2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

My first full round review looks like it's going to come on Saturday afternoon. From what I've seen on the practice green and through a hole here and there, I can't wait to get a full round with them.

Im using a white hot putter as well. The Tour B330 feels great coming off the face. Great feedback with great sound and control. Just gotta practice a bit more on my putting. I am hitting more fairways off the driver and irons with this ball.

A couple of quick observations after a 9 hole shake the rust off round this week.

I was lucky enough to get picked and went with the B330 which was recommended by the local Ball Fitting session this past summer. It seemed that the RX was always recommended to me but this time I did my fitting after a round and it made a difference as they said I should be playing the B330.

Even though the insert said that the cover was 6% softer it was enough to me that it felt similar to the RX. I played it along side a Supersoft and with the temp about 52 I really couldn't tell the difference between the 2. Both were neck and neck distance wise and both felt about the same off the driver. I struggle with high spin on my driver and even with the lower temp and distance was similar to what I was seeing in the warm months.

One thing I did notice and has been my primary reason for sticking with Srixon is durability. I play with pre2010 grooves and about my 3rd iron shot into the green with 8 iron I put several good cuts into the ball so the durability is still an issue for me. Those who are using post 2010 grooves may not have an issue as I am. This is currently being remedied as I am building a new set of clubs.

Now around the green I REALLY liked the B330 more I saw much better performance from the 50-30 yard range than I saw previously so score that as an improvement. As for chips nothing was going to check up as the greens have not been watered in a while so are brown and firm.

As for putting I just switched to a new STX so can't say anything about feel off the putter yet I will take my Seemore out next round and give it a whirl.

I know this is not much but at the moment but wanted to give a quick point or 2 after my first session with the new B330.

Quick Summary
Low Spin off Driver
Feel off clubs is much softer
Durability is still less than desired (with pre 2010 grooves)
Partial Wedge shots checking up much quicker even with horrible green conditions.

Man there is a lot of good stuff in here, and I'm sorry it has taken me this long to get caught up. From the sounds of it, Bridgestone has hit a home run from a durability standpoint, which has me extremely excited. Second, I'm pondering the B330 for the Morgan Cup (vs the 330s), and everything I've read says it performs quite well, even better than some expected. To hear reviewers say they fell in love with a ball speaks pretty loudly to me. Has anyone compared the 330 to the Lethal? I gamed the Lethal this year and loved it, but I'm not sure if it compares more to the 330 or 330S. Either way, I'm excited that I get to game Bridgestone balls in the Morgan Cup, and know they will help me pick the right one when the time comes. Keep up the great reviews!

y3usepe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of pics of the other side of flyer that came with these balls, but after looking at this side today it got me to thinking. So I went to my closet to look at the boxes of some of the other golf balls I have, and none of them say Made in the USA.

I think that's a great selling point for me, made here is pretty cool.

The reviews so far are amazing, I'll be getting back out this weekend to put it through some more torture but so far it's pretty darn good. Someone had said it was perfect off the putter and think that's a great choice of words, it feels and performs perfectly.

For you guys that are currently testing these out, any of you usually land the ball on the green and it keep rolling? That's usually what my ball does when it lands on the greens and I wanted to know if anyone else was like that and was starting to see maybe some backspin with these. I usually play the E5 or E6's but man I always feel like the only thing I can do is land on the green and watch it just keep rolling off.

Mostly hop and stop with the short irons coers, wedges around the greens get a little rollout if you want it, it's really a great ball.

For you guys that are currently testing these out, any of you usually land the ball on the green and it keep rolling? That's usually what my ball does when it lands on the greens and I wanted to know if anyone else was like that and was starting to see maybe some backspin with these. I usually play the E5 or E6's but man I always feel like the only thing I can do is land on the green and watch it just keep rolling off.

The e5 is a 2 piece ball and the e6 is a 3 piece designed to limit spin. I would say they are contributing to your roll out issues on approach shots. I'm betting you see a major difference with one of the premium balls

I have seen balls that I would normally expect to roll out simply hop and stop.

As I said in an earlier post, I gave one of these to a 72 year old guy that I play every weekend with. He ALWAYS rolls the ball up to the hole and creates very little backspin. For the first few holes, he was coming up short on every pitch/chip but after he got used to it, he was throwing the ball right at the hole and ended up shooting a 38 on the back 9, which is a difficult 9 holes of golf. He actually said these balls are going to be a game changer for him and while he does't like paying $45 a dozen for balls, he would be happy to if they're going to allow him to play like that.

That's good to hear guys. I got a sleeve of the 330rxs that I can't wait to try. Say last year I felt the pro v1s actually helped me to get better scores. I'll have to see how these do whenever it gets warm out there and I can try them. Thanks for the awesome feedback.

I hit the ball pretty high, so I typically don't see a ton of rollout, but I will say there is a noticeable difference between an e5/e6 and the B330 in terms of being able to hold a green. The B330 will have less roll for you.

I hit the ball pretty high, so I typically don't see a ton of rollout, but I will say there is a noticeable difference between an e5/e6 and the B330 in terms of being able to hold a green. The B330 will have less roll for you.

That's good to hear. Say when I do the Bfit through bridgestone they want me to use the e6 or e5. I probably would never try these because I always figured you had to have a 100 mph swing. Will defiantly look into them more now.

That's good to hear. Say when I do the Bfit through bridgestone they want me to use the e6 or e5. I probably would never try these because I always figured you had to have a 100 mph swing. Will defiantly look into them more now.

I haven't hit it, but you may want to try the B330-RXS, as it is designed for players with swing speeds below 105 MPH.

My high draw and B330S is a great combo for me. My ball mark is usually within 2 feet. I tested the e6 last year and its not the same performance.

Yea I have a sleeve of the rxs so I'll try them out when the time comes. I'm just glad to see some great results with these balls and you don't have to be a 5 handicapper to get them.

The e5 is a ball that I have never had issue with hopping and stopping.

What kind of trajectory are you getting with your shots in to the green? That was something that plagued me for the longest time, and I always said I needed a ball that had more spin, when in reality, when I was hitting mid-liners in to the green, physics simply would not let the ball land and stop.

The e5 is a ball that I have never had issue with hopping and stopping.

What kind of trajectory are you getting with your shots in to the green? That was something that plagued me for the longest time, and I always said I needed a ball that had more spin, when in reality, when I was hitting mid-liners in to the green, physics simply would not let the ball land and stop.

I would say mid to high flight into the green. Say I have only played the e series and never the b330's so it looks like I've been missing out.

I would say mid to high flight into the green. Say I have only played the e series and never the b330's so it looks like I've been missing out.
Perhaps, but the E Series is nothing to turn your nose up at. e6 is quite possibly one of the best balls I game.

There's a huge difference around the green between the greenside performance of the E serious and the B330's. They're not even in the same wheelhouse although I have had decent performance with the E5.

Perhaps, but the E Series is nothing to turn your nose up at. e6 is quite possibly one of the best balls I game.

Oh I'm not saying I would turn my nose or fling a buger at the the E series. I'm just saying the sound of what folks are getting out of the b330's I have been missing that. Say I'll play they e6 all day long and get great results. Its just there not the best with me going into a green.

Oh I'm not saying I would turn my nose or fling a buger at the the E series. I'm just saying the sound of what folks are getting out of the b330's I have been missing that. Say I'll play they e6 all day long and get great results. Its just there not the best with me going into a green.
I have always been intrigued by those who say the greenside performance isnt there with an e6.

I guess I am just a freak of nature that can spin an e6 and get it to hop and stop on my chips and with my wedge game.

Yeah if you can get some backspin with a E6 you are pretty amazing in my book. I mean you already are amazing anyways lol.. I think obviously a big part of this is just the way I strike the ball to create some back spin. I usually make divots and I tend to start it before the ball. So what I have always heard is that it has to be a clean ball to face to achieve some backspin. Maybe after these lessons and me practicing I will will get up to your level of backspinning a E6.
I have always been intrigued by those who say the greenside performance isnt there with an e6.

I guess I am just a freak of nature that can spin an e6 and get it to hop and stop on my chips and with my wedge game.

Yeah if you can get some backspin with a E6 you are pretty amazing in my book. I mean you already are amazing anyways lol.. I think obviously a big part of this is just the way I strike the ball to create some back spin. I usually make divots and I tend to start it before the ball. So what I have always heard is that it has to be a clean ball to face to achieve some backspin. Maybe after these lessons and me practicing I will will get up to your level of backspinning a E6.

I didnt mean to come across that way, I just always hear people saying they cant get any spin out of an e6, yet every time I am playing with THPers who have an e6 in the bag, I see plenty of greenside spin.

Funny thing is, I am not a high spin player at all.

However, I do have a steep angle of attack.

I didnt mean to come across that way, I just always hear people saying they cant get any spin out of an e6, yet every time I am playing with THPers who have an e6 in the bag, I see plenty of greenside spin.

Funny thing is, I am not a high spin player at all.

However, I do have a steep angle of attack.
So I imagine you can get more back spin if your playing the E6 down in Florida than you can up in the Midwest. What kind of backspin do you think you could get out of one if say your up here in Illinois and Ohio? I think with the different kind of greens it defiantly makes a difference.

So after this mini-snowpocalypse in Atlanta, I will finally be able to play tomorrow. I'll be focusing on and comparing the greenside performance of the B330 to the Z-Star XV.

Back