SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I have been discussing my latest obsession with golf shoes and wanted to share that my new Ecco World Class GTX (Black) arrived today and man are they sweet. These feel even better than the others. The advertisement from Eccos even says that Birdies and Eagles are coming my way when wearing these shoes. cant wait for that to happen :act-up: I hope I get some eagles (dollar bills) back b/c these suckers were not cheap, but they sure feel worth it. Heck, with my game on the golf course I will be happy with a par here and there.

Enjoy your new pair of shoes and may it bring you more birdies and eagles :)

I have been discussing my latest obsession with golf shoes and wanted to share that my new Ecco World Class GTX (Black) arrived today and man are they sweet. These feel even better than the others. The advertisement from Eccos even says that Birdies and Eagles are coming my way when wearing these shoes. cant wait for that to happen :act-up: I hope I get some eagles (dollar bills) back b/c these suckers were not cheap, but they sure feel worth it. Heck, with my game on the golf course I will be happy with a par here and there.

As far as I'm concerned they make the best golf shoes on the planet. No oen else is even close.

The advertisement from Eccos even says that Birdies and Eagles are coming my way when wearing these shoes.

That sounds like a fortune cookie. I like Eccos too - I have a few pairs. They are really comfy.

As far as I'm concerned they make the best golf shoes on the planet. No oen else is even close.

I am the exact opposite. I used to believe they had the best shoes, but since the director of golf left 2 years ago, I think their shoes have gone down hill in a hurry. Just my opinion of course, but we have a few pairs on their way for review, so we shall see what is changing for 2010.

Re: Ecco Shoes Yeah!

mrslate63 said:

I used to be an Ecco fanboy :cough: girl :cough: until they did away with my traditional wing-tipped buckles. 2008-2009 has been gawd awful. They're all 'techie' and 'euro' styled.

all I flipping want is a white pebble grain saddle?? is that too much to ask?? apparently....it is.

I used to be an Ecco fanboy :cough: girl :cough: until they did away with my traditional wing-tipped buckles. 2008-2009 has been gawd awful. They're all 'techie' and 'euro' styled.

I count myself among the former Ecco fanboys too. Ecco Flexor was my shoe of choice. Narrow heel and wide forefoot with classic styling = perfect shoe for me. But the past 2 seasons have seen the Flexor line turn into a sporty styled shoe instead of a classic styling. I am not happy. Sporty looking shoes are ok for shorts and polos, but when I wear pants, I want shoes that look like nice shoes that just happen to have spikes. Not sneakerish shoes.

I count myself among the former Ecco fanboys too. Ecco Flexor was my shoe of choice. Narrow heel and wide forefoot with classic styling = perfect shoe for me. But the past 2 seasons have seen the Flexor line turn into a sporty styled shoe instead of a classic styling. I am not happy. Sporty looking shoes are ok for shorts and polos, but when I wear pants, I want shoes that look like nice shoes that just happen to have spikes. Not sneakerish shoes.

I 100% agree. I had my eye on Ecco a while back and was awaiting their new classic styles. Problem was what they brought out was kid's "skater" shoes with golf spikes. Yuck! Some stylist took a great label and made a mess of it. End result is I bought another brand.

I will agree that the sneaker shoes are just "kidsy" for my style. Even tried a pair but they just did not have the same feel for me. I like the more traditional saddle type styles and for me they are more stable on my foot.

I was surprised to see Fred Couples wearing the new tennis style shoe at the Bob Hope. I had always picture him in the saddle type crossfire Eccos and he just did not look as "polished" to me wearing the other type shoe. I know it is just a personal prefence and those shoes do have a market, but they just didnt look like soemthing that fits Couples style at 50 IMHO.

I was surprised to see Fred Couples wearing the new tennis style shoe at the Bob Hope. I had always picture him in the saddle type crossfire Eccos and he just did not look as "polished" to me wearing the other type shoe. I know it is just a personal prefence and those shoes do have a market, but they just didnt look like soemthing that fits Couples style at 50 IMHO.

Aw, give the guy a break. . .
I'll admit that we didn't see the usual Freddy', but maybe he was starting his vacation "early", so he opted for a more casual look. It happens when people get to Hawaii.

I'm not on any tour, or even a very good player, but I look for comfort and support in my shoes. (Makes it easier trudging around the course looking for my ball.) The sneaker type shoes don't work for me, but Powerbands and 360's do.

I am the exact opposite. I used to believe they had the best shoes, but since the director of golf left 2 years ago, I think their shoes have gone down hill in a hurry. Just my opinion of course, but we have a few pairs on their way for review, so we shall see what is changing for 2010.

Interesting. I don't buy shoes every year but have about 4 pairs of Ecco's and 4 pairs of Adidas. I find them both to be great shoes, but the Ecco's are more comfortable for me. I will say the pair I bought last year weren't as good as those I bought 2 and 3 years ago. Maybe you are on to something with their director of golf leaving.

The Hydromax line offers a sporty shoe and a classic shoe. I will say some of the other designs do look more like Skechers than normal golf shoes.

For those that think the Eccos look wild and funky I can't imagine what you think of the Puma line.

Re: Ecco Shoes Yeah!

mrslate63 said:
For those that think the Eccos look wild and funky I can't imagine what you think of the Puma line.

I liked ecco's for their classic styling.

and I like puma's for their sporty weirdness.

i go both ways.

That sounds like a fortune cookie. I like Eccos too - I have a few pairs. They are really comfy.

"A few pairs" Sounds just like a woman :D or JB

Back