Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but not email.

The issue is with your email provider, not your phone. You need to get on the online version of your email and set up tougher filters.

Since when am I telling you about technology??

The issue is with your email provider, not your phone. You need to get on the online version of your email and set up tougher filters.

Since when am I telling you about technology??

We are his email provider. We are working on a new solution. This was not the case until we changed to a dedicated server, but has since become a major issue.

I have not been out of the house or felt like being out of the house since Thursday evening when I came home from the hospital. I am so sick of being sick I want to scream. Liz loves it because she gets to wait on me hand and foot, why I have no idea, but this is ridiculous. Thank goodness for THP at least.

We are his email provider. We are working on a new solution. This was not the case until we changed to a dedicated server, but has since become a major issue.

But it's not just my THP account. It's my personal accounts too. It's especially annoying when I am the cause of the spam - like signing up for emails from online retailers. It wasn't annoying when it was just my computer, but now when my pocket buzzes with 3 identical buy.com sale notices, I'm just kicking myself.

I really believe that Blackberry is the only email phone that gets the spam filter right. Our Droid still gets them, my Iphone always got them. I have switched to a 3rd party email on my phone and that has helped a little.

I really believe that Blackberry is the only email phone that gets the spam filter right. Our Droid still gets them, my Iphone always got them. I have switched to a 3rd party email on my phone and that has helped a little.

Agreed--I get essentially no spam on the BB. When I got to the online version of my email (comcast), I'm shocked at the amount of spam it filters out.

Ok. Rants 1 and 2 from Saturday can now be downgraded to mildly annoying.

#1: The THP buckle has been found and is in my posession. It was in the office and probably had problems with one of their sorting machines. I'm still not happy about the opened mail part, but at least I have everything I was supposed to.

#2: My golf shop did not mislead me. I talked to Cleveland's CS and got the same answer my golf shop did. The reason I don't have my clubs is because they have been backordered on the DW (dual wedge) since before my order (Dec 12th?). I guess Cleveland severely underestimated the demand for that wedge and won't have it in stock till the 15th of this month. They are sending me all my other clubs now that I told them to do so, but I'll still have to wait on that one. JB, I'm guessing your friends' orders probably didn't include this wedge. If they got them too, I think my status will rise to rant again. :banghead:

Good to hear Dirt_Guy. Hope the clubs come in soon.

Worst Keyboard Layout ever

Worst Keyboard Layout ever

OK - this has been bothering me since I bought this Lenovo R500 PC almost two years ago.

Directly below the right hand Shift button is a series of three "control" buttons. If you just happen to miss the shift button and hit one of these buttons, you are taken to the previous screen that was browsed, or into "la la" land. In essence you lose EVERYTHING you've input! I've written to Lenovo and received a standard "canned" reply. It has happened to me way too many times (probably hundreds) to think that I'm the only one its happening to.

This has to be the worst planned keyboard arrangement I've ever encountered, and I've been using keyboards (beginning with manual typewriters) for over 50 years.

Ok - rant over.

If people are sick at work, why don't they just stay home?!?! 2 people in my office left home early yesterday because they're sick, and they come back today?? They're going to get the rest of us sick!!! :banghead:

If people are sick at work, why don't they just stay home?!?! 2 people in my office left home early yesterday because they're sick, and they come back today?? They're going to get the rest of us sick!!! :banghead:

I always hate the idea of wasting a day off being sick, I want to be able to enjoy myself if I'm not working.:D

Superbowl "sickness" perhaps? That shouldn't be contagious!

If you start to feel sick, we all want you to wear a mask on Saturday. :laughing:

Before I retired, I never missed a day of work, other than for approved vacations for the last 8+ years I worked. I was never sick enough to stay home. The b*tch was they did not pay me for the sick time I did not use. The old "use it, or lose it" clause. :banghead:

I've got about 185 hours of sick time, but they keep on growing and when I retire in the very far future, I get to cash them out and retire earlier! I'm selective with my sick time and I do stay home when I'm sick! Just not more than 4 days in a row or you are required to bring a doctor's note! I wish I could use my sick hours as vacation hours, I only have a weeks vacation and gobs of sick time!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've got about 185 hours of sick time, but they keep on growing and when I retire in the very far future, I get to cash them out and retire earlier! I'm selective with my sick time and I do stay home when I'm sick! Just not more than 4 days in a row or you are required to bring a doctor's note! I wish I could use my sick hours as vacation hours, I only have a weeks vacation and gobs of sick time!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

You have 4 1/2 weeks of sick time but only 1 week of vacation? That's weird. I thought most companies give their employees at least two weeks of vacation a year, and maybe 40 hours of sick time. Bummer.

Yesterday was the first time leaving the house since I came home from the hospital Thursday evening. I had a doc appointment and he was pretty surprised I was feeling as good as I was after being so sick. Like a dumb head I went down and practiced a few games of pool, had a beer then went home and feel asleep, lol. I was so tired I slept all evening and most of the night. Now I really feel like carp! This has got to end!

You have 4 1/2 weeks of sick time but only 1 week of vacation? That's weird. I thought most companies give their employees at least two weeks of vacation a year, and maybe 40 hours of sick time. Bummer.

That's because I use up a lot of vacation days for a vacation :( but I'm not going anywhere until May, so I should start accumulating them again!! I normally get 3 weeks of vacation a year that's IF I don't take any vacation...

Yesterday was the first time leaving the house since I came home from the hospital Thursday evening. I had a doc appointment and he was pretty surprised I was feeling as good as I was after being so sick. Like a dumb head I went down and practiced a few games of pool, had a beer then went home and feel asleep, lol. I was so tired I slept all evening and most of the night. Now I really feel like carp! This has got to end!

Take care of yourself TheDue, you've got a pretty nice golf outing coming up :)

Now I know how Buffalo feels....snow keeps coming down and I'm running out of places to put it. :angry:

"So coach, If I were to soack my hand in ice for like, an hour, and then stick my hand in the lava, what would happen?"

:banghead:

Now I know how Buffalo feels....snow keeps coming down and I'm running out of places to put it. :angry:

My wife is in Buffalo and they don't have but a couple of inches on the ground. Seems most of the real snow is going south of them....like in PA... Sorry.

Before I retired, I never missed a day of work, other than for approved vacations for the last 8+ years I worked. I was never sick enough to stay home. The b*tch was they did not pay me for the sick time I did not use. The old "use it, or lose it" clause. :banghead:

For years, the feds allowed employees to add unused sick leave to their years of service when calculating the pension. Some folks were able to retire as much as a year or 18 months early as a result.

Then the powers that be decided this was wrong, and switched to a use it or lose it plan. Big surprise--folks approaching retirement age suddenly got sick a whole lot.

The law of unintended consequences is one thing, but this was a tank bearing down at them. How could no one see that coming?

For years, the feds allowed employees to add unused sick leave to their years of service when calculating the pension. Some folks were able to retire as much as a year or 18 months early as a result.

Then the powers that be decided this was wrong, and switched to a use it or lose it plan. Big surprise--folks approaching retirement age suddenly got sick a whole lot.

The law of unintended consequences is one thing, but this was a tank bearing down at them. How could no one see that coming?

They did that to us when switching the retirement systems from SARS to FERS. I thought that some under the SARS were able to use the old system (retire early with sick days) and only new employees got the shaft when the FERS retirement plan was introduced. They've been trying to get it back to the old way while riding the coat tails of another bill, but the most recent one got shot down. I have hope someone will keep trying to get it through again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back