Taylormade XFT Wedge

I thought some of you would like to see a short video of the new Taylormade XFT TOUR wedge found on the Taylormade Tour Van. You will notice the red in the back rather than black indicating "tour".

You will hear Mike Weir in the background.

Last edited:
that was awesome! thanks for sharing the video. tc likes video!

looks like i'll have to stay around the office a little longer today then. i love how thp is starting to dictate my work schedule.

I read that Retief Goosen was the first PGA player to request a face change to an XFT wedge between tourneys.

I would enjoy that. The face of my wedges always wear down before I am ready to get rid of the club; something like this would allow me to keep the comfort of the club (but with a facelift).

I read that Retief Goosen was the first PGA player to request a face change to an XFT wedge between tourneys.

I would enjoy that. The face of my wedges always wear down before I am ready to get rid of the club; something like this would allow me to keep the comfort of the club (but with a facelift).

He was this year. However Sergio did it last year quite a bit when he was testing them.

For those that missed it, here is the video again of the tour version.

Retail.

is there any difference between the retail and the tour version other then the face????

Did you watch the video above your post? The backing is a different color.

Yea, awesome video. I am just really curious because I just got a supposed tour wedge and face plate has zt on it, not ztp. It also has no t serial or any serial number on it. Thanks JB

Yea, awesome video. I am just really curious because I just got a supposed tour wedge and face plate has zt on it, not ztp. It also has no t serial or any serial number on it. Thanks JB

ZT and ZTP are just the two different grooves they make. That does not make it tour issue. The red backing means it is tour issue.

I really haven't noticed any wear and tear on my cg15 yet, but that's only after a couple of rounds......For someone that golfs a good amount how soon do they recommend you buy new wedges to keep them fresh for us amatures?

Many replace their wedges yearly because of wear.

That opens up another question. If you were to buy these XFT wedges, which faceplate would you purchase?

That opens up another question. If you were to buy these XFT wedges, which faceplate would you purchase?

I would probably purchase both, but in all honesty, I would likely play non-conforming a bit more often. All my playing partners would still have their non-conforming wedges, so no harm no foul.

I don't play a whole lot of tournaments, so that is not my biggest concern in regard to grooves.

I don't play in tourneys either so I would definitely use the non-conforming grooves. What ever give's me the best spin and is legal is what's in my bag.

I don't play in tourneys either so I would definitely use the non-conforming grooves. What ever give's me the best spin and is legal is what's in my bag.

I agree with you on this one.

Got a chance to play around with these again over the last few days and I still love the technology behind it in a lot of ways. Stay tuned for some cool news with the xFT coming soon to our THP Forum.

I'm really liking the look of these wedges alot. When I first saw pictures of them, I wasn't really that high on them but they've grown on me big time. I really like the idea of being able to swap out the face for a new one when it gets worn down rather than having to buy a new wedge.

Ryan

I saw a 56* at GS over the weekend. Looked and felt nice. I am glad TM has added some lofts/bounce options. How soon before the rest are out?

Mid March is what we are hearing right now.

Back