What training aid could you not live without?

ChristopherKee

Reaction score
Another thread asked a question about alignment sticks and there usefulness. It got me thinking about what training aids could I not live without.

For me alignment sticks are so important that they stay in my bag always and I have backups at home for when I lose them at the range.

I also have an Orange Whip I haul around with me. It's slowly becoming something I'd prefer not to live without.

A camera and a mirror

sent without the boss's knowledge...

After my lesson the other night...a smash bag...but only used as a tool to stop casting my hands at the top.

None of them.

Last edited:
After my lesson the other night...a smash bag...but only used as a tool to stop casting my hands at the top.

What are smash bags used for?

What are smash bags used for?
That's a good question. They are designed for you to "smash" them with an iron--creating lag and a square face at impact.

I drop mine a 6 iron shaft length behind the ball--which forces me to come from the inside with my swing. If I were to cast my hands at the top (which is what I am doing now), the club will hit the bag and not the ball.

Impact bag, impact ball. Those two are all I need

I don't have any so I guess I'm safe.......

I won't practice on the range without my Callaway alignment sticks anymore.

The only training aid I can not live without is the SKilz Ball First trainer. This thing is what finally gave me my aha!!!! moment. Before this item I was always sweeping the ball to get it up. I was at the grass range and saw this guy using it. During his break I inquired and he gave me his. It was such a nice gesture. I look for him all the time but I have never seen him there again.

Not really a training aid but I take my range backpack: In it is my ball first trainer, my mini tripod (don't go buy an expensive one, vivitar's is about 5 bucks on amazon and it collapses to just smaller in length than my forearm), and digital camera.

I recently bought this item called the set up stick. It was invented by this golf pro at a course I frequent. I was intrigued by it and I really like it. It's fairly simple just a alignment stick that gives you feet and ball placement reminders.

Range balls? :alien:

I don't own any training aids.

I'm really liking my SKLZ Gold Flex ( similar to Orange Whip). It's great for warm up and seems to help me establish good tempo for the round.

I would feel lost without a few. If I could only have one it would be a plane board.

Like a full swing plane board or the little one for putting?

I'm really liking my SKLZ Gold Flex ( similar to Orange Whip). It's great for warm up and seems to help me establish good tempo for the round.
Hey v.man hows it going? Just wondering if you've also tried the orange whip? Are they similar enough that the Gold flex is the smart buy, as it is quite a bit cheaper. What would you recommend I buy, as I do plan on getting one or the other. Just hoping it'll be the gold flex.

Hey v.man hows it going? Just wondering if you've also tried the orange whip? Are they similar enough that the Gold flex is the smart buy, as it is quite a bit cheaper. What would you recommend I buy, as I do plan on getting one or the other. Just hoping it'll be the gold flex.

I purchased both. I kept the Orange Whip for the heavier weight on the handle side. Helps me feel my hands dropping inside with the downswing. Besides that they were almost the same.

I questions my decision as time goes on though. It was a $45 difference in price off Amazon when purchased and though it's a great aid and I use it all the time, I think I would have loved the SLKZ just as much.

Impact bag....Medicus 7iron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back