Cleveland CG15 Wedge Unboxing & Review

CG15 + Penta Golf Balls = Fun round of golf

I just had the same conversation with my golf guy at the store tonight. I was considering getting a 50 "real" wedge or just ordering the GW from Mizuno to go with my MX200's. My guy told me the GW would give me more forgiveness but the "real" wedge would be more versatile. His opinion was that the GW was still a full shot club and the added forgiveness would benefit me. I opted for the forgiveness factor, ordered the GW and would use my 56, 60 for the versatility.

So now I am thinking of getting the TM XFT SW when it comes out because the face can be changed and the SW is probably the wedge that gets the most usage to the face. So it would be good to be able to change that one out each year. I am considering getting the CG15 in a 60 and 64*...anyone play a 64 degree with any success?

The more I play these wedges, the more I simply love them. They fit my game so perfectly and the overall performance I am seeing is the best I have seen to date.

Cleveland hit a home run with these!! Traded in my Mizunos for these and have never been happier. These things just work amazingly well. Congrats to Cleveland for making a product that exceeds all expectations.

Dutch

JB, did you think about swapping out your PW for a 46? I've never thought of doing that, but I think I may have to compare it to my PW to see how it performs, given how good the reviews are.

Personally I have considered removing the iron set PW for a bladed wedge in like a 46 or 48 just due to the versatility. You really have to make sure the distances are right if you are going to do that, though, especially if you are dealing with different OEMs in your irons and wedges. It is something that can work for a lot of people, though.

The CG15's look great- standard Cleveland wedge for the most part, aesthetically, anyways. I have always like the Clevelands- good and trusty.

Personally I have considered removing the iron set PW for a bladed wedge in like a 46 or 48 just due to the versatility. You really have to make sure the distances are right if you are going to do that, though, especially if you are dealing with different OEMs in your irons and wedges. It is something that can work for a lot of people, though.

The CG15's look great- standard Cleveland wedge for the most part, aesthetically, anyways. I have always like the Clevelands- good and trusty.

I have contemplated that for a while. But now that I found my 50, 55, and 60 gaps, it is not needed. A lot of my playing partners do this though.

Played with my 54/14 and 58/8 CG15's for the first time today and have say WOW!. These are some fantastic wedges and eveything I heard and read is on the money. I had picked up the 58* Tour Exoctics Xtreme Spin and played it for a couple of rounds. Initially, it felt great and I thought it was going to be my go to wedge, but I went back into the store and really spent some time comparing and just had to turn the TE back in and got both Clevelands and am much happier.

Glad to hear they are working for you Keith. They have a home in my bag for sure.

These are in the bag to stay for sure. I had more control than any other wedge I have used before. My before shot expection and after shot reality were fairly close when using these clubs which for me is a good step in the right direction.

These are in the bag to stay for sure. I had more control than any other wedge I have used before. My before shot expection and after shot reality were fairly close when using these clubs which for me is a good step in the right direction.

Keith,
THat is actually a really great thing to hear and notice. I think that could be possibly be the best thing about these wedges. Expectation and reality are closely met. Something I did not have in the past with some wedges.

Thanks JB. Hey, I noticed in your signature you have gone with Srixon F/W and Hybrids...is that a recent change?

I am reviewing those now. Pretty sure the 3 wood will stay though.

My wife gave me a BP 60 for Christmas and I got to play with it this weekend.

Gorgeous club that has incredible feel and the spin I get is fantastic.

I spent about 2 hours on the practice range with it after my round and I'm in love. I can't wait to put the 56 and 52 in my bag as well.

So since winning the 12 days of holiday cheer contest and getting 3 of these, I have played 2 rounds with them and love them. Softer than my Vokeys were without giving up the spin. They remind me a lot of the old 588s that I liked. I never thought I would switch from Vokey and now I am wondering how I ever used them. Thanks again.

Glad you are enjoying your winnings mkyolvr.

So since winning the 12 days of holiday cheer contest and getting 3 of these, I have played 2 rounds with them and love them. Softer than my Vokeys were without giving up the spin. They remind me a lot of the old 588s that I liked. I never thought I would switch from Vokey and now I am wondering how I ever used them. Thanks again.

I've seen these in the store and would love to try them out.

Are these wedges that big of an improvement over the CG12's?
Im thinking of trading in the CG12 50.10 for a CG15 50.10 and i would ultimately pay about 75 bucks for the CG15. Worth it?

Not sure I can say if it is worth it. These look better in my opinion and they remind me more of the 588s than that of the CG12, but both are solid wedges.

Not sure I can say if it is worth it. These look better in my opinion and they remind me more of the 588s than that of the CG12, but both are solid wedges.

If you say the CG15s are the best youve ever played and you are still not sure that it is worth 75 bucks to upgrade from a CG12, that says a lot about how good Cleveland Wedges really are. For me the 588's and CG12s are the best wedges ever. (Vokey 200 series isnt bad either) But i will probably keep the 12's

just ordered 2 of these.
54 2 dot black pearl finish, dropped from a 56 to fill the gap between PW and LW..
60 2 dot black pearl finish...

hopefully get them for saturdays round in troon :)

Just picked up a CG15 BP 2 dot 56. Can't wait to use in Vegas next week.

This club is the real deal... I thought I was sold on the new Taylor Made x53 because of the replaceable face. It wasn't worth it for me because these Clevelands inspire so much confidence and spin. Wow! I got 56-degree with 10 bounce for tight lies.

Dos anyone use this as a PW? I saw a 46* in the store yesterday. Was curious about it.

Back