Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

FootJoy, the #1 Glove in Golf and #1 Glove on the PGA Tour,
announces the introduction of the new SPIDR2 high-performance golf glove
with progressive high-tech styling.

The new SPIDR2 glove delivers superior grip for optimum control, especially
at high swing speeds. Targeting players of all skill levels, the new
SPIDR2 glove optimizes grip performance for nearly every playing condition.

Features and Benefits:
DTR™Digital Tac Leather™ - The digital water resistant leather on the
entire palm and fingers of the glove provides the ultimate in grip
and control in all weather conditions.

FiberSof™ material - Soft, breathable stretch material is located
throughout the back of the hand and along the fingers for a
leather-like feel, comfort and consistent fit.

PowerNet™ mesh - Integrated into the base area of the thumb and back
of the hand, improves flexibility, breathability and provides a more
consistent thumb fit.

Power-Locking Closure - Delivers a secure, custom fit. You'll notice
the elastic area allows the closure to lock into place for a nice
firm fit.

"The new SPIDR2 has been designed and developed for players looking for
maximum grip and control with a progressive new look in a golf glove," said
Maria Bonzagni, Senior Director of Golf Glove Marketing, FootJoy. "The
integration of SPIDR2's proprietary innovative materials provide a powerful
grip advantage for nearly every playing condition."

Sizes:
Men's Regular Left S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL
Men's Cadet Left S, M, ML, L, XL
Men's Regular Right S, M, ML, L, XL

MSRP: $15

2015466.jpg

I finally know what the cadet sizing is :clapp:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

JB-is there any reason why companies don't make gloves for lefties (right handed) in XXL. i'm not a small guy and can never find a glove that fits. that's why i don't wear one. am i missing out by not wearing a glove?

• Admin
JB-is there any reason why companies don't make gloves for lefties (right handed) in XXL. i'm not a small guy and can never find a glove that fits. that's why i don't wear one. am i missing out by not wearing a glove?

Minimums play a big part in it for companies and what I mean by that is that they have to buy a huge amount in each size and there is just not a big enough market for them in their minds.

If you can play without one and do not struggle with grip, you are technically better off.

Nope, when the discontinued making the Warbird gloves, I was looking online to find them and they only had cadet sizes so I had to call to find out what the difference was!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Minimums play a big part in it for companies and what I mean by that is that they have to buy a huge amount in each size and there is just not a big enough market for them in their minds.

If you can play without one and do not struggle with grip, you are technically better off.

thanks for the info. i just didn't know if wearing a glove offered anything that not wearing one didn't.

I don't see a release date to the general public, has that been announced?

• Admin
They came out a couple of days ago.

Re: FootJoy Introduces New Glove

I like them. The textured leather looks interesting.

If you search their website there's a contest you can enter for a free glove.

If you search their website there's a contest you can enter for a free glove.

thanks for the info! Looking fwd to trying this out...hopefully I win one!

I wear the FootJoy F3 gloves and love them. If these are anything like those then I'll still use FJ as my main glove

Golf Galaxy does not have these in and they don't know if they expect them with their next shipment at the end of the month.

They also don't have them listed on their website of yet.

Does anyone know anyone that is carrying them?

They just came out 2/1 and will be arriving at retailers in the south over the course of this month.

Right now I am using the StaSof, might gives these try. Thanks for the link for the contest for the free glove.

I finally found these at the local Golf Galaxy. I bought one and I love it. If you like a lot of grip and durable glove, give this one a shot.

I can't wait to see how this performs in the summer when I am sweating my ass off and I can't keep my hands dry.

I finally found these at the local Golf Galaxy. I bought one and I love it. If you like a lot of grip and durable glove, give this one a shot.

I can't wait to see how this performs in the summer when I am sweating my ass off and I can't keep my hands dry.

I snagged one as well while I was at GG too. The fit was great and I'm also curious about the palm when the heat comes and I'm drenched. Grip so far is great.

I snagged one as well while I was at GG too. The fit was great and I'm also curious about the palm when the heat comes and I'm drenched. Grip so far is great.
If I use an all leather glove in the summer...I use about 4 of them and have to hang them out to dry between shots. It would be nice if this can hold up to moisture a little better.

If I use an all leather glove in the summer...I use about 4 of them and have to hang them out to dry between shots. It would be nice if this can hold up to moisture a little better.

That would be a perfect glove especially here in FL (I don't know anyone who wouldn't sweat up a storm during our summers). I have a Winn Lite grip on my driver now and I'm also curious to how the texture of the palm of this glove will effect that softer tack grip. I hope it doesn't gouge it out. :D

Back