DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a fun time. How do you know which courses are private? Or do you just have to know that?

A couple of the more local ones around Richmond I know, but I end up googling them and look at the websites

It sucks that 95% of these are weekday events. I guess I can still dream that one day I will be retired and still able to play...

This is true, but I can't think of a better way to use up a couple random days of vacation time. I'm 36, so definitely not retiring anytime myself. I went to a few of these last year, I'd say about half the people were seniors, and the other have 20's-40's and just taking a day off.

For you VSGA members, the one-day tourneys opened up today for booking. Pretty good lineup and some new courses added from last year. I personally love these, and try to sign up for as many private courses that I otherwise would have no means to try out. For $56, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

http://vsga.org/competitions/event-schedule/#one-day

These sound great. Am relatively new in area and just got a mailer from VSGA. Thinkin' I may need to join.
thanks for informative post and link.

Anyone going to the golf show this weekend in Chantilly at the expo center? I am going to try and go this Saturday if I am not working.

Anyone going to the golf show this weekend in Chantilly at the expo center? I am going to try and go this Saturday if I am not working.

I was going to but I have class on Saturday. It was cool to walk around last year. Would have been cool to do a little THP meet up.

I may head down to check it out. Something to do

You guys should have grabbed your skates and played a little hockey with me today.

jypytara.jpg

You guys should have grabbed your skates and played a little hockey with me today.

jypytara.jpg

as they say in the movies (and poem) - "you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din"

I'm stayin' inside 'til I leave for FL on Saturday :)

as they say in the movies (and poem) - "you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din"

I'm stayin' inside 'til I leave for FL on Saturday :)

Haha yeah I would be doing the same just something about being able to skate freely that I can't pass up. Hockey was my first sport

I normally go out there, but I am going out of town this weekend.

I usually go on Friday before everyone picks over all the good stuff.

To be honest, I never really find any great deals on clubs there. Maybe before the internet you could, but last time I went in 2012 you could get better prices on the internet.

To be honest, I never really find any great deals on clubs there. Maybe before the internet you could, but last time I went in 2012 you could get better prices on the internet.

In person with cash waving in my hand I can get the price down under what the bay charges. And you also get to fully inspect the item =)

Here is a photo I took in the fall of hole 4 at Laurel Hill. I meant to post it a long time ago but forgot.

It is a downhill par 3 that ranges from 109-188 yards depending on what tee you play from.

guba8u2a.jpg

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

In person with cash waving in my hand I can get the price down under what the bay charges. And you also get to fully inspect the item =)

Good idea. Next time I go I will try the barter route.

Here is a photo I took in the fall of hole 4 at Laurel Hill. I meant to post it a long time ago but forgot.

It is a downhill par 3 that ranges from 109-188 yards depending on what tee you play from.

Neat! Beautiful hole and fall colors. Are you taking pic from tee box??

went last year and looked like more vendors hawking golf trips and such than actual equipment.
I did look at exhibitor list for this one and looked like RockBottom was not signed up this year?

Yes. I am at the tee box...around 150 yards out.

Nice. Must be fun when they drop the hole in the front, left :excruciating:
i really need to get myself over to Lorton this spring.

went last year and looked like more vendors hawking golf trips and such than actual equipment.
I did look at exhibitor list for this one and looked like RockBottom was not signed up this year?

I haven't been in several years for that reason, just nothing I found of interest.

That said on a cold January day it's probably better than walking around some store with my fiancé.:)

I bought a trip to Williamsburg there around three years ago. I thought it was a good deal.

I haven't been in several years for that reason, just nothing I found of interest.

That said on a cold January day it's probably better than walking around some store with my fiancé.:)

This is usually why I end up going.

I bought a trip to Williamsburg there around three years ago. I thought it was a good deal.

Yeah that is a good thing as we'll. Being in the hotel industry I usually can do better on my own than going with the package route. But you are correct that there are many resorts there offering deals and contests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New member from Maryland, just wanted to throw my name in the hat. Subscribed and will keep tabs on this one. Glad to see there's a lot around.

New member from Maryland, just wanted to throw my name in the hat. Subscribed and will keep tabs on this one. Glad to see there's a lot around.
welcome aboard. keep checking in as we get toward spring, as I suspect we'll be trying to get a few of us together to play occasionally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back