Why do you play the putter you do?

Currently I play the putter I do because nothing else works for me simple as that.... I don't think this putter works for me

I putted for most of my life with a Scotty Cameron Studio Design 3.5 in 35 inches because I wanted to be cool; all my friends had a Scotty. As I got older being cool wasn't so important any more so when someone offered me $350 for it I took it. Now I am gaming a Mizuno Bettinardi BC1 we will see how long that lasts. I love the softness of the double milled face I haven't putted on real grass with it yet.

-Peter

I went to golf galaxy and checked out putters until I found one that felt good. bought my Odyssey used online and it was the first legit putter I've owned. Luckily I picked a putter that fits me pretty damn good and I haven't bought another since.

Old habits...I tried a mallet a few years ago, ended up me putting with the toe down and heel up about 2 inches...don't know why, but switched back to a blade and I like it. Not fitted for my swing, I believe confidence and feel is the key in putting, and if I can put(t) the ball in the hole, I'm ok with it. :D

I game my putter because I used a versa #9 (thanks GregDan) for 9 holes and putt the best I ever have. Head shape and simple alignment aid is perfect for me. Performance isn't bad either :eek:k:.

I was chosen to test my putter (Thank you again THP) and it rolls so much better than any putters I've used before. I still love the adjustable shaft length!

I liked the look, and it is a Ping. Wasn't going to over think it.

Because it inspires confidence, has great feel, and I absolutely love the company.

I was just unsatisfied with my performance on the greens. So I wandered on over to a demo day and was handed a Seemore X-3. I had never considered a center shafted, face balanced putter, for my strong arc swing before. But it sure rolled nice.
I asked for a few expert opinions on here that reassured me the swing arc wouldn't matter, and now it's in my bag.
I'm still not a great putter, but my misses are closer than ever. With some more practice, I may get it down.

I was fitted for my current and previous putter. Both had lie adjustments made. The putter head was based on fitter watching stroke and body/head movement while working with multiple putters. Then, they were narrowed down by insert type or non-insert, march madness bracket style, until only one was left.

Because it inspires confidence, has great feel, and I absolutely love the company.
I can easily say all of the above for my Cleveland VP-5 .. It has to have the softest insert, no idea what it is .. but I love it.
Up against the Nike PD soft they feel even better. I have a ton of confidence in this head, and had the putter bent to my lie.

Cleveland_VP5_Mallet_464638_i0.jpg

Its the style I began playing with in the early 70's and a couple of proper fittings show it is the best style for me. That and I'm just old school and love a simple blade. I can putt pretty well with an Anser plumbers neck style putter but not as good as a traditional heel shafted blade.

I always liked the look of a non-center shafted "Anser style" blade putter and the feel of a milled blade but did not like the high price of milled SC or Ping models. However, last fall I went to a "demo day" and came across a brand new (wrapped) Nike Method Midnight 303 for $90 in the discounted rack. Played four rounds with it in Florida a few weeks ago and I really like the feel and balance of it.

I wanted to give the SeeMore's a try bought one liked it bought another and am rolling the second.

I like the look, feel and weight of it as well as the RST.

If it was proven to me that something else fit me better and suited my eye I'd switch.

Simply put, I was on the Putting green before a round and saw a guy Practicing with a Scotty Cameron, I told him I had always seen and Heard of them but had never putted one, He handed me his, I putted 3 ball's and The feel was one I could not explain....I ended up getting one year's ago and the feel and confidence I have while using it is unmatched by anyother ...IMHO

It's a centre shaft and it has a 450g head weight. Happy days!

I played a round with a guy once who had a Scotty Cameron and after seeing that he was rolling them really well I asked what kind of putter he used and he told me about Scotty Cameron. When I got home that night I found one on global golf that looked good and I have been using it ever since.

I was was putting with a Ping B60 today at the pro shop and I really like the copper finish... Well I'm off to the equipment pondering thread, again.

My father told me to pick out a putter at the local pro shop when I was 12 years old ( my 12th birthday was in 1972 ). I had a hand me down set from my grandfather that did not have a putter. I pick up 3 putters and went to the practice green. 1 ping putter, 1 bullseye putter and 1 ben hogan 1415 putter. I liked the feel and sound of the ben hogan 1415 and made the most putts with it, it has been in my bag ever since.

I've never had much of a preference for shape, insert, milled or any of that. I only care that whatever putter I game inspires confidence in my stroke. I've had a bunch of putters over the years. Some were cheapies that I learned with, one of them was nicknamed "the banana" by my friends because of its odd blade-ish shape and weird yellowish gold color. I've never made more long putts than I did with that thing. I had a ping zing 2 that I gamed in my last 2 high school seasons that I really liked as well as some mallets that really felt great too.

Id putt with a sledgehammer if I thought it gave me the best chance to make putts.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Simple answer is I chose it because it made more putts. Something about the offset head helps my eyes with putts in the 3-7 foot range and I started making a lot more of them.

No, I wouldn't switch based on what you describe.

It helps with the yips plus it helps me stay more pendulum like with my stroke.

I think confidence plays a really big role in putting. Maybe more so than matching ones stroke. However, I was fit for my SeeMore's and have putted better since they've been in the bag. Maybe it's a combination of the two

I was fit into mine and like the way it feels. It's also very easy to find pace with it, which I value a lot in a putter.

My father told me to pick out a putter at the local pro shop when I was 12 years old ( my 12th birthday was in 1972 ). I had a hand me down set from my grandfather that did not have a putter. I pick up 3 putters and went to the practice green. 1 ping putter, 1 bullseye putter and 1 ben hogan 1415 putter. I liked the feel and sound of the ben hogan 1415 and made the most putts with it, it has been in my bag ever since.

The sound of that putter is second to none!!

I game a SeeMore because I bought into the RST. It has absolutely helped and improved my putting.

Back