeous weather today. 78 and sunny. Hopefully Mr. Longshanks does not bring any rain to us today upon his arrival.

Northwesterners always bring rain with them. If they stay in dry weather too long their feet lose the webs.:D

el nino sucks*

el nino sucks*

Today was the first in the last 7 it didn't rain. And of course it's a weekend (I can only get out during the week).

* of course, noone should be complaining about not being able to play in January =)

I am going to arrange a round for this afternoon within the hour. Our weather should be almost perfect.High of 55 and I did some shopping yesterday. Got a new sweater and slacks for just such a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back