The Irish Lass Buys Her RoboSwing

So if I show you mine you'll show me yours? I just want to make sure I've got this right.

No - it's if you show US yours, Claire will show US hers.

So if I show you mine you'll show me yours? I just want to make sure I've got this right.

The last time I did that, I think I was six. We got the neighborhood boys to pull down their pants first. Then we ran away, knowing they couldn't keep up with their pants down around their ankles.

Hey, it's my thread. I can go off topic.

Besides, I don't have an actual swing on video right now; just a takeaway.

When you do that drill, you're mylenating. Building nerve pathways in your brain so you're brain can more easily send the signal to make a good takeaway to your muscles. J.L. does 25 takeaways and 25 hip bumps to start her wight shift to the left side every day. She's been doing it for three weeks and it has almost completely stopped an inside takeaway.

Keep at it, Slim, I'm seeing that kind of thing work.

New way to improve your golf game - 6 - Instruction - Golf.com

Kevin

Last edited:
When you do that drill, you're mylenating. Building nerve pathways in your brain so you're brain can more easily send the signal to make a good takeaway to your muscles. J.L. does 25 takeaways and 25 hip bumps to start her wight shift to the left side every day. She's been doing it for three weeks and it has almost completely stopped an inside takeaway.

Keep at it, Slim, I'm seeing that kind of thing work.

New way to improve your golf game - 6 - Instruction - Golf.com

Kevin

Thanks--150 so far. And it really is work.

Thanks--150 so far. And it really is work.

Good for you Claire. I'm really looking forward to playing together again. I wish Kevin could join us. MO too.

Glad to hear it is working for you Claire. The less thinking we have to do when we play, the better off we are. I now have only one swing thought...down from 6,356. That's progress. :)

Glad to hear it is working for you Claire. The less thinking we have to do when we play, the better off we are. I now have only one swing thought...down from 6,356. That's progress. :)

I'm impressed--I max out at about 23.

Diane and I had matching (?) lessons today.

We decided I'd grooved the torque and moved on to keeping my arms in the same spot relative to my torso on the takeaway and getting the butt end of the club pointed to the right spot at the top. I think I may even be getting someplace here.

The big challenge is making all of this relatively fluid. I didn't put "roboswing" in this thread title for nothing.

Are you doing your drills in the house? I can almost picture your swing. Diane's, too. Mrs. Esox is fighting the same thing, turning the club on plane.

I figured you for a chick that could groove the torque under the right circumstances.

Kevin

Are you doing your drills in the house? I can almost picture your swing. Diane's, too. Mrs. Esox is fighting the same thing, turning the club on plane.

I figured you for a chick that could groove the torque under the right circumstances.

Kevin

Yup--thank goodness we have a high ceiling in the family room.

It is both cool and scary that I can go online and watch the befores and afters.

Yup--thank goodness we have a high ceiling in the family room.

It is both cool and scary that I can go online and watch the befores and afters.

It's amazing how swinging a club in the house without a ball in front of you can groove the swing. J.L.'s swing looks so nice when she's doing indoor drills to work on swing plane and releasing her weight to the left side before starting the downswing. Put a ball in front of her and she worries about striking it instead of making a good turn. Then she thinks the drills aren't working and gets mad when I point out she's swinging the club differently than she does while doing drills. She's only hit balls once in the last two to three weeks, but drills at least a little every day, so I'm hoping this weekend when she hits that the indoor drills have really taken.

Keep it up, Slim. Me thinks you're going to be a whole lot way more better. Diane, too. Makes me want to come to the Quint State Classic to see you babes play.

Kevin

Keep it up, Slim. Me thinks you're going to be a whole lot way more better. Diane, too. Makes me want to come to the Quint State Classic to see you babes play.

Kevin

Hmmm.... I'm going to be in Chicago in early June.

Hmmm.... I'm going to be in Chicago in early June.

We'll talk. That's a ways off in Esox time. Maybe we could play and then go get one of those burgers on the rye bread. I haven't forgotten about those.

Kevin

We'll talk. That's a ways off in Esox time. Maybe we could play and then go get one of those burgers on the rye bread. I haven't forgotten about those.

Kevin

Oh my--Hackney's! Then I'd have to rent a car. And come up with a credible explanation for bringing my clubs & taking an extra day.

Oh my--Hackney's! Then I'd have to rent a car. And come up with a credible explanation for bringing my clubs & taking an extra day.

There's time. Maybe we could pick you up. It would give me a reason to have a hot dog or Italian beef.

Kevin

It would give me a reason to have a hot dog or Italian beef.

sylvester_stallone_23633.jpg

I had another lesson yesterday. We worked (again) on increasing shoulder rotation. The pro set me up so I'd start getting beeps at 70 degrees. Eighty is preferable, and I got up to 77 or 78 degrees. We also worked on getting the palm of my left (rear) hand pointed toward the target line at the top of my backswing. That sets me up for a square clubface at impact.

As he put it, this is all the preliminary stuff so my downswing has a chance of working. There are two huge issues with my downswing.

First is swingspeed. Way, way too slow. Second is my technique. My downswing pretty much consists of my arms collapsing into the ball. The pro says I have to work on increasing swingspeed first (and how do you do THAT, anyway?). I'm skeptical--even if I manage it, all I'll be doing is bad stuff faster. However, he's done right by me so far; I'll give him a little rope.

Back