The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in Los Angeles don't own raincoats!

Despite the past few weeks.

Not true. I dont have one but most usually go overboard. Lulu has one also.

PS: The raincoat reference was more a joke about Pee Wee.

That's Kewpies slogan, great little dive restaurant in Racine.

Yep, The Kewpie. Cool little place and the story behind the slogan is great. Great little burgers and pretty good chili, too. We drive down once in while. I know you know your burgers. You need to hit The Nite Owl across from the airport on Layton the next time you're in Oak Creek.

Kevin

People in Los Angeles don't own raincoats!

Of course they do.

Spoiler
flasher.jpg

I bought a carbon steel wok today. I'm going to stir fry every vegetable in my immediate area.

Kevin

I bought a carbon steel wok today. I'm going to stir fry every vegetable in my immediate area.

Kevin

That made me laugh.

Spoiler
and hungry.

golfdigest.com has a new slideshow style front page. I didn't realize it automatically changes to the next slide/article after a short period of time.

The first slide was:
02052010_natalie_gulbis_640.jpg

10 Rules From Natalie
The LPGA star shares her tips for wedging it close | Photos
I was examining the photo closely (as part of a purely educational examination of the content of the article to assess whether I wanted to read it), when the slide shifted unexpectedly to:

Spoiler
100205_calc_640.jpg

Familiar Story
Calc was at the heart of the first grooves controversy.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! My eyes! My eyes!

I'm seasoning! I'm seasoning! It's fun.

Kevin

Herbs or spices?

The wok, silly. I've been wiping it with oil and heating it up and cooling it down for three hours. It now looks used and smooth. Like my legs. Hopefully it's fairly non-stick.

Kevin

The wok, silly. I've been wiping it with oil and heating it up and cooling it down for three hours. It now looks used and smooth. Like my legs. Hopefully it's fairly non-stick.

Kevin

You know that it's difficult for me to keep up with your social life.

Kevin

I love wok's. My mom used to make the best stir fry in it as a kid. I have thought about getting one but JB doesn't eat vegetables.

Up early to get SWMBO to the airport for her flight to Buffalo. I have a 3 weeks stint as a bachelor. I am also the sole support for all her bird feeders and executive plant waterer. I have been threatened with bodily harm if anything dies on my watch, especially the cats. This is going to be no fun!

"executive plant waterer", at least your in upper management! Any perks?

Up early to get SWMBO to the airport for her flight to Buffalo. I have a 3 weeks stint as a bachelor. I am also the sole support for all her bird feeders and executive plant waterer. I have been threatened with bodily harm if anything dies on my watch, especially the cats. This is going to be no fun!

Wow. Three weeks. I doubt I could survive that. Two days away from my Wife, and I'm as dirty as a Frenchman.

Kevin

"executive plant waterer", at least your in upper management! Any perks?

Pets I can manage, but not plants. I have a black thumb and have learned to say no when anyone asks me to care for plants in their absence. I've even managed to kill a bouquet of cut flowers within 24 hours.

Pets I can manage, but not plants. I have a black thumb and have learned to say no when anyone asks me to care for plants in their absence. I've even managed to kill a bouquet of cut flowers within 24 hours.

I'm with you Diane. Anything indoors has to be plastic. However, I have always love planting outside and am pretty proud of some of the things I've doon to previous places I lived.

Plus: Oreo loves green plants, :angry:

I'm with you Diane. Anything indoors has to be plastic. However, I have always love planting outside and am pretty proud of some of the things I've doon to previous places I lived.

Plus: Oreo loves green plants, :angry:

is duey up to something illegal? j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back