Launch angle for 12 hcp

tzeboss

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi again. Thanks for previous replies :)
With My 7 iron i have an ave launch angle of 23 with My mizuno 23s 7400 spin. I guess this launch angle is way too much and giving me less distance. I am getting some x hot pros next week which i guess have less loft so may decrease launch angle. Would putting the ball further back help? Other tips?

Must sau that this is a great community :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of shaft do you have in the irons?

They are dynamite gold s300

Launch angle for 12 hcp

PGA tour average is 16.3, but we as amateurs will never sniff those numbers. A lot of things can affect it, shaft choice, where you are actually hitting the ball on the club face, the dynamic loft of the club at impact.

Did you get fitted for the xhot pros?

I did get fitted. .5 inch longer 3 degree up. Got fitted with regular shaft stiffness

You move the ball to the right?

Launch and spin are both pretty high. Spin wouldn't be bad if your launch was a lot lower.

Guessing you are swiping the ball, maybe flipping, and leaving an open face.

Hi again. Thanks for previous replies :)
With My 7 iron i have an ave launch angle of 23 with My mizuno 23s 7400 spin. I guess this launch angle is way too much and giving me less distance. I am getting some x hot pros next week which i guess have less loft so may decrease launch angle. Would putting the ball further back help? Other tips?

Must sau that this is a great community :)

Ask your swing coach if you have an early release or shallow angel of attack. I launch my 7i at 17 degree 6k spin area but have a late release and a steeper angle of attack. I swing down and through the ball. I can launch it higher if needed by shallowing it out.

I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough to give tips and advice, but from what I have read here on THP, just because the newer clubs have less loft does not mean they will launch lower - with all of the technological advances, there is a lot more to launch angles than just loft and if I remember correctly, despite reducing the lofts on clubs, companies were still seeing similar launch angles

I am sure there was a thread recently that discussed this whole issue but I can't remember what it was called

No doubt someone will be along to give you some more advice

Where are you hitting to get the numbers? As in, are you using a mat? I believe mats tend to increase launch angle if I'm not mistaken. Might be a degree or two lower when you're hitting from turf

Yes i am on a mat inside. Good tips

PGA tour average is 16.3, but we as amateurs will never sniff those numbers. A lot of things can affect it, shaft choice, where you are actually hitting the ball on the club face, the dynamic loft of the club at impact.

Did you get fitted for the xhot pros?

Those launch numbers aren't that impossible. I have been seeing a 16° 6300rpm of spin off my 6iron.

Getting the hands in front of the ball at impact (aka leaning the shaft forward at impact) and reducing the dynamic loft on the club is going to do more for your launch angle than any equipment change will do. Lots of drills to help you do that, but to get the feel of getting the hands forward, hit little chip shots first and then try to take that feeling to your full swing. Good information in here about getting forward shaft lean: http://www.andrewricegolf.com/tag/forward-shaft-lean/

Back