Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 favorites are still the exclamation point and the key.

Blooper reel:

Blooper reel:

*ugly:
key.png

"The Scream" emoticon:
emoticon.png

OK, time for another somewhat serious contribution:

Attempt 1:

Trying to come up with a simple image that is instantly recognizable as golf: A cup and a few balls. The balls are a simple idea to represent 'people' in the logo.

5 variations:

Basic
Basic w/ THP abbreviation incorporated (not a good idea)
Basic + full name.
Basic + full name, w/ balls used as 'bullets'.
Basic w/ THP abbreviation under.

ballsandcup.png

Notice the pink ball in #5: It represents both women and 'edgy' style.

Attempt 2:

Better looking than attempt 1, IMO.

ballsandcup2.png

PS: Still working on improving on the Argyle theme: Not getting anywhere! I may break down and download some better drawing tools to be able to be more "competitive" with some of the fine art that other members are producing :thumb: ......

My 2 favorites are still the exclamation point and the key.
Yeah, I think we should all be focusing on making a good key at this point.

Yeah, I think we should all be focusing on making a good key at this point.

Could the key be based on a golf ball and a sideways tee?

(I'm still skeptical about using a golf ball in a logo because the dimples require "3d" shading, which often doesn't translate well in non-photo quality applications. But maybe using a tee enable the use of a flat image as the golf ball. Perhaps then using the letters THP as the cutouts in the "key" - i.e., don't drop the letters down, but cut them out of the solid portion of the key.)

EDIT: Like this, only, ya' know, better:

Keylogo.jpg

Last edited:
GG, do you like the shape of modern keys, or skeleton keys?

(I'm still skeptical about using a golf ball in a logo because the dimples require "3d" shading, which often doesn't translate well in non-photo quality applications. But maybe using a tee enable the use of a flat image as the golf ball. Perhaps then using the letters THP as the cutouts in the "key" - i.e., don't drop the letters down, but cut them out of the solid portion of the key.)

Keylogo.jpg

Very nice idea

Keylogo.jpg

I quite like this direction as well. i would be interested to see what _JL_ could do with this.

GG and I both prefer the modern key to the skeleton key. The sideways ball and tee may end up cool, but right now, my honest opinion is that it is not for me.

Not digging the last one we saw, made think of a rocket . Just my opinion.

46470002b-1-1-1.png

This needs some work, but I thought had some potential.

Not digging the last one we saw, made think of a rocket . Just my opinion.

Now that you mention it I see that too. Like I was saying before I really like that first key that you found that was actually an arrow. That one is still my favorite and I believe JB's too.

I thought this looked nice, I kind of did it on accident, I was trying to do something else

dsjflkj1.jpg

Now that you mention it I see that too. Like I was saying before I really like that first key that you found that was actually an arrow. That one is still my favorite and I believe JB's too.

yeah, I have been throwing out ideas all week, and I think this one is my favorite also, When I searched arrows, I was thinking, arrows do what? point you in the right direction. Which is what I think you guys do. You do reviews, not for companies but for us to get an idea of which one might best suit us. You show us where to get clothing, news, you name it. That was my initial thought. I was looking for arrows at first(like a shooting arrow), I thought that would be a cool logo, kind of like the feather. Then I saw this last one and it made me think, innovative....the steel look gave it the technology feel, golf ball, well golf. green arrows......moving forward, getting better, improving. turns out now a key, which as some are saying, like THP is a key to golf. I hope this paragraph makes since. Kind of just typing my thoughts

My biggest concern is if that picture has a copy right on it?

Dont know copyright laws for a drawing. but I am sure someone can duplicate it with some additions or subtractions to make it your own

yeah, I have been throwing out ideas all week, and I think this one is my favorite also, When I searched arrows, I was thinking, arrows do what? point you in the right direction. Which is what I think you guys do. You do reviews, not for companies but for us to get an idea of which one might best suit us. You show us where to get clothing, news, you name it. That was my initial thought. I was looking for arrows at first(like a shooting arrow), I thought that would be a cool logo, kind of like the feather. Then I saw this last one and it made me think, innovative....the steel look gave it the technology feel, golf ball, well golf. green arrows......moving forward, getting better, improving. turns out now a key, which as some are saying, like THP is a key to golf. I hope this paragraph makes since. Kind of just typing my thoughts

We totally agree and we think it's the perfect logo JB and I absolutely love it. We just don't know if we can use that exact key because of copy right issues. Do you know any details on that?

It looks like we can use it for a small fee. We may just do that since we both like it so much. Still looking.

nope, got it off of photobucket, I put the pic number in a post so you could go to photobucket and look at it on there. But, I still think you could have JL or SethO reproduce this in their own way. Then you wouldnt run int copyright problems. But someone here might know more

I could be wrong, but I think you woud only have to worry about copyright if you use that EXACT photo, if you make changes, I think you will be ok. Look at the other photos there, there is no way they have the copyright for all those

So here is the deal. For standard web use of the image it costs very little, but for further use, it will cost a few hundred dollars.

We would rather create something like that or go back to our exclamation point.

What about something like this?

THPKEY.jpg

Tried to put some sort of trim around the THP buckle logo and that's my attempt at making the key kinda shiny and metallic...

Can one of you CG guys make that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back