Hi from Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO, just being there, seeing Ireland and drinking a beer. Being able to say I walked on St Andrews old course and played at some of the greats we see on tv would be extremely cool, rain or shine. To bring my son along and meet you guys that we talk to on here would be the frosting on the cake.

Thanks for all the info, I think everyone loves to hear about the different ways and traditions of other countries golf.

no GPS system would find you St Andrews Golf course over here tho..
just a tip..

Is there one there called limrike or something like that? Way too many years since he was there.

ROFL, my mind was wondering while typing.

hehe..

there are some classics over here tho..

my favs (and not that i have played them all yet) would be:

1. Royal county Down
2. Old Head
3. Ballybunion
4. The European
5. Druids Glen
6. Royal Portrush
7. Dun Laoghaire (new)

From that list, i have walked Royal County down.. its simply spectacular, and daunting. my brother played a match there, on the practice round he hit a pw to one of the par 3's, on the match day he hit the driver a few feet short.. just shows you what a true links course can be like.

Ive played Druids Glen and walked Dun Laoghaire tho, still waiting to coff up the coffers to play the rest :D

I googled it, Limerick, should have known, lol. I'll google the ones you just mentioned and look at the pics. Great stuff.

I googled it, Limerick, should have known, lol. I'll google the ones you just mentioned and look at the pics. Great stuff.

Adare manor would be their finest course i imagine..
was to host the Irish open last year, but couldnt due to financial problems.

Well," Blow in" from Cavan I'm playing the Slieve Russell next Sun and Mon so I'll be up in your country. I'm close to Headfort, Royal Tara and Killeen. If you want to play any Fourballs this season let me know. Always looking for someone to carry out a few raids during the odd Open Week. Better still if you have a few "ropey" friends to bring along. You know how it is in these recessionary times. Getting new bats tomorrow so give me a few weeks to break them in. The Russell is a good place to try them out.

Well," Blow in" from Cavan I'm playing the Slieve Russell next Sun and Mon so I'll be up in your country. I'm close to Headfort, Royal Tara and Killeen. If you want to play any Fourballs this season let me know. Always looking for someone to carry out a few raids during the odd Open Week. Better still if you have a few "ropey" friends to bring along. You know how it is in these recessionary times. Getting new bats tomorrow so give me a few weeks to break them in. The Russell is a good place to try them out.
i just got new hurleys from 4i to aw last week.. bought them from a lad on this site.. Taylor made R9... have to break them in myself.

played headfort (new) last year, its a nice track... but was a hot day and all the insects from the rivers were buzzin around, wrecking me head! :p

i have to get a handicap again, used to play off 10.. that was a fair few years ago before college... i reckon with a bit of practice and handing in a few cards i could hit 8 by the year end... thats the target if i join up..

The SR is a lovely track, i have a voucher to play there with my bro this year, his wife and my girl will use the spa for the day while we chop up the course.. but it is a great course.. played it last year too, went around at 11 over.. not bad really.. last year was my comeback year after nearly a 9 year absence..

Don't be over ambitious with the Hcap till we win something. My sons GFs sister borrowed a set of mens club to get a Hcap and shot 8 over with the comp secretary of the club she was joining. Thought it was a bit mad until I heard she played Inter Pro for Munster about 10 years ago and her athair was a golf pro. You can get great value around here now. Headfort dropped te entrance Fee from 10k to 2.5k. Killeen started at 50k and now it's 5k plus the sub. Only I was made redundant last year I give Headfort a lash.

Don't be over ambitious with the Hcap till we win something. My sons GFs sister borrowed a set of mens club to get a Hcap and shot 8 over with the comp secretary of the club she was joining. Thought it was a bit mad until I heard she played Inter Pro for Munster about 10 years ago and her athair was a golf pro. You can get great value around here now. Headfort dropped te entrance Fee from 10k to 2.5k. Killeen started at 50k and now it's 5k plus the sub. Only I was made redundant last year I give Headfort a lash.

I have to look lower for the membership rates.. i am paying my gals college fees (2.5k per year) until she gets a job.. so that wipes out my spare cash...

If you are playing the SR, you should look to fit a game in at the new "Farnham Estate" outside Cavan Town.. its a very nice circuit, just built.. but as with most places is short on money, so its not as neat and tidy as it can and will be, and there is no clubhouse yet... Its very cheap too.

I was up in Farnham when they were developing it because I sold stuff in there. You can get membership in Clonmel for 180 euro. I'm back to college myself after 32 yrs since the "Leavin"..............Not easy to teach old dogs new tricks!!!!!!

I was up in Farnham when they were developing it because I sold stuff in there. You can get membership in Clonmel for 180 euro. I'm back to college myself after 32 yrs since the "Leavin"..............Not easy to teach old dogs new tricks!!!!!!

nah, its not easy.. im only 28 but find it harder to retain information..

The thing about Clonmel, is that id probably have to hand in 3 cards there, unless anothe course can take on the card responsibility and issue a handicap.

Not sure how it works. Heard of one place where committee member played 9 with the guy who wanted to join..said that's grand we'll give you 18. If you want a game sometime over the summer let me know.

Not sure how it works. Heard of one place where committee member played 9 with the guy who wanted to join..said that's grand we'll give you 18. If you want a game sometime over the summer let me know.

will do.. and ty

note to self: must buy car... :D

Back