Harry's PGA Show Travelogue

We do not live in Tampa anymore. That would be quite a hike from South of Sarasota.

You guys can always stop by post show. It's not that far from IDrive.

You guys can always stop by post show. It's not that far from IDrive.

Dinners with club companies each night will most likely nix that idea. But good food, good drinks, and good company, is always a great time

Have a good time Harry and a safe trip. Remember your sun screen?

Atlanta layover five star cuisine.

photo-33.jpg

Oh, and I'm WAY too old for cougars.

I guess we dont need to take Harry to dinner tonight. We may want to eat now. hehe

I guess we dont need to take Harry to dinner tonight. We may want to eat now. hehe

In left coast time, that was lunch.

Last edited:
Dinners with club companies each night will most likely nix that idea. But good food, good drinks, and good company, is always a great time

Well I guess there goes that... too bad though, because if the Golf Channel ever did a Top 10 Tiger pickup joints it would have ranked right up there and you could've said, "I've been there."

Surely he's gotten there by now?

Yep. We went out to dinner in Venice straight from the airport. Good pub food. Stuffed myself silly with a Cuban. Not losing that Christmas weight anytime soon.

I promptly crashed as soon as we got back to Chateau d'THP. (By the way, the various photos that JB and GG have posted on the forum don't do their house justice. "Really nice" is a huge understatement. ) Thought I could watch a little golf Channel to keep me awake so I didn't fall asleep too early. Yeah, not so much. Woke up 5 hours later with all the lights on (hence the late night posting before I crash again.) I thought about sneaking around the house and taking some blackmail photos, but I haven't found anything incriminating yet. Darn it! (You don't think JB and GG will read this do you?)

I think Sunday is driver testing, which should be interesting because, as I posted elsewhere, I am struggling mightily with my driver right now. I had a lesson on Thursday and my pro had me fixed during my lesson but, of course, I haven't replicated those results on my own yet. Hopefully some driver testing will help me regroove my driver swing.

Oh, and JB has more models of golf shoes than some stores I've seen . . . like, ya know, Dick's Sports! :D

Harry is a true gentleman in person and we are honored to have him as part of team THP for the 2010 PGA Show. Thank you for the compliments on the home. We like it here so far and we are glad it will serve you well for the next couple of days before heading to Orlando for the show.

Last edited:
Glad you made it Harry! I know coming thru Atlanta was not a picnic.

Glad you got there safely. Great reports so far. I am looking forward to our voyeuristic view of your trip. The ruggedness of the trip may be a good omen.... someone spent 40 years in a desert before reaching the promised land.

Keep those reports coming.

Glad to see you made it to Castle THP Harry. Have fun at the driver challange and down in Orlando. Keep posting the pictures.

Glad to see you made it to Castle THP Harry. Have fun at the driver challange and down in Orlando. Keep posting the pictures.

THP castle :rofl: Good one WR. I immediatly think of Hugh Hefners mansion, lol.

Harry is a true gentleman in person and we are honored to have him as part of team THP for the 2010 PGA Show. Thank you for the compliments on the home. We like it here so far and we are glad it will serve you well for the next couple of days before heading to Orlando for the show.

JB is absolutely right. Harry is even nicer then I thought he would be we are so pleased to have him with us as a part of Team THP. I do feel a little bad for the guy because he quickly realized that quite GG on the forum is nothing like me in person I don't shut up. I think it took him by surprise a bit haha.

We just finished demoing all the drivers and now the boys are off to the course and Harry has 2 drivers with him that are the top contenders, he wanted to get some real play with them before he makes his final decision. It was cloudy this morning but it's clearing up nicely and it's about 75* and breezy, should be a good time for them.

Lol to Harry trying to find blackmail pics, unfortunately we are incredibly boring and don't really have anything too exciting to incriminate us.

THP castle :rofl: Good one WR. I immediatly think of Hugh Hefners mansion, lol.

I am not sure Heff is into golf so the collection of golf stuff wont be there. I think I could make the sacrafice and I am sure I might fine other things there that would keep my attention. :banana::alien2:

Does Ellie like Harry? I bet she's a good judge of character, hehe

Does Ellie like Harry? I bet she's a good judge of character, hehe

It's really funny you ask that because we have always said if Ellie likes someone we know they are good people. Every person she has not cared for have turned out to be people we later do not care for. When she first met Harry she didn't even bark at him and within a minute she was jumping up on his leg so he could pet her. That confirmed it for us that he is definitely a great guy.

Good job Ellie! Wonder if Harry has that problem a lot with the ladies? (jumping on his leg).

Oreo is currious of everyone, but will stay away from everyone except us. In the seven years I've known him he's actually seemed to like two people that came over. A co-worker of Liz who stopped by and a cable guy, lol.

Sounds like you are all having a great time. Here is the pick I want, all of JB's golf shoes with all of his golf bags!

Sounds like you are all having a great time. Here is the pick I want, all of JB's golf shoes with all of his golf bags!

I can get you a pick of his golf shoes and a separate pick of his golf bags but I can't put them together. The bags stay in the house the shoes out. Well except for the crazy THP Footjoy Icons that we made thos are on display in the house.

Update: I added pictures below.

The crazy THP Shoes:
772273401_Y44Dm-L.jpg

These are not all his shoes but here are most of them:
772273379_jCf9T-L.jpg

These are mine (minus 2 pink pair on a different shoe rack):
772273423_zd8dC-L.jpg

The bag room:
772273445_5bHPh-L.jpg

Back