Golf Clothing- what is your favorite and why?

One of the nice things about where I work is they are ok with me wearing polo's and slacks every day. I dress just how I use to when I was working at any of the golf shops back in the day. A dream of mine would be to have a clothing deal with just about ANY of the major players in golf clothing. It would be awesome to have a rotation of new polo's, slacks and shoes to wear for each time of the season, just like a Tour Pro.
I'd say I'm pretty brand loyal. I have a solid rotation of Adidas, Callaway and U.A. polo's I wear MOST of the time. I have a few Oakley polo's sprinkled in and some off brand stuff with the Braves and Royals logo's on them that I wear.
I'm currently looking for a new pair of teaching/shop shoes to replace the shoes I have now. Only down side is that the teaching shoes I want are around $150 and I don't know if I can justify spending that much for shoes to my wife.

Bump because I'm still curious. Lots of good answers and reasons so far!

PGA brand at JC Penny's, cheap and surprisingly great designs and material. My favorite polo I own is the "heat gear" UA from a couple years ago. I tried on the new UA polo and they completely changed the sizing, its so long and makes no sense. Frustrating.

I like Nike and Under Armour stuff. Anyway it's hard to get some nice golfing clothes over here in switzerland.

It really depends on the particular piece - I will buy anything from any brand that looks good, is comfortable, and is quality. However, if you blindfolded me and told me to pick a couple brands for different clothes, I would probably go:

Shirts: Oakley, Adidas, Ashworth
Pants/Shorts: Oakley, Greg Norman, Adidas
Shoes: Adidas, Puma
Outerwear: Sunice, Adidas

I am a pretty trim guy (5'9", 145lb, 29"-30" waist), so I like brands that tend to fit slimmer/more athletic. Oakley is hands down my favorite fit because of this, although their designs can tend to be way too loud at times. Sunice jackets seem to fit this way too.

Travis Mathew, Nike, and RLX shirts for the most part in my closet. All my pants and shorts are either Puma or Nike currently.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Under Armour bent grass golf pants and shorts are the best on the market. The have a nice fit and are very comfortbale. I really like the PGA Tour pants as well, especially for a cheaper alternative. Love the moisture wicking shirts. Not partial to any one brand in the shirts. Nike golf shoes are great. I have real narrow feet and they fit nice on narrow feet.

P.S. Oakley still make the best sunglasses on the market.

Honestly once every year or two I will buy a bulk order of plain nike golf shirts on ebay. I will buy a lot of 8 in different colours and that seems to work out the best for me. I will then generally collect some shirts from different golf courses that I travel to.

I think name brand golf pants are ridiculously overpriced so I will generally just grab a pair at costco when they have them in stock.

I have in the past, ebayed some under armor cold weather golf gear that is absolutely amazing. I have a pull over that keeps me feeling the same temperature on a cold winter day at the range or a nice fall afternoon. The only problem with it being so good is I have a hard time justifying buying anything new because it seems like nothing else would come close.

In years past I loved adidas's formotion line, and puma in 2012/13. Last years Adidas line didn't blow me away and the puma shirts were tight on my back and armpits. I love all of the Travis Matthews I have and I also really like the feel of my Sligo shirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It really depends on the particular piece - I will buy anything from any brand that looks good, is comfortable, and is quality. However, if you blindfolded me and told me to pick a couple brands for different clothes, I would probably go:

Shirts: Oakley, Adidas, Ashworth
Pants/Shorts: Oakley, Greg Norman, Adidas
Shoes: Adidas, Puma
Outerwear: Sunice, Adidas

I am a pretty trim guy (5'9", 145lb, 29"-30" waist), so I like brands that tend to fit slimmer/more athletic. Oakley is hands down my favorite fit because of this, although their designs can tend to be way too loud at times. Sunice jackets seem to fit this way too.

I am about the same build except I'm 32" waste, what size Oakley shirts fit you the best? I always see them online but never know what size to buy.

I am about the same build except I'm 32" waste, what size Oakley shirts fit you the best? I always see them online but never know what size to buy.

For me it's small, but FYI I like my polos to be a little more form fitting - not too loose, not too tight. If you go by their sizing charts, you should get a shirt that fits basically like this. If you are the type who wants a looser fitting shirt though, you'll want to go a size up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I took a hiatus from golf for almost 15 years, had kids, wife, you know life. Now being semi-retired with teen sons, I decided to play again.

So I go to the local golf store and buy a dozen shirts made in china of synthetic fibres that gives me BO. You know the swoosh, UA, 3 stripes, the puma thing.

A gorgeous petitte Latina says CAN I HELP YOU SIR when she sees me with over a grand of shirts and slacks in my arms. Turns out she was on the LPGA for a cup of coffee and now she sells equipment.

Anyway, since I like really good cotton or wool in my clothes, and it seems no major brands now think a natural fibre is worth using, I decided to find a cool .com to acquire and create MY OWN VANITY LINE of natural material golf clothes for me to wear, after all Nike and UA didn't want to pay me millions to wear their corporate logo.

So now I wear my own label and lots of my friends wear the gear I gave them when they play with me.

I have some young pros wearning it too, if any of them ever become huge on the tour, I may bundle the logo with them and offer it to one of the big companies as a natural line for golf.

Shirts: Nike(DriFit) or Polo
Shorts: Polo or Old Navy
Socks: Nike(ankle)
Shoes: FJ/Nike
Visors: Nike

Obviously I am creature of habit if i find something i like I tend to stick with it & get very annoyed when they stop making it

I don't stay to any one brand...usually what I can find a good deal on.

Historically, I have always been fairly conservative dressing in the course. Mostly solids and maybe some stripes. Lately, I have been moving towards golf clothes that are more "loud". Different and more vibrant colors as well as different patterns. I am actually planning to mix in a few pairs of Loudmouth shorts this summer.

Honestly once every year or two I will buy a bulk order of plain nike golf shirts on ebay. I will buy a lot of 8 in different colours and that seems to work out the best for me. I will then generally collect some shirts from different golf courses that I travel to.

I think name brand golf pants are ridiculously overpriced so I will generally just grab a pair at costco when they have them in stock.

I have in the past, ebayed some under armor cold weather golf gear that is absolutely amazing. I have a pull over that keeps me feeling the same temperature on a cold winter day at the range or a nice fall afternoon. The only problem with it being so good is I have a hard time justifying buying anything new because it seems like nothing else would come close.

This is interesting. Sometimes the right piece of clothing stays in the rotation until it wears out. It's wonderful when you find one.

First....I only play in pants. Second...I'm not brand loyal, but the favorite brands are Alberto, Adidas, Nike, Puma and Oakley. But there's so many brands out there with good stuff that I just pick up stuff when they are on sale.

I like Nike and Puma shirts, although Callaway has impressed me since going to Perry Ellis as their manufacturer. I wear Kenneth Cole pants when I play, I just like the way a real dress pant fits. Outerwear is the new Nike Hyper Adapt line, base layer is always Under Armour.

I can't say I have one brand that's my main one. I probably like Puma the best with Travis Matthew coming in second. Both of those brands make my favorite shorts and I play in shorts 95% of the time, even during the "winter" here. With that being said, I have a ton of Adidas in my closet. It fits well and I always seem to score great deals on it. I've got fair bit of Nike stuff too, though. I'm a deal shopper, I guess.

I can't say I have one brand that's my main one. I probably like Puma the best with Travis Matthew coming in second. Both of those brands make my favorite shorts and I play in shorts 95% of the time, even during the "winter" here. With that being said, I have a ton of Adidas in my closet. It fits well and I always seem to score great deals on it. I've got fair bit of Nike stuff too, though. I'm a deal shopper, I guess.

Totally true about Adidas. I'm really surprised I don't have anything of theirs in my closet as some deals they have are outstanding.

Puma. Fit is fantastic and can spice up the colors as you choose.

The majority of my golf attire is Norman collection, just like the way it looks and feels. But ultimately will take advantages of what's on sale and fits. I'm 6'5", 290, so not terribly easy finding proper fitting golf clothes. Been meaning to try some Callaway apparel as they seem to have a nice big & tall collection

I've loved adidas shirts for quite some time. Always a nice mix of color options and at great prices compared to their counterparts

I wear a lot of Nike and Alial Fital. But recently just bought my first Kikkor shirt and I don't think it'll be my last!

I like Dickie pants in the cold weather months and in the warm/hot months, any brand of comfy shorts I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I am into Izod and Adidas stuff. Quality and style of these both are top notch. Great matching colors and styles

Back