7i - When things aren't going well (at some point on most rounds), I can usually count on my 7i to work.

My 5 wood for long clubs and my 9 iron for short clubs.

5w or my new 7w I am very comfortable with. Just picked up a 46* cg15 wedge that I only used at the range once but I like the way it feels... who knows? :confused2:

42* niblick...makes me smile every time I pull it out of the bag. :bananadance:

Gotta be my Nickent 4DX 6IW, at 29*, it's a wedge, a putter and even a hybrid.

PW for me... but pulling in at a close second is this one:

:bananadance:

image_73.jpg

On full-swing shots, I :love: my 7-iron and then for chip shots will be my SW :good:

Driver or 5w for long shots....SW or LW for short ones

Has to be my 52* gap wedge, have complete confidence in that club from 100 yds in. For longer shots my 19* Raylor, really starting to trust this club no matter what lie I have.

I dont really have a, "go to" club. I try to be equally good with all my clubs.

So I was watching Tin Cup for the bazillionth time yesterday and it got me thinking (which is very dangerous). What is your "Go to" club? The one that never fails, without doubt, no matter what lie.

For me... 54 SW.

In the immortal words of the Cup, "I hit the 7 like John Daly hits the 3."

I guess I don't call it a "go-to" club. That might be a favorite club, but it's still only likely to be useful when it's the right club to play. By that sense, I don't really have a go-to club. I "go to" the club which I feel is right for the needed shot. :dohanim:

The club I hit best changes from one day to the next. Most often, my 5H (25°) or my 6I seem to be pretty consistent, but I also like my AP-2 PW.

To pick one, it's the PW... if I have to lay up I try to get into my 100-105 yard range for that club, and I also chip with it a lot. :D

Back