Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there are thousands, that still does not make it right. If it is my job to cook a thousand meals in a day and I ruin or poison one, that does not make it right. It sucks, but it happens. The problem is, that with USPS rather than others, their CS is a nightmare and getting to the bottom of it is sometimes worthless.
multiple tens of thousands and no it doesn't make it right but your analogy is apples to oranges.
Anyway I work for UPS and I'm not an advocate for the USPS.I totally agree with you on their CS.I went though that nightmare myself.

Re: Official Rant of the Day Thread

I'm with JB. If they provide a service and stand behind their name, an error is an error and taints their image of quality service. People should be held accountable for such mistakes.

I'm with JB. If they provide a service and stand behind their name, an error is an error and taints their image of quality service. People should be held accountable for such mistakes.

The analogy makes perfect sense in my mind. It does not matter how many things people do right, they are still held for what they do wrong. Does the sound Tiger ring a bell here? The automobile makers make hundreds of thousands of cars a year, yet they are mostly known for their recalls. If the USPS gets 10,000 packages right but loses 5, it does not help those 5 people and if their CS is not up for it and does not care, then they should not be there.

I must be missing something.When did they get an image of quality service?
I agree though that someone should be held accountable...it's just too bad that usually isn't the person that caused the problem.It's usually managements quest for volume per hour that causes the problem and the individual worker bee that gets the blame

The analogy makes perfect sense in my mind. It does not matter how many things people do right, they are still held for what they do wrong. Does the sound Tiger ring a bell here? The automobile makers make hundreds of thousands of cars a year, yet they are mostly known for their recalls. If the USPS gets 10,000 packages right but loses 5, it does not help those 5 people and if their CS is not up for it and does not care, then they should not be there.
And then how will you get your mail?Pony express.Like I said you problely couldn't see the forest for the trees.5 out of 10,000 isn't bad in the delivery business.That's pretty penominal.It sucks if you're one of the five but there isn't anything better out there for certain things.

I must be missing something.When did they get an image of quality service?

True. I was speaking businesses as a whole, not just USPS. They are a business and should be worried about quality control.

True. I was speaking businesses as a whole, not just USPS. They are a business and should be worried about quality control.
Bottom line is that they lost the last belt buckle..If I was you I'd be totally p***ed off to say the least.That is truly a occurence well worth the rant.

And then how will you get your mail?Pony express.Like I said you problely couldn't see the forest for the trees.5 out of 10,000 isn't bad in the delivery business.That's pretty penominal.It sucks if you're one of the five but there isn't anything better out there for certain things.

I am not sure a single thing comes through the regular mail that I need right now. But that is a discussion for another time. We get it, you work for a delivery service and I think that many times that is outstanding. But when people delivering items make mistakes, people are allowed to complain about it and the old logic of "well we deal with thousands a day so we are bound to screw up a few" does not fly with me. Sorry. People demand perfection in every other facet of every other service industry, yet a select few get a pass. And it is fine when an organization makes good on those mistakes, but the USPS never seems to, so in this case, they get no pass from me.

I am not sure a single thing comes through the regular mail that I need right now. But that is a discussion for another time. We get it, you work for a delivery service and I think that many times that is outstanding. But when people delivering items make mistakes, people are allowed to complain about it and the old logic of "well we deal with thousands a day so we are bound to screw up a few" does not fly with me. Sorry. People demand perfection in every other facet of every other service industry, yet a select few get a pass. And it is fine when an organization makes good on those mistakes, but the USPS never seems to, so in this case, they get no pass from me.
I wasn't advocating a pass.But do you really expect perfection from a U.S. gov't entidy?I guess you're overlooking Congress.They really perform to perfection.

Ok. Now that I've composed myself it's time for rant #2. I am still waiting for the delivery of my cg7 bp's that I ordered 2 months ago. At first, they were backordered on the DW. Once that got cleared up, they ran out of midsize grips. After I said it would be ok to build up the grip and use a standard size, the DW is again on backorder until the middle of this month. I don't understand how a company can underestimate the demand of a great set of irons like these. This goes back to the quality of service that I expext from a business and the disappointment I am left with. Cleveland puts out products that work well for my game, but I will be a bit more reluctant to get anything of theirs after this experience. The worst part is their free iron promotion expires 90 days after purchase and I'll be pushing the limit on registration if/when I get my irons.

DId you order straight from the company, or through a club, store, or etailer? The reason I ask is that we know so many that have received their irons they ordered incredibly quickly and your issues with these have been stated and I have not seen a single other person have this kind of problem with ordering. If you tell me where you got yours from, perhaps I can pass a message on to Cleveland so that they can try and get to the bottom of it.

Oh, this is not a good sign. I just shipped something via USPS yesterday.

I ordered them through Bobick's Golf in Ft. Wayne, IN. They told me they've been in contact with one of the top people in customer service and that is the answer they were given. I wonder if they're pushing the midwest orders to the backburner since our courses are closed and shipping more orders to the warm states.

I ordered them through Bobick's Golf in Ft. Wayne, IN. They told me they've been in contact with one of the top people in customer service and that is the answer they were given. I wonder if they're pushing the midwest orders to the backburner since our courses are closed and shipping more orders to the warm states.

If I were you, and it is just my opinion, I would get your order number and call Cleveland. A company that is known as having some of the best CS out there, this is troubling. Like I said, we know people all around the country that have received these clubs and we only knew about a backorder that lasted a week or so. I know someone that got a set in Chicago just a few weeks ago and it only took 8 days. So something is going on that I just do not understand. It should not take this long on a new product and I would definitely contact them yourself.

If I were you, and it is just my opinion, I would get your order number and call Cleveland. A company that is known as having some of the best CS out there, this is troubling. Like I said, we know people all around the country that have received these clubs and we only knew about a backorder that lasted a week or so. I know someone that got a set in Chicago just a few weeks ago and it only took 8 days. So something is going on that I just do not understand. It should not take this long on a new product and I would definitely contact them yourself.

Thanks. I just got all the info and am awating a busy Monday of footwork for the buckle and irons. They told me that the CS has been rough to deal with on these irons and the cg15's since their release. They're lucky I'm nice and snow is still on the ground. :)

Thanks. I just got all the info and am awating a busy Monday of footwork for the buckle and irons. They told me that the CS has been rough to deal with on these irons and the cg15's since their release. They're lucky I'm nice and snow is still on the ground. :)

Something is definitely not right there DG. Their CS is amazing to deal with for just about everybody we know at so many levels (retail, green grass, etc.) I think once you call yourself, you will be able to find out exactly what has been going on. We hear nightmares all the time from stores and CS and most of the time, the retailer is not giving all the info. (just our experiences of course). Some companies are brutal for stores and shops to deal with (ahem titleist ahem), others are wonderful.

I believe that once you get to CS, you will see that something has to be missing here.

The problem is, that with USPS rather than others, their CS is a nightmare and getting to the bottom of it is sometimes worthless.

USPS definitely has the worst tracking system ever but I don't have an issue with their CS. FedEx is the one I can't stand. Years ago I had a package that was supposed to be delivered thru them, well I never received it but the driver claimed he had personally handed it to me & had me sign for it. I told FedeEx the driver was flat out lying & accused him of stealing packages. I asked for a copy of my supposed signature, well lo & behold they couldn't come up with it.

Long story made much shorter...after a month long investigation it turns out this driver was accused by numerous other people of stealing their items. He supposedly was fired & arrested. Fedex refunded all of my $$ & now I avoid them if at all possible. yes I know it was 1 bad apple but you know the saying.

Spam.

Now that I have a smartphone, spam drives me bananas.

B-a-n-a-n-a-s. Bananas.

Spoiler
bananas.jpg

Spoiler
What? You were expecting Gwen Stefani or something?

Spam.

B-a-n-a-n-a-s. Bananas.

Spoiler
bananas.jpg

Spoiler

I actually met a girl in college that didn't know how to spell bananas until that song. :banana:

Spam.

B-a-n-a-n-a-s. Bananas.

Spoiler
bananas.jpg

Spoiler
I don't have that problem, but then again my cell phone isn't very smart. All I can do is make and receive phone calls. :)

I don't have that problem, but then again my cell phone isn't very smart. All I can do is make and receive phone calls. :)

C'mon, join the 21st century and be driven as crazy as the rest of us.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back