Northern Trust Open *SPOILERS*

Im not sure if they are going to get any golf in today. Its coming down pretty hard.

Or tomorrow either...

Guys are already playing I believe.

It looks like it but are those the guys whose play got suspended last night?

AK looked fantastic today! i know this makes a lot of people happy. i think i should try to mimic steve sticker's golf swing. that guy just makes it look so easy.

btw, 22 putts in round 2 for strick, that's ridiculous!

How about dustin's ACE!!!!

I just tuned in. The announcer was apologizing for an inappropriate comment made, but I missed the comment. Anybody know what it was?

I just tuned in. The announcer was apologizing for an inappropriate comment made, but I missed the comment. Anybody know what it was?

dunno either setho, i have the telly on mute so i can listen to some tunes with little foster.

that ace was sweet! backed her right in there.

Just spoke to the ECCO folks about these in detail. They are the Ecco Golf Street and they are going to be making a major push for these over the next 3 months

how about a future thp ecco shoe contest (ahem) please !!!:blob:

Did anyone catch Frank Nobilo's apology for an inappropriate comment?

I didn't hear it initially, so I rewound until I heard him describe one of Steve Stricker's shots as a "Chinese Dentist." Stricker was 230 yards out in the driving rain and nearly holed out. It took me forever to figure out what "Chinese Dentist" meant. Has anyone ever heard that expression before?

EDIT: I also thought I saw JB Holmes without the belly putter and a mention that he had been working with Dave Stockton.
Now if he would speed up, I might actually be able to root for him on occasion.

Last edited:
Anyone know why Jesper w/d? Shot a 68 on day 1 and now out.

Lots of big names looking like they will miss the cut when round 2 concludes on Saturday.

Spoiler
Johnson had an amazing ace yesterday, and its nice to see Romero in the mix.

I didn't hear it initially, so I rewound until I heard him describe one of Steve Stricker's shots as a "Chinese Dentist." Stricker was 230 yards out in the driving rain and nearly holed out. It took me forever to figure out what "Chinese Dentist" meant. Has anyone ever heard that expression before?

Urban Dictionary's definition has nothing to do with this context. So, as with most pop culture references, I'm totally lost.

My man Stricker's got some work ahead with Romero and Johnson playing as well as they are. Can he keep his head ALL the way this time? Come on Strick I'm pullin for ya!

Anyone hear Johnny Miller bagging Tiger? What cracked me up was when he said "He has a tuff road to hoe". Yeah Johnny, go hoe the back 40 acres of road man!

I shouldn't be that way, those guy's have a gillion people hearing everything, but then it's Johnny.

I believe its a new 2010 KiaMa, but I could be wrong. I thought he used a Kia last year too.

Urban Dictionary's definition has nothing to do with this context. So, as with most pop culture references, I'm totally lost.

230 = tooth hurty (say it with a cartoonish Chinese accent.)

Somewhat offensive, and not even funny.

Must be a New Zealand expression.

Stricker is grooved.

Kevin

I had almost forgotten how much I despise Johnny Miller.

Almost.

I had almost forgotten how much I despise Johnny Miller.

Almost.

Agreed. My favorite from today was "he is using some kind of lofted metal. I think its a fairway club of some sort". ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????!??!?!

Its a freaking fairway wood Johnny. Just like they are not called special utility metal clubs, they are called hybrids.

Anyone hear Johnny Miller bagging Tiger? What cracked me up was when he said "He has a tuff road to hoe". Yeah Johnny, go hoe the back 40 acres of road man!

I thought the "ho" reference was the best part of that comment.

That was a classic Johnny mistake wasn't it! Only problem was I started listening closer to him after that to see another mistake. I won't be right for days.

That was a classic Johnny mistake wasn't it! Only problem was I started listening closer to him after that to see another mistake. I won't be right for days.

Did he seem flustered to you throughout that whole Tiger commentary? I swear he looked like he started sweating and couldn't look directly at the camera as he was criticizing Tiger.

I'm sure it's just in my head, but I thought he looked nervous about criticizing Tiger so bluntly. ("He has damaged the game of golf.")

Back